>like books as a kid
>kinda read whatever
>get into The Classics TM at ~13
>read a lot of Serious Literature
>learn about Finnegans Wake
>"The final boss of literature"
>"but you have to read the western canon to understand it"
>challengeaccepted.jpg
>spend years reading diligently, from the greeks, working my way up to the modern day
>even read the pomo stuff just for good measure
>finally read to read finnegans wake
>find out finnegans wake is actually just an intermediate step for pic related

WHEN DOES IT END Veeky Forums? HAS LITERATURE GONE TOO FAR?

*finally ready to read finnegans wake

lmaoo ikr haha hard books its so funny haha my sides a re in orbit

I've read Bottom's Dream in German (I'm German) and it's easier than FW (which I haven't finished yet). It's a lot stranger, but I was able to read a great deal of it without a guide book or anything, whereas when reading FW, a guidebook is pretty much necessary for any level of comprehension. Also, please don't spend your time reading just for the sake of being able to read a difficult book.

I'm somehow beginning to like those threads. Go on, Bottom-kun. But I'm disappointed that you're only reading a translation.

go back to r/books

I'm honestly starting to believe the people talking about Dalkey shills are telling the truth

It truly is the final boss

People have been shilling ZT here for ages. Also, it would make sense to shill here.

It's such a big and thick book. Frankly, it's intimidating to imagine reading it. What if I enjoy it too much? Could I go back to enjoying smaller books after this?

I only know two people who've ever finished Finnigan's Wake, and I'm pretty sure one of them is lying.

>Finnigan's Wake
C'mon bro, tiny bit of effort into the ol baiterino there.

where else are they going to sell the newest absolute experimental garbage failure they're printing? They've probably made a thousand dollars from the people on this board alone

r/books is thattaway my friend.

>new
it's 46 years old you fucking mong

nigga if you see the book irl you'd realize dalkey makes a fucking pittance printing this book.

>Reads books for the challenge
Please kill yourself.

If it's ineligible to be a classic, it's new.

the first one is you, the second the other.
The Other is lying.

the first one is me
the second one is you

i am lying

Dalkey makes a pittance with everything they print. From what I understand, they're basically subsidized by donors who want to keep specific books in print.

yea so its really pointless saying dalkey is "shilling" or wahtever. god knows dalkey isnt in the "publish obscure 1000 page european postwar novels" business to make millions lol