How do you become as smart as possible?

How do you become as smart as possible?
I'm doing computer science and my brain is rotting
I've been doing the following:
>self studying maths outside the scope of my course (including logic and theory of computation, of which we do the bare minimum)
>replacing mindless internet browsing with slightly less brain-damaging stuff (5+ hours of /v/, /pol/, /r9k/ etc replaced with one hour of Veeky Forums, social media replaced with Aeon/Nautilus)
>3+ hours of reading a day, fiction and nonfiction
>meditation
>using my brain as much as possible, adding up my bill as I shop and other autistic things)
I've always ate well and exercised, but I feel a few months of this has already made a huge difference. I think much clearer and generally my executive function is much better
Is this all I can do?

How about you get a job you waste of a perfectly functional brain.

>I've always ate well
I doubt it.
Do you eat enough food that stimulates hormesis?
>How do you become as smart as possible?
I don't think you can. You can become more knowledgable or learn new skills, sure.

smarter people use their brains less actually, the key is not to waste your energy on autistic mental functions but to give yourself proper rest and figure out how to be more efficient when the time comes to solve some real problems

basically now that you've replaced your shit habits with more intellectually engaging habits, now you have to replace your intellectually engaging habits with intellectually preservative habits

this includes contemplation, creative thought, and productive output

It's been almost two years since I've eaten any processed junk food. I eat about 40g added sugar a month, from 95% dark chocolate bars.
I eat a lot of plants and legumes which apparently contain toxins. I also eat a lot of fatty fish which probably has some level of pollutants. Is that enough 'hormesis' stimulation?

Sounds similar to what I eat kek. Not sure if the whole hormesis thing is even solid science (as of now), but some people suggest it helps maintain your body. For example that vegetables are not so much good (but still good) because of vitamins but because of light toxics.

Doesn't matter much anyway, since we know at least that vegetables are good.

I personally want to eat more mushrooms, eggs, garlic family plants - which I eat barely. And I also want to eat more nuts, which I do eat but feel not enough. And some specific foods.

You could add some (herbal) teas to the mix? Green tea and ginger tea seem to have proven benefits. The science on herbal teas doesn't seem settled but I heard good stuff about ginkgo tea (for example).

Disclaimer: not saying that it will make you smarter, but will most likely be positive for you anyway.

Thanks for the advice. I already drink a lot of herbal teas already. I feel like these things don't necessarily make you any better at thinking but not doing them definitely dulls the brain

>computer science
You failed before you even started

I used to eat differently and would get tired quickly or headaches. Switching to oatmeal in the morning instead of bread or other (sugary) breakfast cereal seemed to help. Overall feel much better. But can't know exactly what caused that.

I avoid most grains other than oatmeals, but the science is confusing. I know one doctor who warns against the glycemic index as it is called. But there seem other suggestions that whole grains are good, at least the textbook on nutrition suggested so.

Nutrition is one of the sciences which I find the most contradictive and thus hard to understand. I should probably put more effort into searching for papers instead of looking for books. It is hard to seperate pseudoscience from science when it comes to books, and the textbook on nutrition was rather disappointing. Maybe I need more specific textbooks.

I also have either schizophrenia or bipolar disorder: I was diagnosed with the first and later they thought it might be the second which does seem more likely. I actually asked for a nutritionist to help me, but they weren't actually supportive of that. Not sure why, because some herbs (and other foods) can interact with my meds or condition.

Anyway, if I have schizophrenia avoiding grains could be good. Some research suggested that.

Kinda cool you have a similar lifestyle as me. You know with the importance of both learning and keeping as healthy as possible.

I'm also fairly sure I'm mildly schizophrenic after years of drug abuse in my teens. Are you a real person or am I making this whole thing up? Should I stop reading PKD?

Do you guys have voices talking to you? Shit man, if I had that, I'd never be lonely again.

Nope, I just think in a very weird way and have been derealized for years

>Should I stop reading PKD?
What's that?
And yes I am real.
>Do you guys have voices talking to you?
No, hence I think bipolar disorder is much more likely as schizophrenia. I do not seem to have hallucinations, well at least not auditory (such as voices). And there's years between my 'episodes'. I knew a guy who had weekly psychosis (as it is called) with hallucinations.

There's other stuff like irritability, impulsivity and racing thoughts that are more characteristic of mania. And characteristics of schizophrenics in their daily life I don't have. But I am not a psychatrist and the offical diagnosis hasn't changed to mania, so.

I even have a 'celibrity waifu' as I did have delusions, such as thinking songs were directed to me, in that case love songs. I've learned to turn off the radio and television because I cannot handle them during my episodes. I cannot handle much stimuli at all when such an episode happens.

What is peculiar is that I sometimes still have tendencies to search meaning behind things (almost only songs, and in particular by the 'celibrity waifu') even when not in such an episode. I am learning to rationalize them away by thinking of probability. But it is exclusively songs and sometimes stuff lying around in public places. It doesn't affect much else.

I am actually confident that in the future I won't have any episodes again. Maybe one or two, but not more. I say this because I used to have epilepsy and grew out of it. And even the psychatrists say that people grow out of it, and thought I was doing very well (you should have seen the druggies I had to temporary live with).

End of blog.

Currently reading this.
Can't speak about the validity of it, would have to check multiple sources, but maybe there's a potential for us atypicals. Hmmm...

I spent >9000 hours making this image in autocad

> reading 3 hours a day
> he actually thinks this a noteworthy amount

>fiction and non fiction
Read only CS related material and philosophical shit, the rest is a waste of time
>adding up my bill
Khan academy will help you more than that
>exercised
If you don't exercise the second after you wake up, you're losing your daily buff

I've found that reading a lot of good fiction makes me a better communicator/writer, if not just because of an improved vocabulary. I also think biographies of successful people are also good to read.
If I read CS and philosophy all day, it eventually stops sinking in. Is this something that can be trained?

What I mean by 'adding up my bill' is just exercising my brain whenever possible. You can either find out the price at the checkout or keep a mental tally. I would think always keeping a mental tally makes you a little better at adding/remembering numbers than not doing so, and is slightly less autistic than using Khan academy as I shop

Reading philosophy can help tremendously. Also check out some nootropics.

have a pity (You)

Philosophy is a mostly common sense blended with extreme pretention

What caused your problems is Carbohydrates. Of which, bread is saturated with.

You need to read about the ketogenic diet.

Go to WWW.reddit.com/r/keto

Read the sidebar shit.

I did that diet for 8 months and lost 19kg.

However, it is not only for losing weight. The lack of carbohydrates morphs your body into using fat as fuel instead of glucose.

It has opened my eyes to the entire problem of humanity today. Its not "processed food" that is the problem. It is carbohydrates. Junk food just happens to be riddled with the shit.

Makes me wonder if secretly, the higher powers have known this for decades. And have forced the shit effects of carbohydrates on society in order to produce mindless worker drones

please don't do this

DNA
Once you are conceived, your fate is more or less determined.

Listen to this guy.

Smart people know that using your brain more doesn't necessarily make you smarter. If a computer can do it, they will let a computer do it. They will instead use their mental energy to accomplish bigger things than you ever could.

I disagree. I think that thinking makes you better at thinking. I have no evidence for this aside from my anecdotal experience

Genetics, and no limiting factors like a shit diet and poor sun exposure.

It's too late for you, but not for your kids.

Also, be sure to feed them a healthy diet of mathematics and physics as early as 7.

>mfw a computer scientist claims they study ""math""

You guys couldn't prove the sum of two odds numbers is even, let alone pass any math course that isn't glorified algebraic manipulations.

Or if you feel you aren't a brainlet: change majors retard.