Kobo vs Kindle

Kobo vs Kindle.

I want maximized customizability in my e-reader and functionality. I like open standards and want to use epub. What e-reader should I get?

Obviously Kobo, then.

why?

For the reasons you just said, numb nuts. It allows for greater customization and is compatibly with epub.

Lol even a nook is better than Kobo. Get a Kindle that is not s tablet if you want to be patrish

What's wrong with the kobo?

Nothing. Mine is working perfectly.

which one should I get?

Nothing really. I have both and just prefer Kindle.

I was exaggerating when I said a nook is better. Nook had some potential, but Barnes and Noble has stopped caring.

Just compare the features of a Kindle and Kobo and pick the one that suits your needs more

If it's just for reading books (text) get one with a 6" screen at most that is lightweight and has some illumination.

I got some cheap used one for 40$ (here the prices are absurd, 200$ usually) so I wouldn't know, but people usually say go for HD Glo.

Kindle. Kobo is kind of sluggish and clunky. It's specs aren't too great either, but on the other hand you can use epubs more often. Though you can also do the same with Kindle by using calibre

Kindle paperwhite masterace reporting in

I have a Kindle myself, but if you want functionality, Kobo. Kobo can run epubs (and maybe pdf's too, I'm not sure). With Kindle you need to convert everything either to azw3 or mobi to read comfortably.

>maximized customizability in my e-reader and functionality. I like open standards and want to use epub. What e-reader should I get?
Kobo, of course. Get the waterproof one if you're a bath reader, it's very comfy.

The open standards issue is irrelevant as Kobo still steals your data rather brazenly and using calibre the epub>azw3 conversion is flawless and automatic.

It reads pdfs.
I just turned off my wifi and never connect it.

>open standards issue
What does everyone mean with this? I have connected my Kindle to wi-fi, downloaded and pirated every book imaginable, those with copyright also, and nothing has happened.

Open standards is nothing to do with your cheap ass.

Companies try to establish industry standards for technology that they control in order to limit competition.

so what should I use, then?

As always:

>ignore kobo shills
>ignore kobo posts

If you buy a kobo enjoy the 6 months it lasts.

Had mine a year and a half.

I just bought a Paperwhite like 5 minutes ago.

I can't speak for Kobos, but I've been using a kindle for years and it's great. You have to convert everything to mobi though which is a bit of an inconvenience.

does a 10 inch tablet not count as an ereader?
Moonreader is perfect on android. i had a kindle it ended up in the thrash

>does a 10 inch tablet not count as an ereader?
No.