This here book is sooo comfy, like holy, but wait Holy!

This here book is sooo comfy, like holy, but wait Holy!

it's really fun
i read the part where gibbs and eigen goes to basts mail filled apartment and act like assholes
it was a hoot and a half

Mine is arriving very soon. Pretty fucking excited.

H O L Y
O
L
Y

But seriously: the suburban new york, the chill school, fall semester atmosphere, the wacky, sad, adults and their schemes. And JR, holy.

HOLY, probably my new favorite book. finished it a week ago. it was so funny. J R is hilarious. drunken Gibbs close runner up. the shoe prints on the way.

wall and lamp shade ***

Just on the last 20 pages. I think this might be the best American novel I've ever read

I agree

I read this book twice but I missed the 'holy' meme.

Should I read this or the recognitions first?

do whatever you want

J R is a lot better than the recognitions.

They're completely unrelated.

the recognitions is a worthwhile book in itself and was gaddis's first novel. if youre interested in learning about how the author progressed, it may be a good idea.

that being said, ive recently fi.nished the recognitions and have this on special order at the bookstore

The Recognitions is the book I'd been searching for for many years, one where the mortal and mundane rubs against and feels the shadow of the epic and transcendental, like TS Eliot, Wallace Stevens, Hart Crane, Ezra Pound (at least, the more comprehensible parts) in book form. I've tried to get my closest friends to read it as well, but it's been more miss than hit. Whichever you decide to read first, I hope you do give TR a try.

Thanks, guys.

What's this meme book?
Why's everyone suddenly mentioning it when it was released like 120 years ago?

Delillo's been shilling it here.

it's the greatest American novel of all time.

lel

>sneaky JR in the first one

>That one that has all the letters from SHIT in it

Post the page with The RI Coons Ignite.

you got it

I'm always impressed by his mastery of shitposting through the use of actual review excerpts of the recognitions in that part.

I've drawn the bottom right one on the memo line for my rent checks before.

lmao Alright you just convinced me to get this book. seems pretty funny.

Not trying to sound condescending here, but just pointing out because the joke went way over my head the first time I read J R: all of those book names are anagrams of The Recognitions, and those are real excerpts from reviews.

I just realized, this is very reminiscent of what Cervantes does in Don Quixote where in the second book, he addresses the existence of the first book, and discusses its receptions and the cheap knock-off sequels. This is a little different in J R, in that obviously the characters aren't aware of The Recognitions, it isn't quite the metatextual level of Don Q, but still neat.

>SHIT
Holy... something else I never even noticed.

God damn, thanks everyone for keeping this thread going. I just finished the book yesterday and the more and think about and reflect on it, the better it gets. Gaddis was truly a genius.