Go to Goodreads, bring back something fun. This really made me think

Go to Goodreads, bring back something fun. This really made me think.

>find a book that annoys you on pretty much every level
>continue reading until you've finished it
forwhatpurpose.jpg

you don't understand, you hafta complete every book you start or else you won't be able to reach the yearly goodreads challenge goal!

Or else people will say "wow you can't complain about the book if you didn't finish it."

It's always interesting how plebs miss even the most obvious things that make Auster's work interesting.

I try my best to avoid falling for /pol/ shit and then I see a review beginning with "OY GEVALT" and complaining about antisemitism that isn't even in the book.

/pol/ shit has the most hilarious rationalizing in its 1 star reviews

At this point, the merge of /pol/ with Veeky Forums, /mu/ and /tv/ is inevitable. Veeky Forums is yet to take the redpill that their literature was made for / by white men with high IQs and capacity to entertain heavily abstract thought. Such trait is rare among white men and barely unexistant among most ethnical groups in the world.

Yet authors from Iceland are now expected to feel the need to include the political wills of almost alien groups who never cared about literature into their work. Thus, reducing the power of the author over his own creation.

Political correctness is not slowing down, is it?

It won't stop.

Veeky Forums will have to react at some point or politicians will be ghost-writing their books with their agendas soon.

That review doesn't say there was anti-semitism in the book.

Was peter jacking it?

Yeah this thing that isn't happening is pretty scary isn't it

It isn't?

Writers are not getting bashed because they forgot to include a powerful female character or a genius african-american?

I have not read it but would you say it was misogynistic?

First week on Veeky Forums, huh?

Not by anybody who matters

For the most part, no.

>getting bashed
People having negative opinions about literature is not an injustice. In any case, most of that kind of backlash is against popular garbage and genre fiction. Most people are fine with whatever people are represented in classic literary works. Some are not, but why would you get triggered over that? It's senseless.

>take the redpill

Can I go one thread without some idiot babbling about this shit.

I don't mind it anymore. I've learned to enjoy the irony.

guess the book, its often on lit's top 100 and is one of the most influential books of the last 5 centuries

This has to be a joke

When a YA reader tries to read out of her comfort zone and is puzzled by lack of adventure and excitement

can we retire the word Cringe already?

These days its hard to know

When someone has their head up their own ass
Why? cringe is real, just because people use it wrong does not mean we should dump the word

No. A friend of mine claims to have read it. I was talking about it with a girl that he was trying to date at the time and I guess wanted to look "well read". All he kept saying about it was that it was misogynistic and got very mad if anyone asked him which parts. This was a year ago and he still hasn't admitted he didn't read it. Still fun to mess with him about it, though.

Can't say I blame her, assays readouts are pretty boring

What book?

>wondered else where
kek

would Shiloah be a book burner?

1984 (most of these are from 1984)

>That first paragraph

The Canterbury Tales? I have a feeling it's not a novel.
Please, I have to know.

what the fuck

Hamlet? Faust? you were pretty specific with "5 centuries" and I don't see anything else on the list that it could be

What is this guy talking about? found it on Hamlet's page

>That misplaced & completely lacking in self-awareness OY GEVALT
audible kek

Do people just hate mandatory reading or what? every good work seems to have a review by some girl bitching about her school

schizophrenia

I have a first paragraph for you

I do this for a living. That graph is sexy; the replicates are tight as fuck.

>these faggots making posts without mentioning the book

Please be Fahrenheit 451

book is often named in the review. also you could ask so I don't feel like an idiot posting in an empty room. some interaction would be nice. also you could always google the text itself

You should be banned for posting these without mentioning the book. Nobody can be arsed to find the original posts on goodreads.

nope still 1984

Just stop being a total dumbass and post the name of the book. I'm not going to type out the text of the review because you can't type a word

Im trying to find a Fahrenheit 451 one but most reviews there are big headache inducing blobs

I will take that into consideration. perhaps you should contribute by posting your own findings

what is this book

also, name all books you haven't named pls

hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
tale of two cities
Hamlet
mein kampf
The prince by machiavelli

>barring a few plot suprises

Rage engaged.

It's remarkable how, despite being unrelated, there's both a phonetic and semantic similarity between pleb and plot.

>Absolutely not-this is WAY too boring. Wouldn't read it if it were the last book on Earth.
said Zack Dortches but no posts about burning it (at least I did not find any, there are tons of reviews)

How often is "nothing happens" a legit statement?

>Hope in Humanity: 0% Remaining

Holy shit Alexa, what is that a sixth grade book report?

yeah half of the reviews are always people complaining that the book was too detailed or complaining that they need someone to hold their hand. This girl took 7 years to finish a book

What Japanese works do you want me to look up

>7 years

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reviewer in Op's pic

anyone who uses gifs in their reviews can instantly be discarded as underage, retarded or both

apparently she's very popular on Goodreads

Did you expect anything different?

are ya blind, boyo? It's in the dagnabbit image.

what do you think reviewers do? drop a book if it's bad? you gotta finish that shit if it's your job.

Murakami is shit though, KotS was completely uninteresting apart from the early chapters that reported the field trip event. The most "surreal" aspect of the book was the prostitute who was also a philosophy student.

>alas, Mandingo. He was a fellow of infinite pipe.

Oh look a dumb frog poster.

TIME TO THROW A LE EPIC FIT AT LE NORMIES WITH MY LE FELLOW ARTISTIC GENTLEMEN

I knew a guy that seriously called it The Count of Monte Crisco

>I'm being more mature than the others

pick up that spaghetti

>seriously thinking normies dont make fun of you when you walk around with a copy of Phänomenologie des Geistes and fake reading it

learn to have some fun, user.

>The Count of Monte Crisco

any readers of The Wasp Factory can confirm?

Which one of these are you?

Here we have a triple threat
1. read to me mommy
2. not muh waifu
3. it was good but I will give it 1 star