Lucid Dreaming

What are some helpful tips for a successful lucid dream?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDX8QrcDI_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=mDX8QrcDI_o

need headphones best if they have 7.1

Have you had a lucid dream before, or are you trying to practice consistency and their vividness?

Apple juice.

I've had very vivid dreams from listening to the binaural beats, however I want to be able to control the dreams

>7.1 headphones
Garbage.

>Lucid Dreaming
>It's just regular dreaming where you trick your brain into telling you a posteriori that you totally had free will

End this "Lucid Dreaming" meme.

I think lucid dreaming is just being conscious or aware you're in a dream. Keeping that thought that you're in a dream in your head, with no short term memory, is difficult to do.

But you're right about dream control. I'm not sure you're every truly in control, but rather you convince your subconscious to give you control. the methods of convincing your subconscious vary but the results are the same.

Do a ton of shrooms

>Its just regular wakefulness where you trick your brain into telling you a posteriori that you totally had free will

This could happen, there are different degrees of lucidity.
Think of imagining something very vividly.
While doing so in the morning you might slip directly into a dream i.e. a somewhat controlled hallucination.
Sometimes you have control over your actions.
Sometimes over the dream as well.
It's something you have to experience.

>go to bed
>close your eyes
>keep your mind awake, keeping thinking
>>dont scratch any itches under any circumstance
>stay perfectly still
>stay awake with eyes closed
>you will get to a point when you feel like if you wanted to move your arms, it would be tough to do
>dont worry about shallow breathe, it might feel like you can hardly breathe
>just keep awake and focused on the flow of mental images

>if you're lucky that night, you can mold the images and begin to be surrounded by the mental images
>if you're unlucky, you'll wake up with no memory of dreaming

Also, most drugs will interfere. If you drink, smoke pot, have prescriptions or even have an unbalance in electrolytes, you wont lucid dream.

When you lucid dream in the morning you jump directly into the dream.
You *feel* your body being pulled there.
There is no interruption in consciousness.
The problem is keeping control from there on since parts of you brain shut down.

Alright, what you want to do is get into a wake induced lucid dream first. It's important to know what a lucid dream feels like before you can practice control and etc.

Wake induced lucid dreams basically involve falling asleep while remaining slightly conscious. You can do this easiest by setting an alarm, about 5-6 hours after you fall asleep, when you get up to take a piss, or those times when you wake up in the morning only to fall asleep instantly for an hour or two.

So when you're awake at one of these times, the next step is to fall asleep while maintaining consciousness. There's a lot of ways to do it, like , but the best way imo that has worked for a lot of my friends is to wiggle your index and middle finger continuously but slowly while laying down in your usual sleeping position. You kind of only want to feel like you're wiggling them -they shouldnt actually physically move at all. This basically gives you something to focus on while you fall asleep -you shouldn't be thinking at all.

If it works, you'll recognise it within 30 seconds of wiggling your fingers. What should happen is a transition into a dream state. This can involve a variety of stimuli, most commonly including bright flashing lights, sounds of machinery or falling through your bed. Either way there's no missing it.

If it doesn't work, you'll either fall asleep without any memory of a dream or whatever, or just lay there wiggling your fingers like a dumbass. In this case just go back to sleep and try another time. I'd say it's about a 50℅ chance to work, but it depends a lot on stuff like being too excited, too tired or you woke up in the wrong part of your sleep cycle.

Once you get into a dream, chances are you'll shit yourself and last 10 seconds before waking up. The trick to staying in a dream is being not too alert but also not too unfocused. But that's a whole other Ball Game you get into after you have your first lucid dream.

The one thing you should keep in mind though is a reality check - basically a test you perform in a dream to check if you're dreaming. Best one by far is to cover your mouth and nose with your hands and try to breathe. If you do breathe you'll snap to lucidity, it's kind of hard to explain. But it's super important and should be the first thing you do if you get into a dream from the finger wiggling (something that can happen is you'll transition into the dream, but find yourself in your bed. Then you'll think it failed, but in actual fact you're in a dream. That's why doing a reality check is essential.)

Anyway that's about it for the cheapest way to get into a lucid dream. If you want to learn how to get them without all the prep you have to do all the dream diary and reality checking shit. I personally don't bother because I have a tendency to question my surroundings, so I get 2-3 lucid dreams a week without trying.

Good luck, you'll probably get it within a couple days. It's the sickest experience ever.

>sickest experience ever.
WILD is fun

I wouldn't call it the sickest experience ever though.

I meant lucid dreaming in general, but there's a certain charm to feeling like you're about to be crushed by an oncoming train during the transition to a dream.

Visualize your astral body pulling a rope out of your body.

Ive done the wiggling fingers thing and astral projected, but i think astral projection is nothing more than a lucid dream where your imagination just isnt creative. All your imagination can produce is your room or other sites youve been to already.

Are we talking about AP or LD here?

The falling through your bed is what happens to me when I AP, totally different feeling.

Stimulate your brain by electric current.