I still don't get it

I still don't get it

kys

you are the black dot
you are smart
you consider your options
you recognize the flaw in all of them (the fatal flaw, that precludes you from doing it)
in inaction, you commit the worst flaw of all

don is the red dot
he does not consider his options
he refuses to see the flaw in his actions
in action, he is cleansed of all sin

Thx

wtf is this nonsense

Forget the "dot" shit. Go read a bunch of medieval chivalric high romances (the stuff that sends old Don round the bend and unable to deal with the prosaic non-heroic reality he lives in). If you have time, read Amadís de Gaula, Orlando innamorato & Orlando furioso, Apuleius's The Golden Ass, etc.

is cervantez the tarantino of literature

dude inns and chastity lmao

Pretty much. He's a top 10 in every category of storytelling. Cervantes deserves more credit for his talents. But just like Tarantino he receives unwarranted hate.

The moral of Don Quixote is just b urself :^)

FIRST MODERN NOVEL

>Dad, you can't revenge on animals. That's the point of Moby Dick.
>Lisa, the point of Moby Dick is be yourself.

>tfw slowly becoming Don Quixote

feels pretty good desu

for what purpose

Because those are works Cervantes is responding to, references in the text, and has fun dismantling. Without some basis in the "days of yore" chivalric shit that was so popular in his day, it's like trying to enjoy Kill Bill if you've never seen a Western, old kung-fu films, or anything else he's playing with.

do people who are reading Don Quixote for the first time and make threads like this one actually get the full book, part 1 and 2?
if it doesnt end with Quixote dying, it is only the first part.

Orlando Furioso is actually pretty good.

But the book is much more than muh satire

Of course, but if you have no idea how chivalry was viewed in Cervantes' day, you can't get any further.

what about the green light

spoiler alert

And as I sat there brooding on the old, unknown world, I thought of Gatsby’s wonder when he first picked out the green light at the end of Daisy’s dock. He had come a long way to this blue lawn, and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was just Green Lantern, charging up his ring after porking Daisy, before flying off somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond the city, where the dark fields of the republic rolled on under the night.

Lots of people enjoy Kill Bill without reading those

Yes, and they miss tons of stuff. You can enjoy most works without context or sources, but that doesn't mean you have a decent understanding of them. There's nothing democratic about literature.