How to remember shit

Why can't I recall material that I've learned in previous years. All my knowledge after Calculus 1 often falters, and even though I excelled in classes like multivariable calculus I can't do a surface integral if I was asked to now. Is there any way to remember material I've learned?

What's your job, user?

You know that you will forget your shit if you don't use it daily right?

think it really depends on why you want to remember, and given that, thats probably the answer to why you forget.

I'm still an undergrad, but I often see people here on Veeky Forums and some of my professors in college talk about various math topics with ease, and sometimes I'm saddened that I've forgot so much. Am I setting too high of an expectation with myself for wanted to retain all I've ever learned?

cuts you´re retarded senpai.

Just re-read quickly again and do some practice as well by creating world problems yourself

Also sleep more, don't drink alcohol or smoke, do some excercise and take a multivitamin
Don't fall for the drug meme

desu that wont work.

It does, try it

what's the drug meme?

amphetamines, coke and LSD

Psychedelics aren't a meme unless you're taking them for some retarded reason.

- Get a good nights sleep every night
- Eat breakfast, every morning
- Take Ginkgo supplements

Think of the long term effects though

Also drugs have changed as well, i remember like a week ago an user almost died for taking amphetamines @ Veeky Forums and was celebrating his 1st anniversary of that day and improved himself and became more Veeky Forums

cmon user
just read up on memory techniques. they take a little work, but spares you like 100 hours of studying. Highly recommend. 1h studying for 20h of coursework is amazing.

any recommendations

>Good night sleep, every night.
>Whilst in college.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fuck u user. =(

elaborate

normalfag pls go

My favorite pastime is to get so blown I lose my brain and then learn math. Highly recommend, I enjoy the heightened interpersonal awareness. Really makes Math less of a dry subject when you can be retarded in your own home and make mistakes, so long as you correct them and do better. Try making what your reading more wild and "stickier" with your imagination. You might end up surprised with what you remember/correlate. Again figure your own body out and what works for you, you beta retard milquetoast piece of Nazi shit German guilt fag homo horse cock looking lazy non- self aware faggot.

Those people know all of that stuff because they've been exposed to those same concepts over and over again in different contexts throughout their careers. I highly doubt they explicitly memorized every topic from their Calc 1 course. If doing surface integrals isn't an elementary tool that you use fairly often (like basic algebra probably is to you right now) then you will forget how to do a surface integral. The concepts from calculus pop up all over mathematics and become vastly generalized, so if you continue to learn mathematics, you will have plenty of time to become acquainted with these concepts.

This. I get high and love learning about shit I already know. Have to find new sources of the same material. Such deep insights.

You forget everything unless you have a very good memory.

You need to refresh your memory through repetition. If you really try you'll be able to retain all of your knowledge.

inject baby blood into your bloodstream

Sure.

2 The ones i use, and memory professionals is visualization, movement, and associations.
Visualization is usually making a visual representation of a place where you can move around, a memory palace so to speak. This can be created purely from images in your mind or you can use places you are familiar with, your school or your home. Here you can place things with your mind, items or symbols in different places to make it a lot easier to recall. This makes it even possible to recall positions, which comes first and so forth.
I made one myself from this, which is usually like a dance, where you visualize and mind "pretend" to dance and make things you wish to create, or paint, or my favorite, i imagine myself reading, which make me able to recall formulas like i was reading. I dont know entirely how it works, my mind is total garbage at recall but if i wish to remember something ill never forget.

So, visualization is important.
Movement makes it thousand times more effective, always use movement in visualization.
Usually you want to use somewhere familiar, your home or school or so.
You must place the items in the order you wish for them to be.
You can use associations like people for names, or symbols or items for items.
This memory technique is usually pretty tolling compared to reading so expect to get intensely tired.
Super TLDR: visualization, movement, familiarity, associations, symbol dictionary as-well.

Your mind is unlimited, you can use it in any way you want as it never forgets. Therefor you can make obscure math symbols into more visual graphic images in your head (clinton shitting on bill) the more graphic the better, you dont even speak of it so it is limited only to your mind. The operators can be dimensional, upwards, downwards, forwards, it all depends on your mind. You should become familiar with how your mind works, associations, visualizations etc.

I imagine my mind as a mental field which contains the information of concepts.

There is a physical shape to the concepts I possess. For instance molecular biology is organized into dna transcription and translation, protein packaging, RNA splicing, etc... Under transcription I have several concepts imagined as seperate circles.

Kind of like what you are talking about.

I then imagine the concepts being enlivened by imagination, like being projected on a screen.

What are your thoughts on the Uberman schedule? Is it dangerous? If yes, how much? I want to try it out so i can have more time for studying and hobbies.

I'm too tired (ironically enough) to go into detail but it does not agree with our basic physiology and circadian rhythm.

You might be able to adjust to it and live somewhat normally but I would postulate that you would have emotional disturbances and difficulty thinking/staying focused

Same boat user but in biology. I aced my exams regarding metabolism and digestion of fats, cholesterol, and protein in undergrad but now that I'm in my first semester of a health science professional program my mind went blank when those topics were revisited.

Also
>take exam on top 100 drugs dispensed in the US
>1 question per drug so 100 questions total
>have to know 9 different categories of information per drug so prepare for 900 different questions
>do pretty good on practice quizzes, make excel sheet all organized and whatnot
>take exam
>mind goes blank
>fail it (58%)
>class average is 83%
>everyone who didn't get at least 70% has to remediate over winter break
>professor sends out email to class saying a lot of students have contacted them about remediation
>heard through the grapevine that if more than 10 students fail they exam, the remediation requirement may get tossed out and just have the students keep their failing exam grades mixed in with the other possible points for the class

The exam was legit rote memorization with no rhyme or reason since a lot of the material won't even be explained until classes taken in the third year of the program. Some of my peers said they memorized how many options to select for certain medications without actually understanding the answer and I feel that just doesn't benefit them in the long run.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, OP, but I feel like an utter waste because I can't remember jack shit anymore.

Sleep regularly.
Avoid drinking, smoking and drugs. You don't really need them anyway.

This. Your brain needs to go through multiple stages of sleep in order to have an effective "amount of sleep." An analogy often used is you can't bake a cake for 5 minutes. Take it out the oven. Let it cool. Then bake it again for another 5 for (however long it takes to bake a fucking cake). And expect the cake to be fully baked.

Spaced repetition. That's all.