Procrastination

What's the science behind procrastination? How do I make myself stop?

Other urls found in this thread:

palousemindfulness.com/
scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=mindfulness executive function &btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5.
zenhabits.net/procrastination-fears/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

executive dysfunctrion and anxiety.

work on anxiety, do exercise, try to structure your life more and analyze your habits so you can do so better, do meditation and n-back training.

you could say in a vague way, lack of ability to hold long term goals but then... you knew that already. motivational partly as well which i dont know anything about. try religion. loving kindness meditation ive heard works.

This,

Make a list of very simple things you'd like to do that day, start with the very basic things first: breakfast, lunch, dinner, exercise, fap, etc. then once you're familiar with that routine add more. Don't try to just jump into the schedule of a Fortune 500 CEO, you'll burn out.

Ya, anxiety pretty much sums it up. What you thought you were just a clever badass staying up all night cramming? No, that's the crest of your anxiety and then when you get home from your exam and crash, you're falling back down for the next trough to come along.

like said before, meditation can be good. just dont expect too much but 5 minutes a day and increase gradually doesnt hurt and learning about it. paloose mindfulness or somin search that they do a course but id say just do 5 minutes and increase when want but the website has good information and youtube videos and exercises that you can be creative with.

palousemindfulness.com/

Meditation and mindfulness is a meme. Don't listen to those guys.

Shill.

i will literally leave you with this scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=mindfulness executive function &btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5.

ive given you the search words and you can limit the years in which you want to search and judge for yourself the evidence.

then i'm going to say ...

what the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums spouting out shit when everyone here knows that you definitely havent looked at the evidence which classifies you as a religious fundamentalist. ofcoourse im joking but in all seriousness, if you're not going to look at and evaluate evidence and just rely on memes (and call things memes) then just fuck off.

go on big boy. you can give yourself a reach around as you walk out.

fuck off.

No, it's very powerful. You probably have a lot of shit in your closet you want to hide from and you saw a glimpse of it when you tried meditating for like 20 seconds.

come on big boy

>big boy
You have 69 seconds to convince me that your hipster bastardization of Buddhist philosophy is at all worth paying attention to beyond "lol it's good because it's not Western xD all these (((scientists))) say so!"

>girl

It allows parts of your mind to think again. You start to recall your past and put it into perspective. If you've been lying to yourself for years about things, you will realize it through meditation.

tiny dick, i just sent a link which you can use to look up articles. and thats me being non-biased.. if you care about it so much, you'll look. if you don't, then why should anyone use your opinion.

your choice big boy/tiny dick.

you a big boy?

i dont wanna put a guy down on my team but i do have to say, that what he said is not seen as a part of why meditation is good for you or even what meditation is. ive not seen any meditation that lets you do that kind of stuff.

I've read Kava has good results for treating anxiety, which seems to be a big component of procrastination. The only thing is long-term results haven't been researched well enough and if you're taking it every day during the semester who knows what the consequences could be.

Sure, taking benzos has its long-term effects too but since they're better researched they're going to be recommended over a natural supplement that doesn't have enough research behind it.

You need to have one unreachable goal and procrastinate by doing something reachable and useful..

Try this.

zenhabits.net/procrastination-fears/

Procrastination is often grounded in fear.

>Or is it that you fail or do badly at things in general?
I'm usually really optimistic towards others but always think of myself in a pessimistic way. I know through past performances that I rarely fail but this semester I've actually failed a few exams (out of 25 or so) so now I feel like a failure in general. I procrastinated super hard today while trying to study for finals because I'm so scared of failing them and having to remediate over winter break that I'd just rather avoid the situation all together. This article gave me some good tips and I think they'll really help next semester if not this week.

What really helped me was that book Feeling Good. Its for depression but there's a chapter for procrastination and I read only that. Its great read just that chapter if not the whole book
bookzz (dot) org

Good luck. We're all gonna make it.