Grammar help

Would it be grammatically correct to, in a very smartass way, reply with my age to the question "How are you?"?

Is there a difference between "I am fine" and "I am 22"?

Yes, "I am 22." is grammatically correct.

are you european? This wouldn't work.

>Is there a difference between "I am fine" and "I am 22"?
Are you autistic?

English

No, just wondering since age is expressed as a state of being, just as the state of being fine

>anime girl in OP pic
why are you even asking?

It's grammatically fine, but it requires additional context to be a meaningful answer to the question. Examples: you want to draw attention to a recent birthday; or to suggest the effects of aging as a topic for discussion.

I think I know what you mean. There is a grammatical difference between I+adjective and I+place, time, quantity, name, etc. I don't know what this is called in English.

"I am 22" in answer to "how old are you?" does not make sense though.

>Would it be grammatically correct to, in a very smartass way, reply with my age to the question "How are you?"?
No, it wouldn't. "How are you?" means "How are you doing?"

In English we often shorten phrases because we all have shit to do

and this is what pseudosmart looks like

this

He implied that he was willfully ignoring any potentially elided words in order to be a smartass. In any case, "correct" grammar isn't always necessary in conversation, as meaning can be negotiated over time.

Is this thread full of autists or what?

Yes OP, that could easily work if for instance you're implying that you're not actually fine because you are, say, 22, and that age comes with a lot of responsibility or some shit.

Just on the surface, no, it would make no sense to reply that way, but if there was some intended meaning behind it, the person talking to you would understand most likely.

No. I'm instantly picturing a loser in a hoody who thinks he is witty when he is not, someone like andrew from chronicle. if that is the character you are going for then do it

He'd have to say "No, I am 22" for that to make sense to anyone.
Being witty is just seen as being weird if no one gets it.

Technically speaking, it would be within grammar constraints, seeing as both are adjectives.

However, if you were to reply like that, I'd imagine you getting a few confused looks.

>for instance you're implying that you're not actually fine because you are, say, 22, and that age comes with a lot of responsibility or some shit.
yep def sounds like something a teen idiot would say, its one step away from primo jaden

you sound like me, OP - intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

Not OP. I have a different question. What is the correct way to ask about the chronological rank of something?

i.e. Q:?
A:The Two Towers is the second book of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

or
A: Abraham Lincoln is the 16th president of USA.

Q: Which part of the LOTR trilogy is The Two Towers?
Q: Which president of the U.S. was Lincoln?
But there are many other options.

No.
People are saying yes only because both are adjectives, but this is bad reasoning. That question asks for a very specific kind of adjective, otherwise you could answer "I am X" where X could be all sorts of ridiculous things, e.g. "I am red", "I am single", "I am existing", "I am interesting", "I am American", etc.

"I am seated in an office, surrounded by heads and bodies."