Nietschze

What's his end goal? His philosophy basically boils down to "give your own life your own meaning", which basically means that you should just keep lying to yourself. There is no rationality in his theory, why is he even considered a philosopher? More like a jackass.

6/10

What is the meaning behind this symbolism?

He despised rationality.
Philosophy does not necessarily have anything to do with the rational.

But philosophy literally means love of wisdom, and wisdom means "Capacity of judging rightly in matters relating to life and conduct", and to judge rightly one has to be rational.

Only two things, slave morality and eternal recurrence

OP next time you try to troll, be more subtle than "why is he considered a philosopher" and "more like a jackass"

Eternal recurrence is logically impossible.

the main goal of his philosophy was to gas all of the Jews and put women back in the kitchen.

It's not a troll, he really was a jackass.

“I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against shitposting. I do not want to shitpost; I do not even want to shitpost against those who shitpost. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer. Fuck you, OP.” ~ Nietzsche

I currently read his works and sometimes I get pissed off, especially his saying in one of his books: "It's better to be in hands of a murderer than in the dreams of a prurient woman"
That exactly saying contradicts his lifestyle considering he had a lot of women. Sometimes it seems to me that he just wrote to write, mostly to show off his extraordinary quaint writing style. However I really liked his Antichrist and Zarathustra and I'm gonna continue reading his works.

naw

yea. The existence of humans itself, the center of the universe, is fragile. The universe is expanding like a balloon that will finally explode.

recurrence is greater than the universe or human history, beyond all that is just the simple idea of what will occurred has occurred and what has will

>His philosophy basically boils down to "give your own life your own meaning"
it's a rank ordering of morality, if anything it means "some superhuman is going to come along and tell the herd what to do"

He considers the superhumans as those who give their lives their own meaning. So superhumans are the those who scam themselves.

so many spooks in one sentence

>considering he had a lot of women.

It's unlikely he had more than 3 desu, and he technically didn't 'have' any of them.

He was arguably cucked into an early grave by Salomé.

no he believes that the only ones capable of giving their lives their own meaning are an entirely separate group of people from the mass with different psychological traits that are for all we know inborn

>He despised rationality.
He didin't, though. More like it's not the most important thing ever, which it is what was happening around in his time. That's the meaning of 'God is dead, and we've killed him!' meme. But rationality for N. is important in its own sake, so it is instincts.

His goal was to counterpoint everything that makes one weak. I suggest you read Lowith's From Hegel to Nietzsche.

>That's the meaning of 'God is dead, and we've killed him!' meme

You don't know what you're talking about.

What is it, then?

seriously read nietzsche before you start a topic on him

>He thinks science is logic

And the psychological trait is the ability to lie to oneself that life has a meaning, even though he knows that the meaning is artificial and therefore vanity. That doesn't refute my statement.

Spook is rational. Spook is what differs us from animals.

Logic is based on an analysis of observable facts.

the psychological traits are solitariness and an ability to ignore things

>And the psychological trait is the ability to lie to oneself that life has a meaning, even though he knows that the meaning is artificial and therefore vanity.
you're effectively saying that in order to create your own values you must be able to create your own values which is a truism

i'm going to ask again if you've actually read nietzsche outside the tvtropes article or whatever

that's wrong too

>facts

>For the production of a personality one
needs early isolation, a compUlsion to an existence of defense and combat, something like an incarceration, a greater power of
self-definition; and above all a much lower impressionability than
that of the average man, whose humanity is contagious.

idk if this is going to format well but whatever

>the psychological traits are solitariness and an ability to ignore things
To ignore is to lie to oneself.

>you're effectively saying that in order to create your own values you must be able to create your own values which is a truism
No, I'm saying that there's no reason behind creating your own values.

>i'm going to ask again if you've actually read nietzsche outside the tvtropes article or whatever
A bunch of internet articles. Based on them I don't find him worth reading.

What humans are searching and should wish to find is the unobservable fact. Truth beyond the visible. If your truth denies truth like what Nietzsche is suggesting, then it is not truth. Logic can't be wrong if a person is humble. In order to posses the true logic, someone has to accept that his mind is to weak to find this absolute truth, and that is the truth.

>To ignore is to lie to oneself.
maybe i should have ignored this lying thread
>No, I'm saying that there's no reason behind creating your own values.
then there's no reason behind starting a fucking thread
>A bunch of internet articles. Based on them I don't find him worth reading.
you're either a pseud or a troll, either way kys

>and above all a much lower impressionability than that of the average man
Weren't Nietzsche and his "Ubermensch" concept very impressionable to their own ego?

that only makes sense if the ego is separate from the man, and i don't think they are

uh, yeah, bye.

No, it makes sense. It's called being fooled by yourself.

is english your first language

are you high right now

>What's his end goal?
His goal was to philosophize and create a new world for HIS type. You'd know this if you read Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

To Nietzsche, all philosophizing is essentially an act of world-creation on the part of the philosopher. This is why he spent so much time criticizing the philosophers, as much as if not more so than criticizing the philosophies themselves, because in his eyes a philosophy is a world doctrine that is only as valuable as its creator. And he came to understand the philosophies very well once he understood the people behind them; deceptive, sickly, bitter, stubborn, foolish people always output deceptive, sickly, bitter, stubborn, foolish philosophies.

>There is no rationality in his theory
So wrong it hurts. There is more rationality in Nietzsche than any other philosopher, because he has a deeper insight into himself and the world then practically all of them.

>His goal was to philosophize and create a new world for HIS type.
So he creates a bubble for his ego.

>all philosophizing is essentially an act of world-creation on the part of the philosopher
But some philosophers just want to unveil the secrets of the world, not live in a vacuum and create their own world.

>So he creates a bubble for his ego.
It's what everyone does.

>But some philosophers just want to unveil the secrets of the world
Naive misunderstanding of themselves and the processes they are undergoing.