Why aren't you studying machine learning and AI?

Why aren't you studying machine learning and AI?

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/abs/1607.06520
arxiv.org/abs/1606.06121
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"AI" is codeword for "I'm stuck in the 1920's". Only DL and RL are worth studying nowadays. Shitloads of SJWs everywhere, though, not sure if it'll still be science by next decade.

When will AI be able to improve upon itself?

traditional AI is pretty fucking interesting, ML gets boring after a while though

How the fuck is traditional AI interesting lmao nigga you don't know shit about what you're talking about.

ML is just a buzzword for statistics.

Because it's a meme that doesn't resemble what Hollywood makes it out to be.

Don't we all?

Because I'm going to be busy studying time series for now.

My school has a lot of ML and AI research going on. Most of it is to work on cancer, though. Nothing to do with SJW shit.

Medical research using ML isn't very fun at all right now, even though so much could be done.
SJW-related: look at the whole of ACL, or WiML (and a lot of other shit associated with NIPS in general), and papers published paper that are literally about word vectors being "blatantly sexist".

I'll admit that while its good research to be doing, the medical stuff just doesn't interest me. I may end up working on it part time next year, though. I hope I can find some pleasure in it.

The SJW stuff sounds fucking hilarious. I'm gonna search for some of those papers. Post em if ya got em ;)

See arxiv.org/abs/1607.06520 and arxiv.org/abs/1606.06121 for example. One of the authors seems new, another seems pretty retarded but otherwise serious, and the others seem very competent, too, from a quick glance at their other papers.

isn't ML the first step of AI? don't know too much about this area but AI will most likely be based off neural networks

this is amazing

what the fuck where these people even thinking

No. Search algorithms are the first step of AI.

I ask myself that every night after a hard day of trying to improve dialogue systems.

Weren't early CAS the first step of AI?

One thing's certain: you're the first step to HS (human stupidity).

>traditional AI is pretty fucking interesting, ML gets boring after a while though

"traditional AI" is literally just like path finding and shit. Are you just trying to be edgy or something?

Not OP. Automated planning / reasoning are traditional AI things that I think are pretty cool. Trivializing it as pathfinding is disingenuous.