What are your study habits?

What are your study habits?

>he needs to study

I do the coursework and then later brush up on any topics that I didn't understand completely.

Sums up what I do pretty well.

However, I also do study groups once a month for my upper-div courses and then study hard for finals week. Maintaining a 4.0 in my undergrad. Definitely an over-achiever and half-brainlet.

What's your major?

Before class, skim the relevant chapter.

Take notes with a wide margin in class ( even things that I know probably aren't important ).

After class, same day, review notes and make a 2nd one that condenses them down, removing chaff and whatever.

Then, do some of the relevant exercises, and read the chapter in-depth for anything I'm even moderately unsure about

Can you explain to me what you guys do in study groups?

Coming from a community college, whenever we did one there it would just devolve into a hangout session. You mention it's once a month so I'm assuming it's rather long and in-depth?

How do you get people to participate in study groups? People in my classes seem a bit too aloof for me to even ask

Mech Eng

I'm in my junior year and have had friends that I met freshman year. We are all pretty focused on understanding the coursework and always take the same courses.

With that being said, there are 4 of us in total. We just re-write and organize our lecture notes and then do practice problems based on what we learned. We do this for any course we have. Then after, we usually we invite a ton of people over and have a party. It's become tradition.

Just got lucky with a solid group. None of them are socially awkward and all have high standards for their own grades.

>study groups

I have autism. This is not an option for me.

I realized I wasn't happy with what I was studying (biology) and switched into Biomedical Engineering. The difference in studying for a Biology final and ChemE or BiomE final is immense.

What is your advice in studying for Engineering finals in general? Practice problems? Focusing on understanding the deeper concepts? Focusing on conceptualizing the questions?

Thanks user.

That sounds based as fuck, user.

I have a girl I study with for Ochem. I've been trying to keep up with her, but she kicks my ass. She got an A+ in Ochem 1, and I got a B+. Hurts me to say it, but I think I need to start asking her for study habit advice. I aced Gen Chem, so I must've just been too cocky

Stay 1 day ahead of schedule, go in depth on that said lecture after the day we discuss it

Of course this gets fucked up when midterms come up but whatever

Just do EVERYTHING you can. Just understand that a full understanding is possible in a semester.

Do it. Fuck her too.

study break is for study, the rest of the semester is for watching hentai and leveling up my autism

too irregular to call it a habit.

>Just got lucky with a solid group. None of them are socially awkward and all have high standards for their own grades.

Nice, I hope I get lucky in the future and meet some people like that

>We do this for any course we have. Then after, we usually we invite a ton of people over and have a party. It's become tradition.

That sounds like a lot of fun and what college is supposed to be like

I usually slack off, get behind, then only end up doing real learning the days before an exam. So far getting about a 3.97 but I'm only in second year.

This semester, I feel as if I left all my exams feeling confident that I aced them only to get about 85%. It's really retarded... I've been performing very badly this semester and it's really frustrating. I need to get over 95% on all my exams to ensure I get the marks I want but I actually feel like I'm retarded. It takes me so long to learn... I shouldn't be studying 20+ hours for an exam only to get a mid 80. I feel like I'm doing something very, very wrong and I'm being incredibly inefficient with my time. I also feel like I don't know how to focus; I get distracted very often. I'm sure that I could be much more efficient if I focsued better.

only correct answer in this thread

>tfw start getting anxious/scared and never look at books and notes

Early and often. Naps in the afternoon. And be in bed before midnight.

CALCULUS FINALS TOMORROW
Didn't study at all and am still procrastinating

work hard supplemented w/ play hard

Don't worry just make a thread asking how you can learn the entire subject in 1 hour

Just procrastinate all the semester. Only start to study one week before exams.

put it off until it's almost too late

>read textbook chapter
>summarize sections & diagrams in writing
>do practice problems
>take a dump
repeat until fatigue sets in

>also do a lot of dip and drink sips to keep me alert

biochemistry and chemistry double major

Use spaced repetition. It helps.