How do i stop being a brainlet?

How do i stop being a brainlet?

studying

You have to make knowledge your hobby. It's like a fire under your belly. Suddenly school isn't just work, but it's your life. Knowledge isn't just something you use to pass tests it's something you internalize and apply. When you find that fire suddenly you'll find yourself reading books on mathematics, not because you need to, but because you want to. You want to internalize the information and use it for your research or for something you're making, or to discover an application for it. Or to simplify a problem you've encountered.

Until learning becomes an insatiable hunger for you you'll always be a brainlet.

What books would you recommend? I was thinking about buying pic related but im not sure if its a good deal

Just be yourself

not OP but I found this very insightful. Thanks

start with the greeks

>Just be yourself

So much this.

>understand antiderivatives
>can't do integration by parts/trig substitution
>can't do linearization for shit
>can't do related rates for shit

what the fuck is the volume of a trapehedron?

>How do i stop being a brainlet?

spending any time reading this website hurts your chances of not being brainlet.

First, you have to overcome your internet/gaming addiction.

easy to say

Stick to Veeky Forums and /x/.

Forget /pol/

Try /tv/

I mean do you want to build hobby projects or get smart. Those are two separate things for the most part.

Get smart, but i also want to have some fun by applying my knowledge

Just BE smart! It's so easy!

It can never be fire under my belly because it always feels like a chore whenever I try to make it my whole life. My whole life becomes a chore and I want to die.

Sometimes I think you smart people were just born different.

You don't have to spend money on books, use libgen, or your library (especially if you're at university, you will be able to get a hold of useful books).

If you want to do anything which belongs on Veeky Forums, you're going to need to have basic math down. This is everything you should have learned in high school, plus at least Calculus. You can read Basic Mathematics by Lang for high school stuff, and Calculus by Stewart for Calculus. Khan academy and Paul's notes are also good supplements, but please use a textbook as your primary tool for learning.

I don't know whether or not you already know these things, but if not, start there. After that, you'll be ready to learn interesting things and stop being a brainlet.

screenshotted for posterity

Read books
Practice
Understand

>Bible
>not a single philosophical book

Learn to capitalize your I's

Philosophy is dead. Read Math Logic or MetaMathematics books instead.

Brainlet detected.

Tell me more about your feelz and how everything that contradicts them are just social constructs. It's so enlightening.

Before shitting on philosophy you should atleast have a basic understanding of it. I encourage you to start with the greeks, maybe you would learn how even as a scientist you move through philosophical systems of method and meaning.

It starts with the Greeks and ends with the Greeks. Therefore Philosophy is dead. Nothing new of value is happening.

> Nobody is thinking anything new of any value
How is science still alive?

>thinks there's intellectual value in modern continental philosophy

kek

What if intellectual value isn't objective?

Because generally, the most valuable bit of intellect is the one that no-one has

Subjectivity has limits

can you define them?

If the mind of a robot is deterministic, where will objectivity lead us?

Common sense.

To be fair i think both objectivity and subjectivity are reasonable concepts

How do you apply objectivity to something that has a mind of it's own?

What is common sense?

>Who is Kant
>Who is Leibniz
>Who is Russel

You should atleast know about these guys, little brainlet.