Real world problems

Which subject is harder to study?

General medicine?
Dental medicine?
Neuroscience?

Neuroscience
For M.D you just need to memorize

General medicine and dental medicine are two of the least intellectually demanding branches of medicine, next to psychiatry, so neuroscience wins by default.

Why are doctors so praised for their shitty title?

It's okay son, you're gonna live

MD/PhD student here with PhD in Neuroscience.
To be frank, completely different skills are required. The medicine degree is a lot more demanding though. B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Neuroscience are not especially difficult (in my university the hardest courses you have to take are actually the one you take with the med-students), and the research required for an M.Sc. is fairly small-scale. PhD is a different story.

Neuro

Shouldnt you need machine learning/neural network courses or anything of the sort?

Neuroscience should focus on understanding the mechanics and patterns that are in our brain...no?

Good salary and authority gets you all the cuties.

Who's the girl in the pic?

You don't actually have to take any if you don't want to, there are many subfields in neuroscience. For instance most of my friends work in labs dissecting mice. Personally I did take those subjects because I'm in neuroinformatics and it's quite important here.

Post-doc in neuroscience here.

If anything neuroscience is simply more diverse. It's a heterogeneous and interdisciplinary field, and in some specializations there's a lack of seminal theory. This means that many (human) neuroscience courses beyond bachelor level are focused on methods: rather than learning about the 'state' of the field, it makes more sense to learn how to go about tackling the open questions in the field.

From my personal and entirely biassed viewpoint, this makes it less hard to study. Once you've covered the basics (anatomy, physiology, etc) you learn how to approach problems and how to develop new ways of approaching problems, rather than getting drilled on a plethora of extant methodologies.

Because people associate good grades with intelligence instead of discipline.

Or perhaps people find discipline more praise-worthy than intelligence

Curious,

How much of a neuroscience degree is memorization vs actual thinking and solving novelty problems on exams?

Which degree? For PhD it's obviously all thinking and doing research like any other PhD

BS

Sorry for the earlier reply, in my country it's only called B.Sc.
B.Sc. degrees in Neuroscience are really different between the different universities. It's a multidisciplinary field, and some universities won't even bother offering a B.Sc. in it. Most degrees are generally focused on Biology/Biochemistry and Physiology/Anatomy/Pathology with some Psychology thrown in. There are usually also courses on Mathematics, Physics and even programming (mostly for modelling). Most of the first courses are mostly about memorization and understanding of principles.
In my university you have to do it as a dual degree with Physics/Biology/Computer Science/Psychology/Linguistics/Math/Statistics (other degrees can work too), and then depending on the research field you are interested in, they let you take a few months of "boot camp" where you learn relevant parts you didn't study.

Excellent and very thorough reply. Thank you very much user and wish you the best of luck

not OP but interested in getting my masters in neuroscience. I'm currently getting my BA in biology. Should I switch it to BS if I want to go that road? I'm already pretty behind because I wasted away two years at a shitty community college but I'll probably graduate next fall (5.5 years total). Stick with the BA or spend the extra time on the BS?

For depth Neuroscience
For amount General medicine
Dental medicine should be on the same level as a swimming degree.

This