Hey sci. just saw a trailer for this movie and looked it up on wikipedia...

hey sci. just saw a trailer for this movie and looked it up on wikipedia. its called Hidden Figures about some black women who were critical to getting us to the moon for were covered up because society wasn't ready for them.

why haven't they won the nobel prize or something? these women were literally human computers. HUMAN COMPUTERS. not even Einstein was that good at math and he invented e=mc2

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WE

Being able to compute lots of shit at the same time doesn't make you intelligent, only smart. They have only applied things other people found out thus they could have never win the Nobel prize. But I wouldn't mind to be as fast as they were. Also: WE WUZ PHYSICISTS AND SHITZ

user. these women made the calculations to get us into space and did it accurately. the nazis couldn't even aim a v-2 straight in world war.

they did this all without calculators. they were the calculators! And they weren't recognized at all. i know black education is bad now but what happened?! i can barely add multi digit numbers up in my head and these women were crunching numbers as far as space.

come on. take that to /pol/. seriously, with such a lack of black scientists known about, why aren't we talking about the achievements of these three women?

Cuck

They were human computers but not mathematicians.

What you say is like me saying that wolframalpha.com deserves a fields medal.

You also claim that they were hidden but listen me boy, remember again that they were the computers.

If I ever publish an important paper in number theory and I just happened to use wolframalpha to compute the series or do some other calculations you better fucking believe I am not going to mention any of that shit in my paper.

I would say: I did the calculations all by hand with my superior IQ, I don't even know how to use computers lol. Computers are for brainlets.

So the same thing happened there.

but we are. there making a movie about it

WUZ

/pol/ here. I guess no one unironically gives a fuck to this. Who cares if backs accomplish something? Only retarded Americans that believe America should be a white country (because it never was. It's a country of immigrants). So I just like to watch them cry while I'm comfy on my European country with only 0.3% Muslims.

See this

This movie is not made to show their achievements, it's made as a political statement that muh black women saved us.

Pic related the real Katherine Johnson, not the sassy black thing they portrayed in the movie.

Looks based. Nice digits btw.

God I know this is bait but I can't stop myself.

The equations for the Lunar missions were already known and simplified as best they could be by the (Fucking) white male scientists.

However, if any of you brainlets understood space mechanics you would know that the principal equations of motion do not have a closed for solution, therefore it is necessary to use numerical integration, linearization and approximation to find a numerical solution to these problems. Nowadays we use programs like MATLAB to solve this. The computer program can find the solution is seconds after running millions of calculations. In the 60's they didn't have MATLAB, but they did have slide rules, paper and black women, who were cheap cause you didn't need to pay them as much as a man or whity.

So basically the real scientist handed off the busy work to cheap labor. Yes they were important but they did not design the mission and did not do massive calculations in their head that the ebil whyte sycentists couldn't figure out.

Also, black? Really pic related
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson

KANGS

Lol a blue eyed "black". The full blooded Negro actresses they hired would never be able to do even the Excel-tier work she did.

MYTH BUSTED

i kinda see where your coming from but how could they calculate the stuff if they didn't understand it? I'm not a math guy but isn't that just like steve jobs coming up with the idea for the ipad and telling others to go off and make it and then taking all the credit?

also there were darker women though and some women get ligher skin with age as you can see herevs

>blue eyed black
kill urself. pic related.

Yeah, he's not black you moron. He's mixed race.

>Michael-Ealy
whatever those beside the point and it doesn't answer the question

These girls weren't even black in real life.

shitskin

>black
Aight mate :^)

They did not accomplish anything though. There were probably hundreds of more accomplished white workers at NASA at the time. This movie is just (((propaganda))) to make white people think it's ok to mix races with blacks.

Because they made the calculations. The calculations
The calculations. The calculations.

Now, does that compare to the work of, y'know, actually deriving the needed equations from other systems and adjusting and monitoring everything in the actual trip?

This. They were basically the equivalent of grad student slaves that do all the middling shit that the PIs couldn't be bothered by.

/pol/ getting butt mad over a movie appreciating the role of blacks in NASA, and don't forget that the movie was made by jews. Jews > Asians > Whites, if /pol/ taught me anything.

My grandmother is black all the way down and has blue eyes, user.

Even if they did nobody should give a fuck. But it's sad their using this as propaganda for their leftist shit. And at least one of the girls is white.

what about between her pussy lips?

she has vertigo you fuck,,, just like michael jordan

it turned her skin white and her eyes from brown to light hazel

its a pigmy disorder

Looks much better now m8. She was so smart her skin turned white.

>human computers

You mean autistic

Algorithms were originally intended for people. Give them a list of tedious steps and the numbers to use them on and they'd calculate the factorial of 1000

black people aren't portrayed as crack smoking ape people in the popular media for a change

it's literally anudda shoah

Terrible. Practice some more.

WE

I for one am alright with this movie, maybe it'll encourage more of the black youth to do something with their lives

>Did they discover the formulae they were plugging?
No.
>Did they LITERALLY just plug values and calculate results?
Yes.
>Isn't that what a computer does nowadays?
Yes.
>TL;DR:
They aren't anything special, they were used as calculators.

WUZ

COMPUTERS AND SHIEEEET

This.

/thread