Jerusalem certifies Alan Moore

as the greatest living English Writer, and one of the greatest writers of all time

its the Ulysses of our generation

The best thing he's done is endorse The Vorrh

holy fuck
stallman really abandoned himself

kek'd

>the Ulysses of our generation
that's not saying much though desu

I'd rather read the Ulysses of Joyce's generation.

Is The Vorrh any good? I'm intrigued by the description but I'm afraid it'll be genre crap.

McElroy's still alive you stupid monkey.

barely

It's brilliant until the end, but that's only because the first 4th of the book is so packed with plot and amazing imagery that the end can't live up to the mainbody of the work.

Everything until that part is gorgeous and satisfying though. I'll never forget shooting the horse on camera and Roussel's arc.

*3/4ths of the book

anyone that tells you this book is good came from /co/

False. Source: I've never been there, and it's still pretty enjoyable if not necessarily the "next Joyce".

/co/ doesn't read, Dumas. Neither do you though, so why complain

The English sure are desperate for some modicum of literary relevance, aren't they?

Is he Jewish?

Yeah. Have you already typed up your next formal letter of complaint for when the Nobel prize isn't given to a US author?

/co/ doesn't read comics, nevermind books.

>The English as a group are pushing Jerusalem.

Jerusalem thread with some actual discussion:

Uh no. The mental assurance that our "greatest living author" isn't a capeshit writing treewizard is enough to prevent me from making desperate pleas to the court of world opinion.

Golly, do you mean that Veeky Forums is the only place you grace with your insights? I say, though, for a local, you seem to be taking it rather well that your "greatest living author" is a black woman.

Different user, but something tells me you've either read nothing by Moore (and take pride in the fact), or your exposure is limited to his lighter works like V for Vendetta and The Killing Joke.

For literature?
Yes. Why though? Is this not being shilled everywhere else? I feel lucky then.

>black woman
Does this somehow change what Moore is? Honestly, it doesn't bother me.

You're implying that the relative quality of literature in our generation is poor - and that toping it is akin to taking the least smelly shit, not that Ulysses is poor, right?

both.

obviously

Ironically, you'd likely get along with Moore:

>What I was saying was that I don't think it was unfair to choose [The Threepenny Opera] as representing a big important cultural event of 1910. I don't think it was unfair choosing Donald Cammell's Performance as representing a big important cultural event in 1969 and I don't think it was unfair choosing J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter as representing a big cultural event in the early 21st Century. I would say that it you were to plot those things along the graph—the line isn't going up. I think that it's a fair comment that our approach to culture—in the mainstream—has degenerated [. . .] I wasn't saying that all culture in the late 21st Century was rubbish or I wasn't saying that culture was doomed. I was saying that mainstream culture was becoming repititive, was not having original ideas, would no longer be capable of coming up with a Performance, leave alone a Threepenny Opera.

What about what Moore is? In what way did Joyce being a fart-humming wildersnatch change the quality of his work? (I'll tell you: it elevated it)

Strewth, it's true guv'ner, we log into the server farm at foive and shitpost until noine. Yesterday me and me mate earned two bob and a crumpled packet of Walkers.

>not liking tree wizards

ikr

anyone know if he doing a east coast tour?