I want to read the 4 gospels

I want to read the 4 gospels.
What order is the best?

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.

mark, matthew and luke, john

Mark, John, Matthew, Luke. This is the correct order!

Can you please explain why your order is the correct one?

Whoever assembled it put it in that order for some reason.

Exactly. You don't see people reading Crime and Punishment starting with CH.12, then CH 22, etc.

Got it, thanks. Didn't know they were assembled like this.

Crime and Punishment is one novel, the gospels are 4 versions of the same story. They are in that order in the Bible because of sociopolitical and religious reasons of their time, not ours. go mark luke matthew john.

This is the chronological order
This is the order you find in most bibles

I prefer the chronological order because you can see the gospel evolve. Mark is mysterious, Matthew is a little more thorough, then Luke comes at it like a historian.

Old, new, raegae, book of mormon

q source + markan priority

Do you live in Western Society?

Do you live in modern society, with internet access?

He probably never held a Bible in his hands and thinks the gospels are separate books by themselves

OP educate yourself you Muslim nigger

start with john.

I am jewish btw, what we call Bible is a different book than the christian one.

If it were right to pick a favorite book, I would pick John.

OP, if you're going to read them all, read it in the proper order: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.

John is thought to be the most mystical of the four. That is, the one that touches most on those aspects of Jesus Christ that we are incapable of fully understanding.

Just get a Christian Bible, preferably King James Version, and read the New Testament part in order. Christian Bibles contain all the canon Christian books (under the title New Testament) AND Torah & Tanakh (under the title Old Testament -lel- )

I forgot to mention that you should get the Orthodox Study Bible if you're interested in the theology.

I have both that and the Oxford annotated bible. The annotations in the Oxford Bible will almost never help you understand the verses in their Christian context.

As a Jew you may find it interesting to read the Old Testament in the Orthodox study Bible. The footnotes do a good job of explaining the connection between Jesus Christ and the books of the Old Testament.

That explains it, at least. A different religion.

What "we" (I include myself in this only because I have a culturally Christian background, and am not in point of fact a Christian (dips menorah) ) call the Bible tends to have a standard ordering, or "Playlist" throughout most of Protestantism, which are the really hot bonus tracks added onto the the original release of the Tanakh, requiring an extra disc to hold them all. It is my understanding that the Original Album has most of the same content as disc 1, but has its own standard track-ordering of the time. This was all shuffled for the various Christian re-issues, but the famous Disc 2 has something like its own standard track ordering. Most anyone who comes from even a nominally Christian background knows that the first four books of the new testament are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, hence my serious questions earlier.

The thing has been re-issued many times however, and has its own mythos. the artist Joseph Smith did a whole concept album relating it all to America, and released some minor bonus content elsewhere.

God damn this isn't r/eli5 just call him a faggot and a jew and let him figure it out

No. I who have used this website since its very beginning, to the almost-total exclusion of that other one, prefer to separate paragraphs and put my own spin on things. If that somehow upsets you, reminds you of that other, then that is completely on you.

You see my fine fellow, it is you who are a faggot, and it is you who can get fucked. :^)