Times it by

>times it by

>"yeah, just minus x by y and then plus it by z"

>then you see that this guy over here cancels out...

What's wrong with this?

>he pronounces [math]\mathbb{log}(x)[/math] as "lawg of ecks"

>this guy over here cancels out those bad dudes
>then you add in these little babies and minus out these other little dealios

Sexist

>derive with respect to time

That indeed is a problem. Shame on xim who uses that!

>Saying "integral" instead of method of fluxions

It's like we don't even teach basic math grammar

I say most of these. Anyone want to tell me how to correctly speak?

>how to correctly speak
You could start by minimizing your usage of split infinitives.

What does this mean?

You want me to not say the word correctly? How is this grammatically incorrect?

Upon further investigation I see your point. It sounds "cleaner" when I say "how to speak correctly", versus "how to correctly speak"

>split infinitives
Fuck off with your Romance-inspired bullshit. English is a Germanic language.

>and then this nigger over here goes to zero, leaving us with just this bitch over there

Lol

>Not using the term "differintegral of order -1"
Kek

Not him but English is by far the most latinized Germanic language, to the point where it's almost a hybrid of two language families

In case you didn't get the point, it's been like that for a long time and will continue to be like that

>This dude cancels out with this little bitch over here so the function goes down to infinity and beyond!

These fuckers fuck this fucker which gives you this fuck.

I have always been very respectful of time

>and if we massage the expression a bit, we can get it into the form we need
I should probably try not to describe myself as an expression massager.

>Sayings "squared" instead of "to the power of two"

So "three times three" does not mean three [the operator times] three. It means three, three times, times as in occasions. The way it's phrased is just archaic. The operator is multiplication.

>This affair converges towards zero, so this whatsit is the director term of the equation

That one makes me cringe.

>when someone says 'negative' instead of minus (e.g. negative one (-1) instead of minus one (-1))

Maybe it's just us Irish people, but you Americans using 'negative' instead of 'minus' just pisses me off.

>now let's cruise on down to derivative town

professor actually said that

"minus" is an operation
"negative" is a characteristic
do you say
[eqn] -6 - (-4) = -2[/eqn]
as "minus six minus minus four equals minus two"

ITT: English majors.

Yes. We do that here in Ireland, generally speaking.

>saying "to the power of two" instead of "squared"

You could say that "minus" is a characteristic and there is no "minus" operation, but we have the convention that "+-" := "-"

Nigga fuck off

One of my science teachers in middle school scared the fuck out of me by yelling in joy when I said subtract to some problem, I wonder how many years it must have been she'd been hearing people say minus. Thought I did something wrong at first, who interrupts someone talking about an equation first of all, and to yell like that was just odd.
Almost curious if some teachers have to repress the grammar nazis within with the amount of students they go through over the years.

>"radical"

>we're going to fuck this equation up

>now let's cruise on down to derivative town
This got a smirk out of me. You guys are no fun.

what's wrong with saying radical? How am I supposed to express x√y ??????? x radical y or y to the power of (one over x)???

root

x root y?? Where?

I mean I see squared root, cubic root, etc. but I can't see the scaling, but then again it might just be me.

4th root, nth root

pre-algebra brainlets please leave.

Quaded.
Quinted.

what's with math and idoru, namely with relation to specifically rabu raibu??

The fuck language are you speaking?

This is precisely the sort of thing up with which I will not put.

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.

you know you can't just pull out this OP card user

Rabu Raibu is so positive it gives me energy to do math. I don't know about that masseur, though.

Not nearly as bad as
>to the three

The nth root? I dunno I'm kind of getting confused on how you're writing it out. Is it x multiplied by (root sign here, I'm a mobilefag sorry) y? Or is it the xth root of y, that you're trying to write?

Sorry for autism.

I put on their songs whenever I find myself getting stuck on a difficult problem, or a mental block in general.
It's a comfy way of de-cluttering my thoughts.

indeed, the more up-to-date term to use would be "rad"

damn my mind is actually out of breath

Still better than
>lawn ecks
>lirn ecks

Actually we should just replace [math]\ln (x)[/math] with [math]e^C\log (x)[/math]

My highschool maths teacher liked to say that they killed each other off, which was always pretty hilarious coming form the old man.

>and then all this dies

>the function vanishes at ecks equals pie

That sounds like a nice habit! Have you become a local uni/school idol like that already?

>n take one

>tfw once said "x equals y halves (x=y/2)" and my calc i teacher said she cringes at people who do that

>5/2 = five halves

But what exactly is wrong with this, seems fine to me. It is five halves of a whole just like 5/3 is five thirds of a whole. Was your math teacher autistic?

Who thinks about halves beyond elementary school? Are you the ancient greeks?

>2x = 2y = x = y

can't tell you how many times I see this tutoring

That's the best way to say it though

I'd say that "y halves" only makes sense if y is used to count i.e. y is a natural number

she was a little autistic
but I liked her

fuck you faggot, I bet you evaluate fractions too
>hurrdur 1.5 + x^(0.65)

what about
y thirds
y fifths
y sevenths

Sound good to me. Obviously it gets awkward for higher numbers but for basic fractions it's fine

>someone asks me for math help
>"let's just see what you tried before"
>sees that
>queue eternal bleeding

I'm just saying I feel like thinking about halves is a crutch model that doesn't really work well with negative numbers or irrationals

What's the problem with negative three halves? What do irrationals have to do with literal ratios?

>2017
>still using the imperial system

Really I'm overreacting to it, but if you're thinking about numbers as a quantity of some fraction, then what about when y/2 is irrational? say √2/2. there's no integer of halves that you can have to represent that number unless you want to have root 2 halves, though I feel like that destroys the whole "I have a quantity of something", which usually is a discrete quantity.

you better be sorry

get off my board

what is "subtracts"

x^2+5=4
9 = x^2
sqrt(x^2) =sqrt(9)
3=x

>good job kiddo but could you try keeping things on the same side next time?
>and also try to line up your equal signs haha

how do you mean user?

>just... make it cleaner

wut? my teacher taught me this

>yeah i`m not saying its wrong, but your form is bad

wut? you're confusing me

Kek that's awesome

>xim
>xer
>not xyz

wait a minute... oops lol

looks like his cancer spread to me

So which Madara uchiha are you talking about. You never got around to specify

>integration 'over' x
Should only be used for indefinite integrals, otherwise you're summing [math]out[/math] x, or summing over a [math]set[/math] (or oriented set) specified by a predicate with free variable x.

I've already left school, though fortunately my programming job provides me with plenty of opportunities to solve mathematical problems.