College grades

Post them.

>be me
>computer engineer major
>first semester after transferring to cal poly pomona
>couldn't do it
>decide to drop the grades instead of receiving a grade
>change major to Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting

tfw wasted three years at a community college taking Math up to Differential Equations. Oh well.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpp.edu/~admissions/undergraduate/transfer/before/impacted-majors.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aeronautical Science + Applied Meteorology

Cumulative 3.33, senior year

The amount of work I'd have to do to achieve a high 3.X to 4.0 is far beyond my effort level. I value my free time highly. Also I'm not gonna post my transcript on a Tibetan yak shearing forum

>Calc 1
A
>Chem 1
A+
>Physics 1
A+
>Social Justice: The class
A+

Release me from the chains of low-level engineering curriculum monotony

You probably didn't work hard enough, OP. Acing those classes can easily be done if you did enough problems, too busy shit posting on /sci or masturbating, I see.

I don't know, three hours of studying per class every night. Heck, I couldn't get out of the first HW problem in my ECE 109 class. I stopped lying to myself after that.

Are you really studying? Did you go to office hours to seek help with the problems fucking you over?

>tfw all A's this semester so far
>Except for one bullshit class where the professor hans't uploaded the grade
>She said that the final exam was 100% of the grade so this could literally be an A or an F and only chance could fucking decide
>Don't know if I can already apply for my scholarship with full As or if I have to fucking repeat a class because of F

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
The exam was a week agooo

UPLOAD
THE
FUCKING
GRADE
MOTHERFUCKER

Kill me now.

>A+

What shit school do you go to that gives out A+s

hey there bronco senpai

>Ring Theory
A+
>Real analysis
A+
>Econometrics
A+
>Probability with measure theory
A+
>Numerical analysis
A+

You're a bunch of fuckin plebs

Sorry to tell you bud, but it's not that you weren't able. You just weren't willing. You let laziness take over when t got
>too hard
instead of trying to figure out problems. And those are tier three early courses too. Jesus, stop being a lazy cuck and do your work.

What year?

I graduated with a pure math degre like 4-5 years ago. I recently started going back to school for computer science, taking pre-req courses to satisfy requirements to apply for PhD programs.

I'm a part time student taking one class this semester. First course is Java programming. Currently have a 101% in it. Last week of course we learned some sorting algorithms, big oh and recursion stuff. Can't wait for upper level CS courses.

I need to make an F to pass with an A. I'm aiming for a 100% in the class but I do know the final will be difficult based on the difficulty of the previous exams (problems are convoluted to test for true understanding and include lots of tricks and traps).

But I'm studying hard so plan to finish strong. If this thread hasn't 404'd by the time I get my grade back I'll post an update

2nd year but on I'm an honours sequence so these are third/fourth year courses. I mostly just have complex analysis (2 courses) and electives left in my last two years. Because I did calc I-IV, linear algebra, and ODEs in high school

They count the same as As so I don't give a shit, but you're right my school is shit. I go for $4k a year though so I'm not upset about it.

>college grades
>Post them.

I can't because of this gay-ass fucking shit.

kek

CS should be easy for you then, it's just applied math.

-t CS/Math major

Thanks. I cannot wait to take upper division courses in CS. Over the break I'm going to begin studying algorithms and data structures. Unfortunately my school requires a 400 (senior) level programming course before taking data structures. So, taking that next semester but will studying algorithms ahead of time. I find CS easy so far.

what fucking high school teaches linear algebra?

Okay it was pretty basic linear algebra. Like introducing simple terminology, row reduction, kernal identities etc. but it allowed me to skip LA I and go straight to LA II. I went to school in Hawaii, just your standard private school

Common at high schools in the north east. Rich parents put their kids in college courses early or at le meme ivy feeder schools. They take courses at an earlier age and seem smart but not really smarter than anyone else. They were exposed to the material earlier and tend to get leveled out in graduate school cuz it isn't about making As anymore and about producing real mathematical research. People like him never failed in life and whenever they fail in graduate school they tend to quit.

All of your grades are in already?
Well, I'll post my midterm grades.
I know Marketing will still be an A or my final, and Fluid Mechanics should go up.
But everything is a mystery as to what the final will be, leaning heavily towards the down direction.

I should have just been a business student and worked on my social skills instead.

samefag
a
m
e
f
a
g

I haven't "never failed in life". I'm not naturally that talented at math (at least not compared to some of my peers) but I work hard

Okay I wish you the best of luck then.

Can you say more? I'm interested, include anecdotes if you can.

One professor I spoke to told me about a student he knew. Guy aced the Putnam exam and could solve any Putnam problem given to him, ones even the professor himself could not solve. He apparently aced every math course even at the graduate level. The professor paused and laugh at that point and said he dropped out. Whenever I asked why? He said unlike you or me we get stuck and have to beat our heads against the wal.. this guy never had to do that and never experienced failure. So when he started experi being failure in mathematical research he couldn't handle it. He got stuck and decided to straight up quit. Think he switched to another field entirely

First year :
Phys1 = physics 101
Math1 = Math 101 (Functions, Taylor series, Integrals, differential equations)
Math2 = Calculus (Double/Triple Integrals, Surface Integrals, Line Integrals
Chma1 = chemistry 101

Second year :
Phys3 = physics of waves and electromagnetism
Sy01 = probability, discrete and continuous, with one or more variables
Math03 = algebra
Math04 = analysis

nice gg

I go to your school but my grades haven't updated yet except for MAT214 where I got a C. Apparently I really fucked up on the final because I got two A's on the midterms.

The other problem students like that have (at least in my experience) is that they fail the learn the more advanced material needed for research (or they only master one niche) because they mastered the lower level course work by obsessively studying it. They worked out almost every practice problem and got close to the point of memorizing all the best textbooks. But now there aren't any practice problems, the textbooks are poorly written to get to the cutting edge of a field you have to read papers where the authors can rarely present even their own ideas concisely. It requires a very different method of learning. It doesn't matter if you're Von Neumann tier smart, you will have to struggle and toil in a way that is different from the grind of small easy increments in the lower levels. For some people it just never clicks.

That is not to say they would've been better researchers if they were lazier in undergrad though. But self-studying advanced material or even other fields rather than obsessing over 4.0s and Putnam problems would've prepared them better. Or maybe they just never had anything beyond a head-start.

>t. Private schoolfag who did calc and LA in high-school btw

>American education

>UCSB
>mfw none of my 4 classes uploaded grades yet
>last final was on the 7th, first one on the 3rd

How the fuck do you fail General Physics I? And why the fuck didn't you do it in community college?

How the fuck were you able to transfer? Didn't you take all those classes with the exception of Intro to EE at your CC?

I think he is FOS. No CA schools let you do that anymore - they want all (most of) the math/physics done before transfer. My friend got into UC Davis but withdrew from some core STEM course the spring, he was going to be a fall admit, and UCD rescinded their offer of admission.

Most high schools in LA County offer the full calculus sequence as well as LA/ODE for students who like math. If they do not offer the material themselves many times you can take them at a juco for free. Not really a big deal.

You sound like a moron. Did you not take numerical analysis and linear programming in undergrad? Nothing worse than a math major who cannot code in at least MATLAB.

Cal poly SLO taking nothing but math and physics classes now.

I want to die fairly often, if I an hero I plan to live stream it

FFS he has over 100% in his programming class he knows how to program what more would he have to do not to disappoint you

It is probably a juco night course in Java - anyone who went to college would do well. It is probably equal to a HS programming course.

A real math major should be able to do full models of fixed income strategies in MATLAB.

>A real math major should be able to do full models of fixed income strategies in MATLAB.
yes because as we know all math majors must waste time learning finance

Classical mechanics C
Modern physics C
Modern physics lab A
Thermal physics B

cpp.edu/~admissions/undergraduate/transfer/before/impacted-majors.shtml

CompE majors only needed Calculus I-III and the golden four completed.

don't change your major. go back to community college to finish your physics courses. you were doing fine if you got into pomona

i'm in the same boat

does anyone know if it gets better on the other side? i'm doing computer engineering. if the classes are as dry as these math and physics prereq's, then let me know so i can change my major right away

>Calc 2
Final is tomorrow, but I almost assuredly have a B
>Physics 1
D
>Database Design and Application
A

>you were doing fine if you got into pomona

you can get into CPP with a 3.0 CC GPA
which means you can be half retarded, and not necessarily smart enough to make STEM worth it

Geometric Topology: A+
Measure Theory: A+
German Research Project: A+
And I've earned my math degree. Done school, finally. Woo!

The rarest of the Veeky Forums posters...

What did you mean by that, sorry?

I've also applied to U Wisconsin Madison and UIUC for a math PhD. Hopefully I get accepted. I didn't aim too high because I'm Canadian. I think I have a good chance, though, because of a pretty strong application despite mediocre GRE scores.

How the fuck does someone get a D in physics 1?

I didn't study

What is Calc IV like where you're from? Here in America the sequence is usually like Calc 1-3, differential equations, and then linear algebra.

Not that guy, but Calc IV for me (Brazil) it's double and triple integral, line and surface integrals, and ODE.

Is physics 1 just kinematics + intro to waves at your school or is it more e/m focused?

> 2016

Heh, when I was in school we had paper evaluation forms that were actually unlinked to us (since they were just paper with no names). I'd never do them except for the profs I hated, for them I'd steal like 10 forms and fill them all out with different handwriting.

Not him, but semi-decent engineering school in Europe here.

Semester 1 : general reminders of maths, Taylor series, formalisation, linear differential equations (up to the order of 2)
Semester 2 : calculus with two variables, brief introduction to Fourrier's series, double, triples, volume, and line integrals, two variables Taylor series.

Optional
Semester 3 : linear algebra (matrices, diagonalisation, trigonalisation, linear applications, kernel, image, orthogonalisation)
Semester 4 : advanced analysis (Fourrier series in detail, series of functions, series of integers, residue theorem, and so on.)

I did CompE and got tons of Cs and even a D in undergrad. Managed to scrape by with a 3.0

Now I'm about to get PhD and have plenty of job offers. Stick with it OP

Going into second semester of sophomore year EE and have all As except Physics II got B+ because the teacher made the exams legitimately unfair. Hoping to just have a 3.75+ when I'm done

on the quarter system calculus is four classes
regular calc book for the first three
then a vector calculus book like marsden for the final course

cale a boca macaco favelito

If had another 10-15 minutes on the DE exan i'd have gotten a B+

I also got a D in Physics 1

Snooze ya lose buster

>>computer engineer major
not anymore

can't get to the rest of my grades, but you'll just have to believe me when i say i had straight 7's one semester, and three 7's and a 6 the other semester.

that assignment 2 wasn't very hard, but i had to go to a funeral that week.

How are people already getting their grades?

I'll give you my prediction:

Object-Oriented Programming - A (probably)
Computer Architecture - A (definitely)
Differential Equations - A (definitely)
University Physics I - A (probably)

Rofl as fuck.

also forgot

t. maths major

Are you at SLO too? I'm not even an engineer, I'm in physics which means of I don't go to graduate school I'll be a poorfag forever. And I'm already old as shit.

Tfw life is nothing but meaningless suffering

How do you do this? What schools accept a 3.0 for grad school?

>taking an entire class on OOP

Your school is shit.

goml pleb.

PhD student god here. no grades, only copious amounts of stress.

Multivriable
A
Manufacturing/GD&T
A probably, but no worse than a B
3D modelling and analysis
A
History
P
Physics 2
Probably an A, we'll see.

>Calc 3
A-
>Linear Systems
B
>Program Design
B+
>Computer Organization
B

linear systems and computer organization gave me cancer

wwww

You're retarded for doing elec and gen at the same time. Also at my college engineering physics is req'd for your major.

So far of the 3 grades I've got I'm all B+s which is what I expected. Of the two classes left I expect an A in one (CS so easy A). Other grade I'm waiting on is Jogging and I'm not sure if I'm going to pass it (I needed a 1 unit class to be full time and apparently the one assignment I missed ended up being an absurd percent of the grade).

KEK, "You're a bunch of fuckin plebs"?
You'd better be an undergrad freshman or that shit is shameful

At europe we are supposed to master linear algebra before high school.

No official grades yet but

Statics (A probably)
Computational Methods (A)
Intro Microeconomics (A)
Intro Thermo & Aerodynamics (A- or A, praise curve)
Calc 3 (A- or A, praise partial credit & curve)

>Advanced Organic Chemistry
A
>Inorganic Chemistry
A
>Analytical Biochemistry Lab
A
>Macroeconomics
A+
>Intro Real Analysis
A
>History of Science
B

Not bad, considering I only showed up for history tests and read the notes the night before.

physics is pointless without phd. you'll just be doing shit done b4

Differential Topology II: A
Symplectic Geometry: A
Category Theory III: A
p-Adic Anaylis: A
Ind. Study (Advisor: Mochizuki): A

Melbourne uni?

I'll be lucky if I get a D in physics this year, guessed on the second half of the exam.

Maybe I got lucky?

Just finished my second semester. Comparing to my first semester, it is funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

>be me
>tfw didn't take physics final because it wasn't weighted enough to change mygrade of C
>didn't take aero final because wouldn't change the fact I have to retake the course
>dynamics grade depends on if the TA read my email, get a B if he did, F if he didn't because of a fucking attendance sheet
>will get an A's in my two other (piss easy) engineering courses

I have mixed feelings about this semester, at least its gone better than Freeman year

NC school?

>curve

must be nice. At least half the class fails Calc 1, 2, and 3 every semester at my school.

Calc 1 B
Oceanography A
Earth and Space Science A
Spanish 2 B+

Yeah I'm 26 and taking basic bitch classes. I just got into the best school in the state for my major because I have a cumulative 3.7 gpa throughout my AA.

Real Analysis: A
Graduate Algebra: B+
Intro to Cellular Bio: B

I'm pissed about bio because my advisor told me I could pass/fail it so it won't affect my GPA, and then told me literally 2 weeks before finals I had to take a grade or I wouldn't get credit. Thanks.

>calculus

?

Oh that's cute. Oh well, I'm in great shape, have money in the bank, shoot guns, have a great girlfriend, and excellent career prospects when I finish up my degree.

Have fun being an elitist on Veeky Forums.

2ez

>tfw 9 hours per semester
Who /taking it slow/ here?

I'd kill myself if i ever withdrew from a class. Thinking about all that time wasted, holy shit