Who /complete academic failure/ here

>be me
>always get mostly A's, with maybe one or two B's

>be me this semester
>get mostly B's, only one A, and a D

Why even live

What'd you get the D in?

his mouth, cuz he's an engineer

Data structures. But the subject is irrelevant. I was being a lazy faggot and not turning in assignments.

Computer engineers suck pussy, buddy.

Boi puccy xD

Kek

I have mostly As, though there is a crippling sensation inside me that I'm bullshiting myself and not actually learning anything. I don't understand why because I have taken classes with famously hard professors. I'm not even that insecure, but this I can never feel proud of myself.

me
always did average all the way from kindergarten to college
I learn quickly on my own or with a tutor but the classroom environment always disagreed with me

fucking kek

Same

me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ shit happends.

>tfw a fucking failure but for some reason my personal tutor believes in me

end it

I fail so many times. Trick is to just harden the fuck up, prepare better, become better and try again.

Try again.
Fail again.
Fail better.

>1.2 in high school
>3.4 in CC
>Transferring to Uni this spring
Going to be a 20yo sophomore. Wish me luck bros

Good luck buddy :)

I was 21 as sophomore, you'll be fine.

Literally nothing wrong with that. Education isn't a race

>B-B-But you should have taken Calc 3 in middle school!!

>tfw to intelligent for math

>tfw C in pre-cal but A in Calc 1

What did I mean by this

>to

He's correct retard

>start school as a kid and excel in every subject
>put in advanced programs
>at an impacted, low-income elementary school
>highest level for my year is easy and boring
>lose interest in schoolwork and start goofing off and getting in trouble
>situation progressively worsens
>enter high school
>discover women
>somehow become even less focused
>eventually emotionally drained from said women
>graduate 1.5 years early
>tfw every teacher and counselor said you were extremely smart
>tfw you never really believed them

Fast forward to now, and here I am trying to teach myself what I would have been learning had I not fucked myself out of attending a good university. Only after I left did I begin to appreciate the value of education and realize I wanted to be a part of academia. I will have to find a way.

*ring ring ring*

Teachers by and large respect that. If u can keep up with kwy assignments and material, they'll gloss the details. Rven my most intense prof did

>>discover women

Why do pussies have to come with women attached to them? It fucking sucks. Imagine if instead you had like a pussy in your hand so you could just fuck your handpussy and also imagine if our bodies naturally produced a drug that would make us feel what we feel when having sex with women. The world would literally be a better place. We would already be colonizing the moon... of another planet in another galaxy.

Fleshlights exist user

>We would already be colonizing the moon... of another planet in another galaxy.
We would not, because nobody would be reproducing. You can't get those generational spaceships to work if you don't fuck.

You do realize that the only reason feminism worked in liberating women is because men needed women, right?

Remove the pussy element and women would still be fucking slaves, which means that even the top tier 500 IQ autists who die virgins like Newton would be able to just go to the nearest women prison and just impregnant like 10 of them to produce the next generation of geniuses. As easy as that.

I'm pretty sure the word "too" is supposed to be used, I don't really see any other way the sentence can show that "to" is appropriate.

I feel ya, i got a C in thermo

>Be me
>Studying Mecha. Eng.
>6 semester
>Have like 2 areas out of my curriculum
>Available to pass in A or at least in B+ hard areas like Mechanical Desing or Models of Dynamics systems.
>Can't pass simples areas like Differential Equiations or Mecha. of Solids
>Have my average in 3.22
>I gonna do the next semester the only two areas that are like a pain in my ass mentioned previously.
>I am in TP (Test Period)
>That means if I don't get in this semester an average of 3.7 I will be out
>I am thinking seriously to leave or continue this career
>Don't want to leave because I am literally in the middle of the road
>Want to leave because I'm a waste of money

Well my father was right, I didn't have the enought balls to tell to him about choose another career and doing this only for the purpose of have a mayor like my father and the rest of my family.

Shits are good.

Now I have to take it seriously, shame I waste my time in stupids stuff.

Sorry that your dad is such an asshole

You're going to be okay dude.

I did 1 year CC, dropped out, worked for a few years and went back in 2015 and did my other year. Got almost straight As when I went back. Got into a top 10 public Uni.

I'm 25 and just finished my first quarter as a junior.

Work hard so you dont have to repeat classes. Trust me. Force yourself to find what you are learning to be interesting. School is WAY better than wagecucking.

>Get A in Precalc
>Get C in calculus 1
>get A in Calculus 2 and another A in Multivariable Calculus

same thing I meant by this apparently

5 years of college and I never even passed one semester.

I am always tired, can't focus and have 0 interest in what I study. Even if I graduated I don't know who would hire me over some normal dude who finished college on time, is passionate about his subject and sociable. But the idea of not going to college at all somehow terrifies me. Like you are branded as failure for life without a degree.

I'm in a PhD program but it's at a low to mid tier public school (CCNY). So I'm not a total failure, but I'm probably pretty close.

tell me about it, after one year I developed insomnia because of the fucking pressure this puts on me.

I majored in math but never focused or studied like I should have. Made a bunch of Cs, Bs, B-s & - few As and A+s. Was all over the spectrum and bombed classes like analysis with a C of some sort.

I knew I wasn't as dumb as my grades suggested. I started studying at home years later very rigorously. I saw I actually understood mathematical proofs and could do and understand shit I never grasped whenever I took algebra & analysis the first time.

I took this ground up approach to relearning mathematics and enrolled as a non degree student taking intro courses (again) to get into graduate school (PhD). As of now I have a 4.0 GPA (even if intro I am carrying the same approach to my upper level courses).

I was told my terrible GPA wouldn't matter and the only transcript the school is trying to get into would consider is my last one which happens to be the courses I'm taking there anyways.

This is a prestigious school and I'm like late 20s taking courses over again I fucked up in initially with freshman but now I'm doing extremely well in them.

I was told research experience is very important so I'm going to try to find a professor and get involved with that too.

Next year I'm taking senior level classes and am studying my ass off beforehand to not fuck up in them.

For once in my life I feel like I'm achieving my potential. My end goal is a PhD and will do what it takes to get there.

I had to type this shit on mobile with autocorrection fucking it up. Basically I did terrible as an undergrad math major. I enrolled as a non degree years later retaking courses I fucked up in and pulling off a 4.0 first time in my life.

Will be applying to graduate programs later once I get more upper division courses in

I feel like it would be morally wrong of me to not tell you to stop going to school.

congrats, that's actually pretty inspirational that you were able to do that.

What will your path in life be after the PhD if you follow through?

never do something just because you're expected to.

You need to take a step back and find some meaning in my opinion.

>Like you are branded as failure for life without a degree.
This is a stupid misconception and incorrect. If you don't fit in the school environment, then get out. You're wasting your time and money, and it's clearly not emotionally healthy for you right now. Many doors will be closed, or will take some force to open, but there are jobs out there for people without college degrees. e.g. software companies hire programmers without computer science degrees fairly frequently. Learn a skill on your own for a while, then try applying for entry-level positions. If you can get your foot in the door, then you will only be able to go up from there. In most cases, experience will trump your educational background.

I just wanna win the fucking lottery or something and relax the rest of my life, or make a big investment and live off that

I'm weary lads....

If you're going to spend your life doing something that makes you miserable... take breaks.

>going to be a 23yo sophmore
Kill me. I look just like a regular 18yo freshman now, though. No one knows I'm a vet

I fucking hate lectures

Such a colossal waste of time

There are far more effective ways of learning

>enroll to study again after dropping out at 25
>mfw people younger than me whining that they got their bachelors a few years later than everyone else

>straight A's entire life
>super high GPA
>mainly because school was easy to game not because i was smart by any means
>parental and family expectations through the roof
>go to school for CompSci
>enjoy it Freshman year
>tank my Sophomore year because im starting to fucking hate programming
>first time getting C's and D's and near failing

Well shit. Motivation is a powerful thing. I was sure I would enjoy learning this sort of thing. Time to reevaluate everything.

The thing is, you are never going to be truly motivated by anything.

What you will do, after realizing you hate the thing you thought you would love, is discover something else that interests you. So you will pursue that. Switch majors. Go through classes for about two semesters or so. Then you will start growing tired of that, too. And you will start to realize that there is something else that you are more interested in. So the cycle continues. At some point it will no longer be practical to switch majors over and over again, so you will resort to something that is at least mildly interesting so that you can get school over with and get a job.

i'm also on the math path, and like you in a lot of ways, but i don't want to laundry list them off.

what are the prospects for getting into research in the mathematical sciences these days?

Just barely got a C in data structures by the hair on my chinny chin chin

yep

3.5 gpa (all ap) 31 act in HS, got into 0 universities so I'm in CC feeling like a fucking loser burnout

I mean I'm applying to transfer to a 4 year, but the pity looks and and talks from people seriously suck

>"school doesn't matter, its what you do that counts"
>"well I know plenty of people who bounced back from CC"
>"good for you, going to school!"

>3.5 gpa (all ap) 31 act in HS, got into 0 universities so I'm in CC feeling like a fucking loser burnout
probably because you're a white male, and they gave all the spots to niggers with a 1.5

>3.5 gpa (all ap) 31 act in HS, got into 0 universities so I'm in CC feeling like a fucking loser burnout
Holy FUCK do I know that feel. Didn't get into ANY good schools despite my high GPA and 32 ACT. Had to settle for a shitty state school.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got me

same here.

it's been rigged against white males, from about 2008 until 2016.

idk why tho.

Clearly not too intelligent for English. :^)

Try ecstasy and a fleshlight. Record the results, I'm very curious as to how it will end.

"you'll just keep switching" -you, some guy online

Now you might be right for this guy but on the other hand maybe programming just isn't his thing and he would find a lot more satisfaction and drive in another field.

ur retarded if u think this desu. only people who its rigged against are asians

Just calculated my gpa

At the very worst I'll end up with 2.68. If I somehow manage to pull one out of nowhere and pull a b on final tomorrow which is unlikely I'll end with 2.93

I'll most likely end with 2.68

JFMSU :(

Fuck how will I ever recover am I fucked from getting internship now. I'm 80 credits in should taking final sophomore classes next semseter

Did lously this semester, the only hard course I had was Discrete Mathematics. But overall I ended up with a 2.8 GPA overall, simply due to lack of studying. Really need to get focused next semester and I think I can pull at least a 3.5 with even a little bit of effort.

gpa won't matter as much after a couple years in industry.

If you're applying for gradschool though? sorry.

forgot to mention, I was top 10% in my states high school class (washington) and it displayed that on the graduation brochure

I didn't get in to the University of Washington but fuck tons of people in my class made in that were not in the 10% (and probably no where close)

I am still so fucking salty about this

has anyone failed a class? i've completely blown off a materials science course this semester after failing to pick up the slack for the shitty lectures and garbage textbook and i might actually fail a class (or at least not get credit for my major, and then what's the fucking point?). final is on thursday and i've zero motivation to study when i've been lost for half the semester

materials science is awesome you pleb..

i know and i fucked up pushing it off to the side the entire semester because i didn't feel like putting forth the time. fuck i still don't really understand stereographic projects

Funny, my MatSci has had the most fun and interesting content I could ever ask for... but a terrible professor. Haven't done a damn thing in there beyond show up for lectures, but I'm still doing fairly well.

Pros of being in a new program that the professors are still working out the kinks in I guess.

I've failed at least 3/5 of all classes I've taken in the past 4 years of uni and I want to fucking kill myself. Financial aid stopped helping me because of my shit grades by my third year, and I'm digging myself deeper in debt because I'm still stuck in the mindset that perseverance doesn't come with consequences, which it fucking does.

I failed a lot of classes out of laziness during my undergrad. Still got into grad school, the third world is an amazing place.

I failed Cal 1 TWICE
TWICE
Parents finally had enough after 5 years of me being NEET and threatened to kick me out if I didnt go back to school or work, so im giving it another go
I don't know what the fuck im gonna do

Pretty shit. But if you feel that you have to do it even knowing the shit prospects, then do it. Or so that's how I'm gonna go about it. Just make sure you know just how shit it is.

lmao what? Do you know how many fucking chinks there are in my class? I'm pretty much the only white guy. Let me tell you, this shit is definitely not rigged against chinks.

I started uni at 22. You'll be fine.

I haven't even finished middle school yet.

Holy fuck that was unexpected, kekd

M. O.

M. O. D.

M. O. D. S. BAN THIS KID

MODS BAN
*clap clap*
THIS KID
*clap clap clap*

I'm 21 my man. I entered a deep depression when I was 13 and it ruined my life because I never got help.

Yessssssssssss let the autism flow through you......

>tfw to intelligent to needlessly lengthen words

HEY HEY

HO HO

SAD BRAINLET'S GOT TO GO

I refuse to believe you faggots are this retarded. I hate this stupid roleplay thread.

Going down the exact same path. Good luck to us both

>I don't really see any other way the sentence can show that "to" is appropriate

Retake English 1, fucking kek

Im about to get
A,A,B,B,C

I'm tearing my hair out. I had straight A's during midterms WTF is the matter with me. I'm fucking stupid as fuck.

Jesus christ Im freaking out. A fucking C. Really? Wtf is wrong with me. I'm just going to drop out and die now, I can't handle the embarrassment.

This feel is confusing indeed

Are engineers stereotypically gay or something? This could be good news for me.

>application rejected by state uni senior year
>enter CC because poorfag with mediocre grades
>don't want to be at CC
>think I'm better than CC
>stumble my way through classes with the intention of just transferring out
>9/11'ed the same course 3 times now, perma-rekt my GPA
>will be lucky to get in anywhere now
>somehow apathetic about the entire situation
take it as a warning not to be a smug faggot and study hard, because there's no way to recover from rock bottom

I'm most likely going to pay off my bills and kill myself rather than stay in this rut for another semester :^)

It's "too" you fucking idiot, as in more, also, or to a higher degree

Literally in the exact same spot, but I got into the "second-tier" public school. I realized that university is a strange beast. Nobody cares where you went, they care what you do. As long as your university is accredited and you feel as though there are opportunities there for you, the rest is just how you feel about the campus life.

Not to mention, if you do succeed you get mad alumni points and can retroactively make your university attractive.

Your 1 year behind that is nothing

only on sci. in real life, no

Dumb frogposter

At least your not 24 and have a meme degree. Study stem

>was really interested in biology, chemistry and engineering
>really sucked at math that wasn't geometry so didn't make the cut
>ended up as an archivist
>then a welder

You're too hard on yourself. That's still a low 3? Much better than most college students. Unless you're a premed or something I wouldn't freak out too much about it.