MEDICAL QUESTION: Possible lung cancer ?

I don't know where to post this, so I hope there are some doctors or med students here that could help me...

>23 year old
>Caucasian male
>Smoked for 3 years but quit 6 months ago (I know it was a terrible idea to start smoking)
>Start having random chest pains a few months ago
>Start coughing regularly with expectorations
>Otherwise healthy
>Decide to go to the hospital for something unrelated
>They xray my chest
>They find two 2cm lung spots
>They do more tests (MRI, blood tests, etc)
>I'm supposed to get the results on thursday
>This morning I start coughing up blood and vomiting
>Slight fever
>Go to the hospital
>They send me home and tell me to wait for the results

What are the odds I have lung cancer at my age ? I'm worried sick...

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/depression/news/19991123/chest-pain-linked-pyschiatric-problems
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I don't know where to post this, so I hope there are some doctors or med students here that could help me...
Not here.

>What are the odds I have lung cancer at my age ? I'm worried sick...
Wait for the results.

You might have asbestosis or silicosis, and if you actually end up having them, your fucked.

highly doubt you have lungcancer at 23 just because of smoking for 3 years.

Well, the symptoms do match, but given your age and the time you have been smoking it doesn't sound like first likely option.

Just try to not to think too much into it and just wait for the results.

Your X-ray looks like my textbook image for apoPeos Plasmolysis. rip OP.

I shoul've said "pic unrelated".I don't have a picture of my x-ray.

Whenever I google my symptoms, all I get is lung cancer though... It's the most common cause of coughing up blood apparently.

>google my symptoms
somebody needs to develop a gadget that fucking smacks you upside the head when you try to google symptoms

Those symptoms match some lung infections as well.

Sounds like a chest infection. Can we have a pic of your CXR?

Google is literally designed to tell you it's cancer just so you don't sue them. The most common cause of coughing up blood is tearing your throat by coughing a lot.

That's factually incorrect. TB is the most common cause of coughing up blood.

Any chance you have TB?
Where are you from? Where have you lived? Are you at risk of AIDS? Have you ever been immunosuppressed?

>23 year old
>Smoked for 3 years

In your case, lung cancer isn't exactly a high probability (and lung cancer caused by smoking is pretty much out of the question).

It took me 30 years of fairly heavy smoking to get it.

I live in Paris, France. There are 5000 cases of Tuberculosis in France per year.
The hospital tested me for AIDS, I do not have it.
It's the combination of coughing blood and lung nodules that worries me actually...

chances are youre gonna die senpai, better make those last days count.

Your ass might want to get stay in the hospital until Thursday.

Parisfag here. Chances are it's just an inflammation of the lungs, spot are not uncommon. Coughin blood just after your exams could be that you forced too much to expectorate your brown mucus. Guilt is hell of a drug but don't feel that way, smoking for so little time cannot alone trigger a cancer.

If you're "sick worried" i can suggest you to take a rdv at the CTAR in the 15e art with your X-ray. They are top notch and free.

Last thing, cancer doesn't cause physical pain, it's certainly your intercostal muscles or diaphragm who is tense by the stress. I'm pretty sure the blood doesnt come from your lungs but from your trachea.

It does cause physical pain when its in a late stage though right ? I still have a fever and chest pain today, it's getting even worse...
What's the CTAR ? A hospital ?
En tout cas merci beaucoup pour tes conseils mec.

the fact you have a noticable fever is a good sign imo

doubt its cancer

Recherche sur Google le centre des affections respiratoire dans le 15e, tu peux prendre rdv avec un pneumologue, ils font que ça et sont très compétents. Remboursé à 100% par la sécu.

the lung cancer rarely give chest pain, i'm 100% positive it's mainly in your head since you're 23. It's pretty common :

webmd.com/depression/news/19991123/chest-pain-linked-pyschiatric-problems

Some stats : under 35yo, there is less than 1% probability that the nodule detected by x-ray poses a risk, smokers and no-smokers.

Even if the nodule is considered "risky" by the doctors, the operation is pretty straight-forward.

It's gonna be ok user.

Since OP has made a medical related though, I would have gone to /adv/ but i'll ask here.

I get a weird fluid draining feeling in my upper left chest area, similar to the feeling you might get as fluids move around your abdomin. I can feel the pressure building up and if i relax my lungs, i can feel/hear it happen very easily.
Also every now and them, i feel like my heart is shivering/vibrating, what gives? Going to a GP in a few days but early speculation would be welcome.

Seen it before. It's pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Too bad, you're gonna have a long painful death and your loved ones will start hating you. Seen it aaaaall before. Tragic.

Don't take my word for it but a 'slight' fever usually means bacterial infection. Wait for your blood work.

desu. theres literally no chance the nodules could be whats causing the symptoms op describes. what a retard

I am a biomedical researcher with 15 years experience in cancer related diagnoses and treatment. From your initial greentext self diagnosis you have provided with I can say that you have roughly a 60% chance of Stage I Cancer developing.

honestly

So when I hear "at your age it's probably an infection" they must be wrong ? Thanks for being honest.

you fucking idiot he's not a biomedical researcher with 15 years experience in cancer related diagnoses
jesus christ desu maybe you have a brain tumor because you dumb

What if he is ?
Sorry I'm under a lot of stress right now and I keep hearing contradictory opinions which doesn't help at all.

I doubt it's googles fault. The more dramatic problems feature prominently everywhere, with no way of discrimating between diagnoses.

Diag-noses
Noses
Fuck

>Smoked for 3 years

if its lung cancer its not due to smoking, just bad luck and possibly genetics
and you can get lung cancer at any age
so, dont google your fucking symptoms
wait for the docs report

you need to take your mind off it and relax
...have a cigarette

user, lung cancer is usually placed on the back-burner whenever you cough up blood.

Have you had any type of chest cold, sneezing, runny nose, cough, or sore throat in the past week?

Think about this, if it eases your mind at all, I am around the same age and I once coughed up what looked to be a piece of my lung covered in blood. I went to the doctor and she told me that it's more than likely a piece of tissue from my tonsils. I had strep throat a week prior to this, but she told me that it's not uncommon to cough up blood from chest colds, sore throat, and the sort.

However, I am not a doctor and you should wait for the lab results. Lung cancer at your age is almost unheard of. You're much more likely to have nutsack cancer or lymphoma.

Related question:
how much do you need to be exposed to harmfull dust to get asbestosis, silicosis etc.
As I understand those particles just get stuck in lungs and that's it, they stay there forever.
Would a days worth of breathing in dusty environment do much harm? I even got a sore throat from that.

+11
How is your blood pressure ?

Parisfag here, OP Keep us posted !
If you're still anxious, tell me, you can shoot me a mail.

It can't be cancer, don't be daft. It's probably infective.

I'm a doctor.

Thanks bro. I will keep you posted about the results if the thread is still up on thursday. What's your email adress ?

gee, thanks bro.

Probably just upper respiratory infection. I've gotten pneumonia over this twice and ended up coughing blood.

I bet you were the same fuck crying about pancreatic cancer go fuck yourself

Nope

Parisfag
@ protonmail.ch

Good luck for tomorrow, i have exams too.

Less deadly reasons to cough up blood are:
Sore throat
Irritated tonsils
Clearing your throught too often like a jackass
Being dehydrated
Sucking dick without lube
Bronchitis

does any pretend-doctor has thoughts about this?

>doctor tells me one thing
>internet tells me another
>"I keep hearing contradictory opinions"

No.

The INSERM 2006 report on asbestos stated that: "There is no limit in which asbestos can be considered as not carcinogenic", but the frequency of the pathologies Duration of exposure, the amount of asbestos inhaled, and, apart from fibrosis, materializes long after exposure (for cancers around 30 to 40 years).

If it was lung cancer you wouldn't be able to breath and you would not be coughing

The doctor didn't tell me anything, that's why I'm freaking out and asking the internet.

Wrong. Lung cancer typically doesn't have any symptoms until it's at a fairly advanced stage.

>The doctor didn't tell me anything,
That doesn't change the point I was trying to make in

Smoke a cigarette and relax. If it was lung cancer at that stage it wouldn't change a thing. When my uncle got diagnosed and asked the doctor if he should quit smoking, he told him there's no need and that at this point he can smoke all he wants.

Update: i couldn't wait so I went to the hospital.

> The spots seem very cancerous according to the CT scan and MRI
>However it is extremely unlikely given my age
>Therefore they will send me to another hospital for a second opinion

I'm probably dying Veeky Forums.... It was nice knowing you. And thanks for all the replies in this thread.

>I'm probably dying
Did you miss the part "it is extremely unlikely given my age, they are going to send me to a another hospital for a second opinion"?

wtf

hope it's caught very early and the symptoms are incidental. i don't think the spots could cause the symptoms you describe

can you show us the scan?

>He's coughing up blood
>send him home
What country do you live in?

I wonder.

you have an R shaped matter stuck inside your shoulder.

Did they perform a biopsy ?

I don't want to alarm you OP, but there appears to be some kind of skellington living inside your body.

They'll do a biopsy, send it to pathologist and then they'll know what you have.

Good news is that it's still probably not cancer. Further good news is that if it is, you have a good chance of being completely cured.

Chill the fuck out user. You're probably more at risk by dying from a heart attack brought on by stress than cancer.

Sure there's something there, but you haven't had a biopsy done yet. Given the very very very slim chances of it being cancer and of you not knowing whether it's cancer or not, then you should think almost nothing of the matter. Sure, it can be cancer, but it can also be a large list of other things that are easily treatable with a pill.

At your age, the chances of it being a benign tumor, fungal infection, or something else that is far less dire are much greater than lung cancer.

Second of all, your doctor shouldn't fill you head with crud if he needs a second opinion on the issue. Did he state as to why he believes they're cancerous? I'd tell you what I've stated in my comment, and then tell you that I'm getting a second opinion on the subject and order a biopsy to confirm my belief as to it being of a non-cancerous origin.

After this is all said and done, I would seriously ask your family members about the people in your family that have had lung issues. Most lung issues stem around genetics, and if someone in your family has had lung issues, then I'd certainly put down the cigarettes.

Some people's lungs can take a beating from smoking, but there's a laundry list of genetic risk factors that could potentially hamper your lungs from repairing itself or make them slowly deteriorate. If it is a benign tumor, then I'd seriously give this some thought. The greatest thing you can do for your lungs is to never smoke again, stop hanging out with people who smoke, and get some exercise every day.

They say the big size of the nodules (2 to 3 cm), their aspect, and the symptoms that I have lead them to believe it's probably cancer, but on the other hand my age makes the idea almost absurd. It's true I haven't had a biopsy yet, only then will I know for sure. Good news is if it's cancer it hasn't spread anywhere else and it's still relatively small, so chances are it can be treated with chemo.
I guess they'll do a biopsy after they get a second opinion. One of my friend's dad has a private clinic and works with a good pulmonologist, so I guess I could also ask him for a third opinion.
They say I have an infection on top of the probable cancer, hence the fever and coughing blood.
This is all very frightening to me...

Well fuck.
I am trying to calm you down but I can lie.
You have all right to be frightened, I myself would freak out because I myself freak out because of small lumps i find on my body from time to time.

And as you said, you are very young, therefore you can take a beating from chemo and tolerate very high doses of antibiotics to treat your infections caused by the chemo. It is usually infections and overdoses on morphine that causes doctors to reduce the treatment because that is what usually kills cancer patients.

Also, is it operable?
I mean, is it possible with surgery to remove your tumor?
If yes, then that is a very good sign aswell, given your age and all that.

Please try post the CT picture so we can analyze aswell

I had a heart attack due to viral infection last year and I'm 19 so things like this happen.
Evertyhing's fine with me so just see how it goes and it'll be fine.
If you're going to die just get a load of LSD and chill till you're dead
good shit anyways

i dont see that on x-ray
btw i dont see anything strange with xray

fuck you op, post your xray

It's not even OP's x-ray

>18 white male 6.1" in first year of uni
> get 80% spontaneous tension pneumothorax in left lung on october 30, 2016
> go into respiratory arrest
Only lived because I was in shape and stop smoking a few years ago, best decision of my life. I'll post pics of the ER xray if you guys want.

this is way better than House

start doing yoga, drink tons of tea and cleanse yourself from the tar. It takes years. Eat tons of onions etc. Technique for cleansing of lungs is drink tea/coffe while dehydrated, chew raw onion and breathe deep, you will cough out slime with tar in it, dont swallow it. After this do a stretch upwards reaching for the skies and take deep abdominal breathes this will also release liquids into your lungs. Make gurgling sounds aswell. do this daily for years, it will start out nasty then become habit but will clear tar from your lungs.

>23 years old
>Lung cancer
The risk is basically zero(unless you have lots of relatives who died of lung cancer at the ripe age of 23)

POST YOUR XRAY SCAN, MY AUTISM IS OFF THE CHARTS

Give us news Op.

Could just be granulomas. Possibly you're dealing with Sarcoidosis. I highly doubt it's cancer.

>23 year old
>lung cancer
Lol, no