Theft Charges

So, I got really drunk with some friends, and I got arrested for Theft 2 and unlawful entry of a motor vehicle.

As misdemeanors, I can get these expunged within three years if I don't mess up again. I'm a good student and a math major at my local uni. Will grad schools do a background check on me? How screwed am I?

>being a nigger

>Will grad schools do a background check on me?
no
>How screwed am I?
it's not a felony, so not at all

I'm just going to finish my post by judging you hardcore for being a piece of shit. Good luck m8.

Give him some slack. He understands it's wrong and won't do it again. Youthful stupidity is necessary.

> be me drunk
I just stopped reading at that

>Give him some slack
hey man, i even wished him goodluck. And I meant it. I'm just projecting my anger on the people who break my car windows to steal my granola bars or whatever is in my car, causing $100-$200 in damage, while I'm eating fucking ramen noodles on student loans.

>Youthful stupidity is necessary.
(You)

Didn't break any car windows senpai. I just opened unlocked cars.

Thanks man
Thank you! Feel a bit better now

This is a screenshot from my application to Stanford 's graduate school. Spoiler: didn't get in. But this was one of the questions. I can tell you at least two other schools I applied to also asked this question. One school (Princeton, also didn't get in) didn't ask so it varies from school to school.

Weak. I wonder if they would let it slide for a good academic background. Time will tell.

A lot of schools will run a background check. Many will ask you up front, and I assume that a few will not ask but will check anyways.

If I were you, I would start applications to as many schools as possible, like create an account and enter basic info, and then filter out schools that ask.

>t.shut in autist that hasn't lived

Ugh. Let me guess: you're a male?

Why is it that the male sex is so impulsive and stupid? They are like troglodytes...

That sounds like a wise plan. Although, since I will be doing research as an undergrad, my bachelor's will take 5 years instead of 4, and I'm only 2 years in. So, by the time I graduate I can get the charges expunged. But your idea sounds clever.
Yes. Maybe testosterone is our downfall now that we aren't cavemen.

A lot of schools will discipline you for being caught doing a crime, like a double-whammy. And lots of grad schools ask if you've been in trouble with the school administration, which is a separate question and separate record. I don't k ow how your school does things but I would keep that in mind.

Just stay away from alcohol. I've been there and you can recover your reputation but of this happens again you're pretty much boned..

It's that same impulse that has driven men to conquer nature, which led to iphones, instagram, and the Internet so women could take selfies and upload them for all to see.

You're telling me that the impulse to break into cars is the same as the impulse to advance humankind? Well if that is the case then why aren't there more gangster astronauts?

were you convicted of the charges, or did you get some kind of pretrial diversion?
or is the case still pending?

Sounds like you need a good kicking in*, why don't you go and apologise to the victim of your crime?

>*A British colloquialism for a beating.

Because impulse isn't quantitative you numbskull, impulse is impulse. So, yes, the same impulse that lead men to make great advances and challenge nature is the same impulse that made this youthful philistine purloin.

I led the cop to where the stuff came from... they got their possessions back.

Did you get/ are you going to get convicted?

If it's just an arrest they don't care.

Did the victim get to smack you around a bit?

We'll see what's going at my arraignment. It's my first offense, so hopefully I won't get much.

He should given a moderate beating, user, ask the judge it he'll have the bailiff do it on behalf of the victim.

I'll take it for no charges, no questions asked

>t. sadomasochistic.

Promise you wont cum on his boot(s), when the bailiff starts kicking you?

You are a little sick in the head senpai

I am. :'(

Get an attorney, they can have your sentence deferred, trust me on this

If you get it expunged, it won't show up on a background check unless you apply to something like the FBI.

>FBI

Bane?

What the hell OP.

I'm not judging you for getting drunk - I myself had a similar experience my first year in Uni. However, why would you break into a car and steal something? Even at my lowest I wouldn't violate someone's right to their property!

It's a chaos factor that women don't have. Could just be testosterone.

Thanks man