Tfw the author didn't go to a tier one school

Tfw the author didn't go to a tier one school

>tfw the reader didn't go to a tier one school either

;_;

>tfw the reader went to a tier one school but never got published

>Shakespeare

OH ITS ANOTHER EPISODE OF THE COLLEGE MATTERS MEME. I SURE LIKE THIS ONE

Name one good writer who didn't go to a prestigious school.

>"good"

Nice one. Faulkner, Cormac, idk.

>idk
Exactly. Get fucking destroyed.

name one canonical writer from a prestigious school who went AFTER Harvard/Oxford stopped having a 90+% acceptance rate

When did they ever have an acceptance rate that high?

Cervantez

BolaƱo, Mo Yan, Welsh, Papini, this is just what it came into my mind, I can keep going.

>corncobbers

Saramago, Yeats, Hemingway, and George Bernard Shaw all won the Nobel Prize without ever attending university. Perec was a genius and never did either.

Faulkner another Nobel laureate, flunked out of a mediocre state school with an acceptance rate of around 80%. So did Dreiser

nigga Mo Yan went to a PLA school and then got a Masters at Beijing Normal. That's the US equivalent of going to a West Point/RISD hybrid and then getting a Master's from Columbia. literally all prestigious af

Melville, Hemingway, Dickens.

My bad then, still have three writers, plus the other writers the other anons have mention.

>he reads authors who went to school

what a faggot

School is for plebs

me

kys

honestly.

God, author of The Bible

every time ;_;

keeek

could god establish a college so prestigious that even he couldn't get accepted?

I actually lower my expectations if the author is too wound up in the ivory tower bullshit. Everything they write is primped with affectations and too self-aware. It's all about what's fashionable and the name dropping circlejerk.

Yes. He simply projects another existence of himself that is inferior to his original existence, then the original God rejects the application of the copy God.

i like where this is going

>tfw the author is not unknown

Pynchons my fav writer for sure

Homer. We don't even know if he went to grammar school. Sure, grammar hadn't been invented back then. Still, you'd expect the guy who founded literature as we know it to look better on his resume.

In that case quite a decent chunk of greek/latin writers were former slaves who were freed and pumped out some of the most important works of their time.

Terence who almost every monk/student used to help study Latin even though he had "filthy' scenes had such clear concise language that they overlooked it. He was a slave as well.

>universities faces when they can't pump out more prestigious writers then slaves

yeah but no-one said starting with the Greeks was not a complete meme

>going to school
>For writing
What? If you know how to spell, and have enough knowledge about entertainment then you can write a book, even Donald Trump can write a book.

Writing isn't the same as being a physicist

that's bretty cool

Yeah..

To be fair, Donald Trump attended a very prestigious school.

What qualifies a school as a tier one school? I'm not from America and there aren't heaps of universities in Australia..

Chaucer

Usually school kills the creativity and spontaneity in an artist, or it isn't indicative of the path the artist will choose later (for example, Proust graduated in law)

Proust
Dante
Dostoevsky

protip - these are the only tier 1 schools in america (also top 4 worldwide):

princeton
harvard
yale
stanford

tier 2:
columbia, duke, penn, etc.

tier 3:
georgetown, berkeley, vanderbilt, etc.

anything below this is absolute trash

>MIT
>absolute trash
Show those STEMtards!!

mit is in the etc part of tier 2

Sniffman taught you well.

>Author didn't go to school

harvard princeton yale stanford mit oxford cambridge

d-does it count if you do post-grad at a tier 1 but your degree was only at a top 30? Asking for a friend.

>author doesn't come from a STEM background