Plants can be trained like dogs

newatlas.com/pavlovs-plants-conditioning-learning/46838/

>Pavlov's plants? Research suggests animal learning in veggies

I long suspected all living things have a very basic form of awareness, so it was kind of mind-blowing to see this confirmed experimentally.

Most lifeforms, it seems, must kill in order to live themselves. (Except of course those lifeforms which use photosynthesis.) Take that, vegans.

Is this not within the realms of statistical probability? There is only two options after all; the left and right forks of the Y.

I'd like to see this experiment repeated and adapted for slime molds.

This says nothing about "awareness" at all, and if it does, than you've got yourself a very weak form of awareness that really needed no experimental confirmation.
Yes, all organisms respond to stimulus. There's some middle-school level biology class info for you.

>all organisms respond to stimulus
This wasn't designed to show that plants respond to sunlight. This was to show they can be trained to respond to stimuli they would not normally respond to, by associating them with other stimuli that they normally would respond to. That's learning.

goddamnit shut the fuck up and stop reading articles that say shit just because some dumbass met some scientist and said

"SOOO, LIKE, PHILOSOPHICALLY UMM, THE SUN IS THE MOTHER OF ALL HUMANS"

so if you shared this info with a hardcore vegetarian would they by forced by their superior morality to starve themselves to death?

If so I may be saving this for later.

>Take that, vegans.

>not understanding the sustainability impacts of eating animal products
>not understanding that more plants are killed to feed animals to feed humans than would be killed just to feed humans

i think you failed basic thermodynamics if you cant comprehend this

also cool research! ty

Why is everyone on the internet such a nattering naybob of negativism
>post something about stuff
>EVERYTHING IS WRONG, I AM WOULD DO ALL THE STUDIES BETTER, THIS MAKES ME LOOK INTELLIGENT

The less popular boards like Veeky Forums harbour this behaviour less.

Why did you reply to the one shitpost anyway?

Got my goat for some reason. Every once in a while I get sick of seeing it all over the place. Thankfully not so much here, as you say.

because he/she/trans/etc./gender pronoun they (please dont call police/fbi/peta/sjw's on me) knows he/she/trans/etc./gender pronoun they (please dont call police/fbi/peta/sjw's on me) is wrong. People engaging in retarded behavior like OP's post is in general bad for society.
for ex.
hurr durr is the marijuana like totally not a drug dude because like its from the earth

is a philosphical and therefore valid question

HOWEVER

OP's post
"I long suspected all living things have a very basic form of awareness" makes a bold and assertion and then sources an article thats meant to be clickbait and by some journalist who read some science paper and was high on lsd or some shit.

God you're dumb. There is about a million articles in the main stream press about this right now. Take your pic. This was just one.

>mainstream press
Oh, you mean the press who is paid money for grabbing viewers?

Ok, you know what. You're right.

HEY EVERYBODY PLANTS CAN SEE YOU, THEY CAN LEARN
PLANTS MURDER, THEY ARE AWARE

EVERYBODY, PLANTS ARE AWARE OF THEMSELVES
PLANTS ARE GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD
PLANTS ARE AWARE, THEY KNOWWW THINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PLANTS

DO THEY DESERVE HUMAN RIGHTS?

Get a load of this retard.

don't joke user this is how shitty movies get made

Irrelevant, 1/3 of all food is thrown away already. We have no shortage of food whatsoever.

>he/she/trans/etc./gender pronoun they (please dont call police/fbi/peta/sjw's on me)
maybe its time to stop browsing pol, friendo

It's time to stop shitposting kiddo

>Plants can be trained like dogs
>plants can herd sheep
>plants can defend people and property
>plants can lead the blind
gtfo retard

>Forgetting that fish are more sustainable than plants
>Forgetting vaccines (I.e. fundamentally non-vegan) are also necessary for sustainability

>wind usually blows from the direction of sunrise in the morning
>plants prefer to optimize sunlight gathering
>plant has mechanisms already built in to entrain nutation just like it can entrain its circadian rhythms to light and temperature
why is this surprising again

>fish are more sustainable
How

tfw veggietards have been hurting poor plants all the time

Fucking kek'd