There is no EMDrive thread?

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://digitalpaper.stdaily.com/http_www.kjrb.com/kjrb/html/2016-12/11/content_357004.htm
>This technology is currently in the latter stages of the proof-of-principle phase, with the goal of making the technology available in satellite engineering as quickly as possible,' said Li Feng, chief architect of the China National Space Technology Institute's communications satellite division."
>Li Feng said, Chen Yue team relies on national related project support, is carrying out engineering application of key technology research, for 5 years to achieve engineering applications, "we have mobilized microwave, structure, thermal control, power electronics, on-board electronic systems and other related professional Strength, to do this thing, although difficult, but we have the confidence to make.

China is going to rule space.

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.co.uk/emdrive-chinese-space-agency-put-controversial-tech-onto-satellites-soon-possible-1596328
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_spaceflight#Orbital_launch_statistics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a meme. I can't believe NASA trow money at that

What about China? The Ministry of Science and Technology in China published that on their front page.

they have almost nothing to lose by researching it

if it works, we have new tech

if it doesn't work, they've wasted a negligible amount of their national budget on it and they can sweep it under the rug and forget it ever happened

Here's something that doesn't require the ggoogles.
ibtimes.co.uk/emdrive-chinese-space-agency-put-controversial-tech-onto-satellites-soon-possible-1596328
>China confirms it is already testing out an EmDrive in orbit

FOSSIL FUEL FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

It won't provide enough thrust to replace fossil fuels even if it turns out to work.

I wonder if they will share any of the results or the design.

Fuck off shill

Do you know how flustered a lot of people will be if this works? That Thunderf00t guy is going to have so much egg on his face for making a BUSTED video a short time ago.

it's not meant to replace fossil fuels my man.

But it won't work either.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

This WILL work.

We might not understand it now, but once we do we gonna be able to improve it.

We will probably improve it just by messing around, like we did with all great things.

I wish I was still this optimistic dope

If it does I'll be a happy man.
The amount of butthurt will be massive.

If it works it works, and if it doesn't then it doesn't—don't be so emotionally invested in popsci or sci or tech to save your life.

It reminds me of exploiting a glitch in a video game.

What happen to plasma engines?

it would be nice but what makes you so confident?

>tfw we live in simulation after all

>shit, what if the glitch gets fixed with a patch?

China already rules space.

China launched more orbital missions than any other country in 2016

What the fuck does fossil fuel have to do with rocketry? We don't run rockets on hydrocarbons.

>We don't run rockets on hydrocarbons.

???

What is kerosene user?

>all these unenlightened ones
the em drive is ufo tech (notice the shape) obtained from crashed ufos in wyoming that is being filtered into society (just like most other technologies) by the us military and chinese militaries
the grays have had this technology for at least 30k years since the last galactic age of enlightenment ended
basically, there will be a series of """"improvements"""" made in the next 8 months that will boost the thrust of the em drive by a factor of a a million

AYYYYY DELET THIS LMAO

>We don't run rockets on hydrocarbons

"notice the shape" i had a giggle.

I'd watch the movie for sure.

>UFOs are shaped like UFO engines
That explains why airplanes look like this

Arm pumping in Super Metroid?

Airplanes are mostly cylindrical.

It is caused by thermal convection. Halt all research on this for it's a pure waste of funds. Focus on things that matter and have actual application in our world. Investing in China is a good start. Thank you for reading this post.

I guarantee anyone would turn gray after taking a ride inside of a giant microwave

no shut up bitch i'll be fine

uh i don't know

>tfw Three Body Problem will become reality.

I don't like the look of his power coupler. Too unstable.

Excuse my ignorance, I am no expert. I assumed the vast majority of rockets used hydrogen / oxygen.

hahahahahaha nope:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_in_spaceflight#Orbital_launch_statistics

USA has had more successful launches in 2016

The EMDrive is a failure, a meme, and a bunch of popsci bullshit.
The details of how ti works have been well known in the field for decades, this drive is nothing new, its just like the hyperloop; overhyped popsci bullshit

one word for why its useless: Efficiency. Use a rocket, seriously.

Such a good series. The movie is going to suck, isn't it?

I have a question, Veeky Forums.

So, ok supposedly, EM drive is wrong because of energy conservation laws, I get that.

The power produced equals velocity times the force, ok. So in a moving frame that velocity could be anything and so the power could be anything, so there exists a moving frame that can have a power larger than the input power required for the operation of EM drive.

But!

Isn't the speed of moving frame limited by lightspeed?

>Isn't the speed of moving frame limited by lightspeed?

no
t. very smart person

why?

No. Most rockets use RP-1/LOX, instead of hydrogen. Only a few (the Long March and the Atlas V) use hydrogen in their upper stages, as it is much more efficient in terms of tank sizes and thrust.

Can someone please explain why it breaks the laws of physics?

It breaks the fundamentals of our understanding of physics, which is totally fine. Will lead to great discoveries which will benefit us all and i am very glad to see it work. More progress has been made by "thats strange" compared to eureka.

Renowned youtubers with scientific background already btfo it. Move along.

>Renowned youtubers with scientific background already btfo it

please explain

people like you give us a bad rep
EM drive is nothing like UFO propulsion
element 115 releases incredible energy and is very much a stable fuel source

and the arianne
and the delta IV
and a jap rocket

my sides

Nothing can break the laws of physics by definition. What some people doesn't get, and I admit you need to be very optimistic about it, is that EMV could perfectly work with workarounds for such laws.

I mean, if you can conceive or accept the possibility that a black hole requires a white hole somewhere else, and dark matter could be just gravity from matter in another dimension, why in the hell the EMV won't be able to work by destroying some parallel universe or something.

THUNDERFOOT GET OUT R££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I hope I can help you Brainlets coping.

Don't forget about the flying cars, perpetual motion machines, sex bots, and automatic ass-seeking flying dildos we'd get if the emdrive works

In general, things that are perpetual motion machines tend to work.

>perpetual motion machines

oh that meme
>if that drive works it means it breaks our understanding of physics
>if we use our understanding of physics that drive would create a perpetual motion machine if it worked

Nice try though.

Even 100 times the reported thrust will never get it into orbit. The memedrive is shit and waste of money and time.

I think its a garbage idea but I think your argument is just as bad. look at hall effect thrusters and how they're actual useful despite not getting us into orbit.

It's hard to imagine how weird the world would get if this worked.

If it could be made more efficient by using super-conductors and you had say a nuclear reactor pumping megawatts of power into these things, you could literally build flying battleships. You could cruise above the atmosphere at 100 mph and then accelerate to an orbit over a few hours of gentle acceleration. The cost to move things into space would fall by several orders of magnitude.

It sounds far too awesome to ever happen, honestly. I'd love it, but come on.

2 possible scenarios now

The Chinese wind up looking like idiots,we all shrug and move on.

Or this shit works and all of physics goes into a state of uproar as the old theories are put to the task of explaining this.

What could be causing it? Vacuum plasma? Small warp fields? Gravity generation?

>What could be causing it?

I think the leading theory would be virtual particles popping in and out of existence, which do exist after all.

>all of physics goes into a state of uproar

Pretty much the only thing at stake is relativity as far as I get it. If you use current day understanding of physics, a EM-Drive would at one point have more kinetic energy than the energy you put in enabling it to power itself and then give of excess energy. You would have to have a preferred frame of reference in the universe for that not to happen, which for me doesn't sound so outrageous if you think about it. Just define the universe's preferred frame of reference as a state where there is total energetic equilibrium and you should be good to go.

Welcome to stage 3.

>random newspaper from China nonetheless claiming something
>tinfoilers take it as a fact

Just checked the chinese "nasa" website No mention of meme drive whatsoever and no info about the press conference on 10th of december that supposedly had claims made they'll be sending a bucket in orbit.
These threads should be deleted automatically because it's clear the whole thing is just a money scam. Take this to Veeky Forums, /x/, or preferably /b/ where it belongs and fuck off here.
Reported.

>Official newspaper of ministry of science, with quotes from head of satellite division
>random newspaper

Ffs user...

Yes, but it reaches free energy before lightspeed if the power to thrust ratio is greater than a photon rocket's. A photon rocket reaches the break-even point at lightspeed. And most of the experiments claim it does have a greater thrust.