Neurotheology/Neurospinozism: Singularity Group - "Science Finds God"

Any clickers here? I never see any real discussion on any pop-culture forums about this phenomena. Is this a beginning towards a psychological revolution? Vid has over 500K views atm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXDw73rToPE&t=16s
logicnation.org/Testimonies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck is a clicker?

Here is the video.
youtube.com/watch?v=SXDw73rToPE&t=16s

>science finds god

How can you "find" god? God by nature exists outside the universe. How to measure things outside the universe?

obviously if you can find god it means he's inside the universe, and the 'god is outside of this shit' paradigm is no longer in favor

it's retarded, though.

shit video.

Cult recruiters leave

If all these people really had multiplied their intelligence by whatever, wouldn't they have made a new discovery or two? Or even peer-reviewed proof of their new intelligence levels? Isn't it much more likely that this is a bunch of lifestyle singularitarians deluding each other with slick 2-future-4-u videos?

And the whole message amounts to "just enjoy studying math lol". You think nobody ever tried that before?

The video is from my understanding intentionally made to reach out to the intersubjective, popculture audience that gets excited by an aesthetic like this, including" a bunch of lifestyle singularitarians deluding each other", aka intellectual masturbators.

You can actually DEBATE HIM live right now, if you have a sound argument, I'd think you'd be pleasantly surprised by this guy's rhetorical acuity.

the link his live stream and reddit is in the video description

>Attempt to watch with an open mind
>Twenty seconds in and the author is already using faulty logic.

ebin.

Well debate his logic and embarrass him in front of 1K viewers right now.
twitch - athenelive

>If you're so sure it's a cult, why don't you argue with the leader in front of a thousand followers?

"followers" LUL most are destiny fans that hate his guts, they'll hail you as the next messiah if you reck him

>don't worry, it's not just cultists, it's also gamers who hold bitter grudges over pointless shit

I wouldn't say it's pointless, the author has made over $20 million for charitable causes and changed thousands of people to be much more rational and make a difference in the world.

I am not sure what your argument was to begin with? The video is just a mean to an end. Check out their wiki if you're sceptical.

> Veeky Forums the video
> lots of close-ups of online IQ test results with dramatic music interspersed with rocket launches

>logicnation.org/Testimonies

Wow, a bunch of teenage and twentysomething dude think they became logical gods overnight. That's never happened before. I wonder why none of them learned how to break up paragraphs?

I do have to agree with you that there is a LOT of placebo "clickers" that just have deep identity issues, although I think the organization is on to "something".

It's not my job to debate the guy. The leader probably understands how much religion can affect the brain, and he is using it to persuade people into thinking that they can unlock some divine power, in this case the divine power is increased mental capacity.

If what he's speaking of gets people to read more, and doesn't fool people into purchasing crap or harming others, then that's fine by me.

However, what happens whenever a mentally handicapped person wants to reach this enlightened state?

>God

That's yesterday's meme. Get with the times granny, the s i m u l a t i o n is where it's at.

I wouldn't call it enlightenment, just aligning with reality, but I suppose a mentally disabled person would just be a more functioning member of society, they would become very happy as they logically would be less inclined to do heavy work, and without identity, they could just enjoy the ride, per se.

what the fuck this is just a mystical interpretation of my romantic views on moral and dualism

>I suppose a mentally disabled person would just be a more functioning member of society, they would become very happy as they logically would be less inclined to do heavy work, and without identity, they could just enjoy the ride, per se.

Why is it that all the 'logic' you and the cult talk about sounds like ordinary informal reasoning?

"moralism" it's just logic and reason, connecting it to your reward system, it's actually simple as shit, but people misinterpret it. I don't blame them though

Because you forget the axiomatic implications that follow their line of reasoning. You really have to think critically and look past all the bullshit, to see the very real impact a LOGICALLY derived society would have. They do not call it singularity group for no reason.

The author has been working on this for 17 years, he recently got his proof of concept and they are currently doing peer review about their scientific discovery, not that the average laymen care about papers and facts.

Literally Spinoza, Einstein, Sagan, lessing has been talking about this, waiting for a proof of concept, it's just for the scientific community to evaluate it now.

I click too user. Every day I take my prescribed vyvanse and hit up the library for a couple of hours to expand my mind.

I never knew the place I visited every day could actually be referred to as a place of worship.

The world needs you man, use your knowledge and put it to work.

>Because you forget the axiomatic implications that follow their line of reasoning. You really have to think critically and look past all the bullshit, to see the very real impact a LOGICALLY derived society would have. They do not call it singularity group for no reason.

Again, does this "logic" mean "formal reasoning" or "thinking, except smart"? Can you say what a contrapositive is without looking up?

I never claimed to have logic as my core value, I wouldn't be here intellectually masturbating if that was the case. The movement is about having the biggest impact, but if you want to really want a show, you can debate the guy now, everyone is too much of a pussy to debate him anyways, it's almost sad to watch.

But you seem pretty taken with the concept and like you know a lot about it. Can you point to any actual formal logic used by the singularity group, at all?

Be confident in yourself, but not so confident that you end up contradicting yourself because you give yourself the room to accept the fact that you could be wrong, is one way that one goes about things when you think critically for example, regarding logic, english is my second language and I mostly study science, not read so much rhetorical definitions, but I do understand the syntax.

Here is something I wrote down a while ago, to define my own framework, just for an example.
" cognitive dissonance arrives from wanting structure and purpose, while simultaneously holding the contradictory belief that that all my of my actions are inherently flawed and based upon social conditioned lies.
To solve this, instead of ”beating myself up over it” by emotionally attaching myself to a past tense identity while trying to live up to conditioned expectations of my current world view, I can relax myself with the notion that all i need to do to escape these patterns is by actively bolstering the neural pathways responsible for self awareness and reason, which is made possible through regular meditation, reflection in neuroscience and exercise, by keeping blood(oxygen) flowing to the brain and having a good diet consisting of omega 3 fatty acids, different vitamins from supplements, fruits and vegetables, with a stabilized input of lean proteins, carbohydrates and staying hydrated. "

This could come across as validation seeking, but w/e, these are just my own thoughts:

"by doing what logically makes sense, which is learning about your brain and consciousness, other questions suddenly become irrelevant and as you stabilize and build up a logical structure from reflecting and meditation on research, confidence will naturally flow out the drive to accept concepts and reality, reducing cognitive dissonance, without limiting yourself as you think in probabilities and keep an open frame of reference.

validation seeking mind set is not something you have to necessarily think about as it will through time, no longer be a part of your neural activity, having a solid foundation.
you only need to be cautious when you are in social situations where these patterns usually arrive.

questioning whether or not you are intelligent is irrelevant as learning is something that everyone should do to their best ability. Not being perfect is a motivational aspect as you have the insight that you have the potential to grow even further. it’s more or less about awareness which comes through active thinking and learning.

you were not designed to be happy, you were designed to do the things that make you happy.
when going against reality or mainly holding contradictory beliefs cognitive dissonance arises, canceling out brainwaves, making you less aware and inhibits growth.
meditation is important as it lowers the activity of the amygdala and strengthens the hippocampus, while contributing to neurogenesis

right now, the most effective thing for me is to work on myself and increase my potential in an altruistic working environment.
raising my own awareness."

>Science Finds God?
good example of Betteridge's Law of Headlines

>the secret

The secret is absolute trash
"Law of attraction" gtfo lmao