We're going to live forever guys

the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/47719/title/Induced-Pluripotent-Stem-Cells-Show-Signs-of-Donor-Age/

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3666883/The-Texas-immortal-village-Life-extension-lab-house-50-000-frozen-bodies-one-day-brought-life.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im 25 and have pancreatic cancer, i doubt this new advancement will ever reach me

Well that's depressing.

Okay somebody explain the article to a brainlet.

What its basically saying is that donated young cells act like young cells on an older body and the older body is okay with the young cells with no repercussions and the body acts like its younger?

Fuck off cancer fag, how many threads have you posted this in yet?

jews will live forever and rule over the brown goyim as YHVH promised

No seriously can somebody actually explain it to me.

No the point of IPSC's is to have the self as the donor (so that there is no autoimmune effect). So what they are really saying is that if you want to hop on the immortality train, you must do it while you are young. Then, you will, as the song goes, stay forever young.

If an old person does the same, it will have little effect because the mutation profile is essentially the same.

god dammit

I don't think you can draw that conclusion from their actual paper at all. It seems like if you had an overwhelmingly massive amount of young cells overwhelm the older cells, then things might look different. They point specifically to this in their paper, further study is definitely needed.

>Must do it while you are young.
How young? I'm not even in my twenties yet and broke as shit, and I know I can't afford IPSC treatment, will it work if I'm like in my 40's?

What's the deadline age for old? 70-80?
Thanks for explaining it too Anons.

Again, the point of IPSC is to reduce or eliminate the risk of donor rejection (since it is autodonation). What you're suggesting would require either:
1. Frozen cells from a younger you
2. Cells from someone else.

The first is fine, but the latter encounters the donor rejection problem.

Maybe you. I'm black and killing myself before I have to spend eternity as a negro.

I guess I could live indefinitely and just change bodies when we reach a gits future, but even if nobody else would know, I would know.

Does this mean SENS and Calico have become irrelevant along with nanotechnology to achieve immortality?

Also wondering this. How much does it cost to keep some cells in cold storage? I'm currently 20 and figure it's probably best to do it before 30.

Brutal, but i agree with you.

I have no idea, but the cost will likely diminish over time. It's a good idea to also keep some bone marrow on the ice.

Hopefully so. I remember hearing about baby tooth stem cell banking and badgered my parents to do as a little kid but they refused. If I miss the ticket to immortality because of that, the whole bloodline's going down.

user you can always wait for nanotechnology to become biologically immortal, or regenerative medicine.

Would humanity creating immortality this century be considered one of its greatest achievements?

He's right, the jews and their wealthy white pawns will have access to this while the measily goyim continue to slave away into the forecoming millennia

How the fuck do you guys infer imortality from this experiment?

If you open up to God's message for you you will be saved. God invented dope to cure cancer so get smoking brainy. You'll make it.

Climate change, unstable world, immortal... If you are immoral and fall down a pit you can't get out of you're not much better off than before.

Did you get radio therapy yet (please say no)?
How big are the tumors?
How many does not matter.

I hope I can live up to that point user. I'm 22 and I feel fairly optimistic about these developments.

If I wasn't studying Informatics right now, I'd be very much interested in biological immortality research. Too bad your life is too short to do everything you really want to do.

Isn't that exactly why you would do immortality research though?

contextual awareness/10

Yes, but I chose Informatics instead and now I'm trying to achieve my goal and complete my studies before I move to another field.

kek, underrated

Was the initial poster a troll on his own, or is it just a stupid child that picked up the story and tried to ridicule it?

Pancreatic cancer is not fun, and lots of young people die of cancer.
So fuck of with that joke.

You get new cells imitating the old cells with new cell telomere length. You can become cellularly immortal and therefore never die of old age when you read telomere caps at 130. Also if you start early and use new cells imitating new cells, you could in theory halt aging at the point where you started doing the treatment, or at the very least slow it down dramatically. You'll still be able to get cancer and other diseases though.

It'd be pretty cool if they use stem cells to create an artificial organ designed for your body that creates new stem cells that nanobots can deliver to the rest of your body. Basically you eat food and treat yourself indefinitely instead of continually getting more stem cells from the docs.

Hey so what's the best major to research immortality? I'm a chem major, but I'm thinking about specializing in a biology field for grad school, I just don't know which one. I was thinking either Molecular Bio or Biochem, but I heard that it matters more what research you do. I'm thinking that the same kind of field that researches cancer and stem cells will be the field I'm looking for.

Are there any biochemical/biomolecular/biomedical researchers here or is everyone here a double PhD Physicist/Mathematician with a 4.0 who made 300k a year starting?

Molecular biology to work in synthetic biology.

Okay cool that's probably what I was gonna go for anyway.

Use your life insurance to freeze yourself.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3666883/The-Texas-immortal-village-Life-extension-lab-house-50-000-frozen-bodies-one-day-brought-life.html

This sounds like a pretty neat idea while you're waiting for it to be developed

>It'd be pretty cool if they use stem cells to create an artificial organ designed for your body that creates new stem cells that nanobots can deliver to the rest of your body. Basically you eat food and treat yourself indefinitely instead of continually getting more stem cells from the docs.

That would take decades, or probably hundreds of years to make user.

and it's for this very reason that the rhetorical thrust of OP's post must never be allowed to become a reality.

All this scientific optimism gives me headaches. Do you try to just live your life to its fullest or do you put all your ressources into life preservation? Should you start reading current nutrition research to find out what food is best for you? It feels like if we really achieve some sort of immortality soon regrets will be multiplied and you will feel a lot worse for being poor, ugly or having health issues or disabilities.

Nutrition doesn't matter that much. You should donate to the SENS foundation. Aubrey de Grey will save you

nanotechnology was never relevant in the first place

>Acquire immortality
>Now have to stop the universe from ending.
So what's your next big step in your plan Veeky Forums

Making young girls into magical girls to harvest their energy!

This fact made me feel depressed user

heat death of the universe is a chinese hoax

>the-scientist.com
Dropped.

kek

Travel to a young universe.
And keep doing this for an eternity.

Obviously use pocket dimensions

Or reset the universe the way Kek intended and acquire the Genesis Tadpole

Are there even other universes? Or parallel ones?