Read a "classic" novel

>read a "classic" novel
>its usually about some fag struggling with feels
>its usually long and meandering
>shrug, pretend like you enjoyed it, move on with life

>read philosophical work
>its usually about some fag's completely subjective conjectures about the nature of reality and things in it, even though he has no actual proof and there are thousands of equally respected works with opposite viewpoints
>shrug, pretend like this idiocy made you smarter, move on with life

>read a science fiction novel
>its usually about colourful, imaginitive futuristic worlds, creatives technologies, mindbending ideas, unique stories, memorable characters and exciting look at ourselves through the twisted mirror of human imagination
>enjoy your time with the book, and keep it as a warm memory

Why are you still wasting time on boring shit that dulls the mind, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9u-ZPTz8_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

holy... i want more...

I kind of understand your reasoning but for me it was the opposite. I read both Dune and Hyperion and both were shite and since those are regarded as the great SF novels I discarded the entire genre.
I still like some P.K.Dick novels although I wouldn't classify him as strictly SF.

the only science fiction I like is Evangelion

reminder that e7 did it better

>Hyperion
>shite
I'll fooking end you m8

>lauds genre fiction that dulled his mind into absolute degeneracy
>Why are you still wasting time on boring shit that dulls the mind, Veeky Forums?
you have to be more subtle next time

>that ugly fucking picture with its terrible color economy
Why was 70s sci-fi so bad?

the only science fiction I like is either Vonnegut or the occasional well-done short story

Even when I was younger I couldn't stand reading sci-fi and thought it was boring, preferring fantasy over it, but to each their own.

back to your sffg containment thread plebs

The problem is you.

The problem is you are a child.

Granted it had some ok and even some solid parts it was mostly below average desu

>below average

Compared to what?

I think you mean fantasy.

Sci fi novels are just based on threadbare philosophy with wooden one dimensional good guys taking down the even more wooden and one dimensional baddies because because muh bringing morality to muh universe.

Compared to any literary fiction.

No feels in this book, or Ulysses. You might enjoy Kafka and Borges, too.

>Borges
Wish I knew spicish
Library of Babel is my favourite short story
youtube.com/watch?v=E9u-ZPTz8_A

It isn't that difficult to learn, user. It's worth it. Borges translations are so different from the originals.

To each their own, faggot.

I approve of this post.