Why aren't you this smart Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you this smart Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hBW4S9xcTOk
scribd.com/doc/233602815/Barnetts-Identity-Pdf1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Call me when he solves an open problem.

Why is he writing on a window? Does he want to be in a movie or something?

What a shitty childhood.

Let me know when he contributes something and isn't being exploited to promote the university he is attending.

Have you ever seen any of these gifted kids contributed anything to science, got Noble or something?

I kinda regret that no media ever called me some genius robo kid or something when I was 15 and was modding my Mindstorms to have low level access to bluetooth and other hardware to control it using programs I wrote for my phone. Maybe I would skip education straight to university and get some more toys.

>writing software
>Nobel

Lel faggot nigger. GTFO

kek'd

My parents didn't shove textbooks and tutors up my ass from age 4 and actually let me enjoy my childhood

Since when astrophysicists write software?

Ever since they needed programs to simulate astrophysics.

>masters student
>astrophysicist
>no phd

WhAt did they mean by this?

>being this retarded

I love how every time a childhood prodigy appears Veeky Forums tries to make it that they could have been one too given the right circumstances, and then shits on the kid.

Hyper-intelligent people exist. Get used to it.

They use that software as a tool. Writing scripts in python for simulating/testing their calculations is not an actual Software Development.

Show me these Hyper-inteligent childhood prodigy who contributed to science in significant way in their adult life.

Jelly brainlets
>muh childhood
Yeah, playing vidya and fapping to 20 sec sample clips and TGP sites, what a great childhood

Are you retarded in some way or just pretending?

Unabomber.

You spelt autistic wrong.

Terrence tao and norbert wiener

also there are many chess prodigies who are quite successful now like magnus carlsen, karjakin and hikaru nakamura and once bobby fischer

>millions of lines of physics code is somehow not software
>implying these giant codebases can be maintained without proper software development practices

You literally have no idea what scientific computing is, do you?

>not smart enough to buy a whiteboard

Hi Jake. Can you help me do my homework on infinite series?

Interesting. But were they promoted by media when they were young, like the kid in OP?
It's expected that geniuses do amazing things while being kids, but I meant people who are being shown on media and then everyone forgets about them.

No, I don't.
All I heard was some posts from scientists from /g/ or Veeky Forums who were talking about making quick and dirty scripts in Python at work, just to do proof of concepts. They were just simple one time things and I assumed this is how they write they software when they need to do something themselves and that professional scientific software are not written by these researchers. I might be wrong though.

john von neumann

Gauss

Someone is mad.

There was a child "prodigy" PhD student (17y.o.) at my uni who was constantly being awarded these "30 under 30" type of things but only had one first author "pub" which was just actually just a letter to the editor. He didn't seem to mind the attention tho.

Two things faggots:

1) A child prodigy is only ever really branded one when the media, or academia pays moderate attention to them. Ergo, there are probably 37,355,999 child geniuses around the world, the majority of them not in the public of academic eye.

2) The majority of media-darling child geniuses end up amounting to nothing, or become mentally ill and have a breakdown (due to not having had a childhood).

Einstein did quite well, despite being a child prodigy, same for Neumann and Gödel.

Agreed!

>Show me these Hyper-inteligent childhood prodigy who contributed to science in significant way in their adult life.
Literally every famous scientist ever

This is your ((((((genius)))))) kid
youtube.com/watch?v=hBW4S9xcTOk

Fucking keking kekington, I didn't know this was a Veeky Forums cringe thread?

It's quite saddening to see some of these nowadays prodigies having such glory hungry parents.

"They said Hawking could think in three-dimensions"
"Yeah, but I can think in four and five"
Well, is not he an snowflake?

Terence Tao was hyped as fuck by the media. I'd post links but I'm on mobile now

Poor upbringing. Public schooling. No education. That's about it.

Doing mathematical operations on a transparent surface is the way of the future.

He's 12. He's also being treated like a special snowflake by all of the adults in the room and, being a dumb 12 year old, has assumed this position himself.

that interviewer is a dick

>you couldnt say it better

This makes me realize that there isn't a real way for most people to accelerate through school. I think this is where a lot of the "lazy but smart" comes from. Being too smart for regular classes but still being stuck in them and their pace for a decade must have a major effect on the psyche. Who knows how many people never get out of the situation until it is too late.

It's nature not nurture you racist.

Life is not fair. But who says life should be fair? Sure, a lot of people did. But those people failed to realize that life IS not fair. Saying isn't doing.

>we shouldn't try to solve this problem because problems are inherently part of life

genuine autism or bait, I can't tell anymore

but he train since child

Einstein failed Calculus, he wasn't a child prodigy
I'm too smart for calculs too but it won't stop me revolutionizing science

>Einstein failed calculus
That's just what they tell the stupid kids. He was leagues above his classmates in mathematics.

He should have said "k-dimensions" it would have been funnier.

I leave symbol manipulation up to my computer.
I have better uses for my brain's processing power.

this little dude is so smart it hurts
and what else than dedicating your entire life to raise him properly would parents do?

Lel

you bait, but I genuinely loved this part of my childhood. Honestly, I could've been a "child prodigy" too, but I wouldn't've given it up for my childhood. I'm fine with studying at the best university in the world at the age of 19.

Let me know when he actually gets a job

i like you

>best university in the world
everyone thinks their university is the best

Because I'm actually enjoying life instead of being an autistic fuck.

Why didn't he just used Weierstrass theorem for series. He could limit upper part to 1 and lower to >1, and bang. God. I'm so much smarter than this kid.

This.
t. Arizona State grad

Terence Tao is doing pretty well for himself

>everyone thinks their university is the best

but still carry the shame that they weren't good enough to get into harvard, MIT, stanford, or caltech

>In 1935, a rabbi in Princeton showed him a clipping of the Ripley’s column with the headline “Greatest living mathematician failed in mathematics.” Einstein laughed. “I never failed in mathematics,” he replied, correctly. “Before I was fifteen I had mastered differential and integral calculus.” In primary school, he was at the top of his class and “far above the school requirements” in math. By age 12, his sister recalled, “he already had a predilection for solving complicated problems in applied arithmetic,” and he decided to see if he could jump ahead by learning geometry and algebra on his own. His parents bought him the textbooks in advance so that he could master them over summer vacation. Not only did he learn the proofs in the books, he also tackled the new theories by trying to prove them on his own. He even came up on his own with a way to prove the Pythagorean theory.

That's not much of a failure.

I really hope Barnett solves something of significance, just see the bitter tiers of Veeky Forums running.

They didn't have the letter u. change it to a v

The series doesn't converge you retard.

Part of me thinks being this smart would make you even more unhappy unless you were autistic and able to just focus only on work.

A normal person gets gratification from simple tasks. This kid will only get gratification from the most difficult, possibly impossible, tasks.

It was a joke.

> bitter tiers
wew lad

lazy

scribd.com/doc/233602815/Barnetts-Identity-Pdf1
yeah a real prodigy huh?

kek

y-you're j-j-j-just j-j-jealous!!!

>doing science for prizes
yeah the money's good, but the prize is fucking meaningless validation. It's like a circlejerk. It's like the oscars, the grammys, whatever.

Rather a lack of preparation for the pressure of becoming a super star.

The really good ones aren't very prone to shame or they'd be out-managed rather quickly.

>Being this butt mad and desperate to make someone look insecure.

Oh wow.

I was being sarcastic you autist

Euler

If you are able to solve all of what is necessary for the curriculum, wouldn't it be noticed?

>a literal window licker

lmao

I suppose that depends a lot on what kind of school/teacher you have, but generally it goes like this.

>Here solve these problems.
>Okay I solved them.
>Really? They were supposed to take you the whole lesson. Nevermind, here's some more. They're not any harder or more profound, just more of the same.
>I solved them.
>Solve some more.
>I solved them.
>Solve some more.

Eventually the student realises that the only winning strategy is to finish the first batch of problems, stay quiet about it, and spend the rest of the class drawing boobies in his coursebook.

Cambridge is objectively the best uni in the world my man

Isn't Princeton U #1 in the latest rankings?

It might surprise you, but getting prizes is not the only way you can "contribute anything to science".

> Noble

Aside from all the baits ITT, real talk now.

You need "play" in your formative years for proper development (physical and mental).
Hell, play is all you need for the first 12 years of your life. And no, "playing with numbers" does not count.
Physical activity with mental challenges. Running around, digging through mud, building a wooden house, making spears and bows, even picking flowers if you are lightly on spectrum... But the most important thing, doing it with other children.
If a child doesn't go through that part of his childhood it won't be properly developed.

I would argue that educational staff would take early notice of a child's ability to learn. The kid in the OP had apparently sucked in school though and it was only after an environment change that he was able to shine.

Could any average person increase their intelligence to a genius level through a desire to learn?

>all those salty fucks in the comments
20 year old undergraduates are really insecure.

>talking about your son like he isnt even in the room while he sits two inches away from you
>those made up stories about sitting down on a piano and playing beethoven

lol

Ah yes, I sure don't get sarcasm. That's why I do it all the time.

> Who is Terence

lmao

>increase IQ
No, not unless you had access to confidential memory and learning drugs, but you'd be suprised where even the average can go if the love and desire is present.

Alas though, school was too much bullshit and not enough personal mentorship for me. I had performed better than thousands of kids and I ended up in low-level classes in that sector because I didn't like writing 'class journals' and such. If I had personal mentorship I would have jumped leagues and bounds.

Life isn't always fair.

Couldn't stop laughing at Hegel-Schelling relationship senpai. Schelling was so mad he got btfod he never spoke with Hegel again.

>Einstein
>Child prodigy

lol wut

Is it hard for people to think in three dimensions? What the fuck?

everyone also thinks that their university ranking matters at all at the undergrad level

It matters a whole lot more than at the graduate, desu. If you're publishing at respectable venues it doesn't matter if you're working in some shithole.