Is it too late for a 25 year old who only got up to calc1 to learn enough to make a living in chasing the commercial...

Is it too late for a 25 year old who only got up to calc1 to learn enough to make a living in chasing the commercial fission dream?

Separately, if all I know is highschool level physics, chemistry and calculus, what do I need to start learning to have a comprehensive understanding of fission reactors? are there papers and diagrams and stuff that are public?

>at a bar
>So what do you do?
>me and a bunch of guys are trying to build a star inside a bunch of magnets. mite b cool.

>25 years old
>only high school education
>wants to develop cold fission
>primary motivation is to pick up girls at a bar

I'd just give up now.

/thread

Fission? I think you meant fusion. Commercial fission is a reality.

>>at a bar
>>So what do you do?
>>me and a bunch of guys are trying to build a star inside a bunch of magnets. mite b cool.
A good start might be figuring out the difference between fission and fusion, dipshit.

>wants to build a fission reactor

Good luck OP, this has always been and probably will always remain impossible

You don't want to build one, they don't work and it is a scam made up by (((them))).

I recommend that you should just focus on other parts of your life and everything should be just fine. :^)

You need a master's degree at minimum to be considered to work at a plant. You can be a janitor if you get a bachelors. Or work 80 hours a week as an engineer

I have a BBA in accounting, does that help?

yeah that's what I meant

Whatever, where do I start? I can't afford more school, but I have lots and lots of free time for reading. Always learned better from self study anyway.

>Fission impossible.
>Already hundreds of nuclear plants using FISSION around the globe.
Fuck son, I think you'd better topkek yourself.

Literally topkek yourself, like above user, you uneducated halfwit fucks.

our lord and savior

You answered you own question: get a fucking job.

Sad.

Reminder that this is literally 99% of the human population.

It's not too late but you need to get started ASAP. I went to college at 25 and I'm finishing my masters now. It can be done.

>Reminder that this is literally 99% of the human population.

Could be worse.

You are one stupid fuck

It's only too late because you're interested in it for superficial rewards and to impress people

Sorry, but there is an overwhelming probability that if you have not taken steps towards your goal until the age of 25 then you're not gonna be a nuclear physicist.

What you need it a solid mathematical and engineering background, it would take years to be able to appreciate the papers about this kind of stuff.

If you want to be a scientist your best bet is to get good at programming and take it from there

you guys are alright, don't come to work tomorrow.

Y'all are not nice people. When I start building suns I'm not gonna invite you.

is right, though. You need to have a job so you can afford more schooling. Maybe go to community college for a few years to get cheap intro credits and transfer to a reputable school. If you don't care about time you could spend a year studying the basics before community college. But no matter how you cut it you need money and for that you need a job.

But if you want me to be straight with you, this is a bad idea unless you have a natural talent for math, because fusion reactors aren't exactly popping up in every small town so getting a position working in one is very competitive.

i certainly don't want you to build reactors

Are you just acting stupid on purpose at this point? The sun uses FUSION, not FISSION.

>natural talent for math
yep
im out
time to topkek myself

What was your degree?