Ok its time to challenge this meme once and for all

he was brilliant, but has no accomplishments...

i mean is he really on the same level as someone like Einstein

The Real Question is:
Von Neumann vs. Ramanujan

time for another addition of Veeky Forums calling great scientists brainlets

>but has no accomplishments

>WHAT IS VON NEUMAN ARCHTECTUIRE

Wow so he designed a house, big deal.

math and not science, pleb

Depends what you mean by level, he probably didn't revolutionize math in the same way that Einstein did physics but then again, math was probably more established than physics at that point. There wasn't really as much room to revolutionize the field. He has probably contributed more by sheer volume.

You just made this thread on Monday

He was another black male genius

wat

>Von Neumann
but Neumann wanted WW3, isn't that great?

Actually he wanted to annihilate the soviets before they got nukes. So there wouldn't even be a war, just a one sided massacre.

WE WUZ SCIENTISTS AND SHIT

"Johnny was the only student I was ever afraid of," the mathematician George PĆ³lya once recalled.

The absolute madman.

Heres a quote (more like a fucking novel) by Wigner that hits the head in the nail:
"I have known a great many intelligent people in my life. I knew Planck, von Laue and Heisenberg. Paul Dirac was my brother in law; Leo Szilard and Edward Teller have been among my closest friends; and Albert Einstein was a good friend, too. But none of them had a mind as quick and acute as Jansci [John] von Neumann. I have often remarked this in the presence of those men and no one ever disputed me.

... But Einstein's understanding was deeper even than von Neumann's. His mind was both more penetrating and more original than von Neumann's. And that is a very remarkable statement. Einstein took an extraordinary pleasure in invention. Two of his greatest inventions are the Special and General Theories of Relativity; and for all of Jansci's brilliance, he never produced anything as original."

>thinking anyone ever compares to Da Vinci

von neumann designed functional analysis

that's alright then

Who had more creative insight into math von Neumann or Wiles?

>von Neumann has no accomplishments
gtfo fgt pls

List one hundred and twenty seven (127).

misattributed to him, which says a lot seeing as it's regarded as his greatest accomplishment.

>seeing as it's regarded as his greatest accomplishment.
Are you underage?

Good old Johnny "Bomb all the commies" Von Neuman

>God tier
Euler, Gauss, Newton, Riemann, Cantor

>Great tier
Leibniz, Galois, Lagrange, Poincare, Cauchy, Laplace

>Alright tier
Noether, Erdos, Fermat, Fibonacci

>Meme tier
von Neumann, Ramanujan

>elder enlightened egyptian-aztec primordial deity tier:

hilbert, turing, godel, church, post

logicians btfoing mathlets, as always

Kinda offtopic, but I just realized this while reading these posts: why are there so many famous hungarian scientists? Erdos, Polya, Teller, Szilard, Neumann, and these are just the ones mentioned in this single thread. Wat da fuk?

they're from mars

What the fuck else is there to do in Hungary?

I've been there several times, and believe me, there's plenty to do in the capital city. Other than that I'm not sure... But Budapest is a beautiful "western" city, like Vienna or Paris. (But a lot cheaper of course!)

Hungary had an extremely strong math culture.

trips of truth

Because they had a high Jewish population before the war.

nobody gives a fuck

Pretty dumb for someone so smart. Yet another example of why scientists should stay out of politics. Stay in your labs being autistic and do what you do best.

>memeing this hard