youtu.be/q3TCpzSe4cs?t=20m47s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Portugal higher than USA
kek

does anyone here ever did this test?

oecd.org/pisa/test/

-

Science performance and equity

What does the global pool of top science performers look like?

The quality of student outcomes is about quantity of learning and quality of teaching

The exam looks like a fucking meme. I'm ashamed my country did so poorly.

NZ and Canada are really high up, is it because of the asian immigrants?

Immigrant students’ performance in science by country of origin and destination

No correlation between the share of immigrants students and science performance

The country you go to matters more than the country you come from

Hmm.. it doesn't take into account race and different immigration policies.

You'd really only need to take into account race/immigration for the United States, as the other countries are still fairly homogeneous, memes about "le caliphate of britain" aside.

OY VEY

who cares?

Success breeds jealousy

>mfw living in Dominican Republic
>not surprised by our contry test's performance

Fucking hate this country sometimes

surprised about Italy's relatively poor performance

I don't know why a lot of people forget that South Italy is also part of Italy

hahahaha lmao

Bullshit

youtu.be/q3TCpzSe4cs

youtu.be/q3TCpzSe4cs?t=20m47s

That explains a lot

WE

Its what happens when each family only has 1 kid, suddenly for the same amount of moneyhe is getting a much better education than if every family had 3 kids.
Question is, what does it mean for the long term survival of society.

We already the end result user, you don't have enough people putting money in the system to support the previous generations. Which will most likely result in a health care crash.

So why are singapore teachers better at explaining things scientifically? Genetic superiority?

I live in a country with a survivable birth rate.

>Genetic superiority?
Here is the ethnic breakdown of the Resident population of Singapore (i.e. Citizens and Permanent Residents, around 71% of the population) in 2015
74.3% Chinese
13.3% Malay
9.1% Indian
3.2% Other

The data point for Singapore is misleading. There's more to it. The private/home tuition industry in Asia, especially so in SE Asia, is crazy huge. Practically every parent who can afford it, has a private tutor for their child. Once you factor that into the model, it'll paint a different picture.

These kids in Asia are probably more privileged (educationally) than their counterparts in Europe/N.America. Their parents pay a lot for private tutors.

The problem with these high performing asian countries is that the kids grow up in a society where rigid, regimented views are imposed upon them. Getting good grades has been emphasized to an unhealthy degree.

Go to school. Go for private tuition classes. Get straight As. Participate in some extracurricular activity so that it'll balance your CV/application. That's the ideal. The competition is crazy.

The problem is that these societies are a lot less organic and any deviation from the accepted norm is very likely to considered a failure. Encouraging individuality and nurturing children to be better, all-rounded people are what's lacking in these countries.

New Zealand beat Australia, only thing that matters

Who is successful?
You?