Stationary

>ITT Favorite writing instruments, pens and pencils.
>Favorite paper and note taking methods.
>Bonus points if you show some of your work.
>Extra bonus points for gentlemanly penmanship.

Whatever I can steal from my students. Barely use a pen for anything

>live dangerously

DAILY REMINDER THAT IF YOU DO NOT DO MATHEMATICS IN PEN THEN YOU ARE A CERTIFIED PUSSY FAGGOT WITH A TINY DICK.

Shitposting aside, pic related for proof. When you are a mathematical genius you don't need pencils. Those are all midterms and they are all 100%. Top is from calc 2 and bottom is from number theory, all from this semester boi.

>Favorite writing instruments
Pen with a powerful black ink. One that will really mark the page. From my picture check out the bottom right and bottom left tests, that is the kind of ink I like.

>Favorite paper
Any paper that will look good with my ink so mostly white and also has to be tough because my ink can damage thin paper.

>Note taking methods

I only copy theorems and definitions, no proofs or examples. That way you keep things compact and makes it easy to study. If you know all the definitions and theorems then you literally cannot fail anything.

>show me some of your work
pic related boi

>gentlemanly penmanship

Oh...

Oh...

Well... you know. You can't be perfect at everything you know.

For some reason my shit got flipped so my examples for best ink is top left and right.

Damn user. Your power level is high, and you know it.
OP has commitment issues, and thus likes Tombow Mono 100 HB pencils and blank heavy spiral bound computer paper best. Will show some of my shitty algebra work soon.

You know it man. Even my graphs for volume of revolution problems are in pen. I fear fucking nothing. I FEAR NOTHING.

Pic related is an example of what happens when I fuck up because my IQ was too high and I, instead of solving the integral, proved the riemann hypothesis and had to scratch all that because that is not what the question was asking.

I fucking scratch it all and tell the bitch ass brainlet professor "ATRAS". And all you Dora the Nigger fans sure know 'atras' means BEHIND.

That is how I roll. Everyday I wake up, smoke my weed, pack my pens and go prove more theorems.

Panamá es un país creado por el imperialismo yanqui. una colonia, prácticamente.
how come you are allowed to keep your exams, Leonel??

don't have a picture but i always write notes on my legal yellow paper with the ripout pages. That or graph paper.

im an engineer btw

>Panamá es un país creado por el imperialismo yanqui. una colonia, prácticamente.
No soy el pero
>Venezuela pls

It's stationery, you fucking mongoloid.

>implicando que soy venezolano
>implicando que lo que dije no es una verdad histórica irrefutable

>>implicando que lo que dije no es una verdad histórica irrefutable
Nah pues como sea, no soy centroamericano

Pero no puedes pararlos de todas formas, nisiquiera tener a todos los paises latinoamericanos podriamos con EUA

My thread went full beanermode.
Well shit.
All this time....

Yeah yeah, alright

I just fucking write it on computer, i don't fucking like writing on paper but if it's neccesary then i will
Yes i'm too autistic but eh, you got my answer now

Also, thread is too late now, wait for tomorrow in the morning

I just do everything in pen on the nearest peice of paper possible. My handwriting is atrocious and sometimes everything is all over the page but who gives a fuck amirite?

I'm looking for a powerful black ink, but not so powerful that it bleeds through. Any recommendations?

I HATE when it bleeds through. Even when it doesn't I don't use the back side of the paper most of the time just because I don't like how it looks, but I HATE bleed through.

up top senpai

i've always been given shit for it but was still got far better results than others who took fancy organized notes and shit

I think the bleed through thing can be solved best with good paper, not necessarily good ink.

Does this qualify as good penmanship ?

It's atrás, you illiterate fuck.

Looking bretty gud user. My writing is shit, but I can read it. ha.

I use to always use cheap pens and regular lined paper but recently I've been getting into cheap mechanical pencils

I might suggest getting a decent mechanical pencil. Rotring and TWSBI make really really good types. It'll cost you twenty bucks, but it's worth it.

Pilot G2 07s are what I use for pretty much everything. Wouldn't exactly call them powerful but they're cheap, and I do almost everything in pen because of how much I like writing with them.

DAILY REMINDER THAT IF YOU DO NOT ROTATE YOUR PIC'S TO PROPARLY ALIGN YOU ARE A CERTIFIED PUSSY FAGGOT WITH A TINY DICK.

Y'alls don't even know about the power of whiteboards.

>more room than any notebook page
>erases perfectly every time
>infinite room for mistakes to be made, identified, and changed
>snap a pic of the board if you're satisfied with what's on it
>then erase it and start all over again

>mistakes

fingers dipped in virgin period blood
writing obviously walls

>copying theorems but not the proofs

Your theorems are lonely without their proofs tho! You must copy both or neither imo.

These are what I use too. Great pens.

it's OK to skip the proofs if you need a concise set of notes. everything else you can look up in a textbook.
unless you need to prove shit on exams

If I need to prove shit on exams then I do so logically. Memorizing proofs is a meme and as such I do not copy them.

so you don't even take a look at the proofs and hope you can prove anything?
i dont memorise my notes.I study them.

i`m just finishing up my third semester and I still have no idea how to take notes.

Can someone give me some tips?

>note taking methods
yeah I guess if you only copy equations and theorems then you're notes will be cleaner. But without profs examples how do you prepare for the tests?
In my experience so far, most exam questions are always variations of lecture examples, textbook hardly helps.

When professors prove theorems I pay close attention. So close I can usually recall what they did.

Copying would just be a distraction really. Or sometimes, when I like a theorem, I try to prove it on my own before the professor is done and sometimes I get nice alternative proofs that then the professor lets me copy on the board.

Math professors are chill

I prepare for test by memorizing definitions and theorems.

Again, if you know all definitions and theorems then it is literally impossible for you to get anything wrong.

When the content is dense I try to only memorize the first theorems and the last theorems, confident in that I could prove the rest if I needed to apply it in the exam.

Examples distort your perception of a topic.

Proofs distort your perception of what you know. You read a proof and think 'oh, I got it' but then are asked to prove on a test and you are fucked.

>ITT: Brainlets don't colorcode

>Again, if you know all definitions and theorems then it is literally impossible for you to get anything wrong.

You've clearly never taken a class beyond first year calculus.

>lose good-quality pen that costs more than a low-end smartphone
>100% chance of whoever finds it keeping it for themselves
>lose low-end smartphone
>almost always handed in to lost&found

Why is it that of all valuable items, pens are okay to steal?

>Calling people brainlets
>taking intro chem

Someone screencap this and share with other boards.

Please.

This is literally the worse thing I have seen on Veeky Forums.org.

Beyond cringe, hemorrhaging autism, I can smell the body odor and tooth decay, deplore the anorexic frame covered in age inappropriate attire, and lament the obvious: an intelligent over-educated child crying for affiliation and acceptance in this posting.

Sad!

I was hoping it was satire.

I wrote my Calc II final with a Lamy 2000

Can you be any more of a pre-med Freshman?

Don't tell me people use pencils past elementary school.

This. For writing nobody uses pencils any longer around here. It feels like shit to write with them, it has bad contrast, looks bad and smears easily.

>an intelligent over-educated child crying

Let's not assume he's intelligent or over-educated just because he's doing highschool mathematics.

People just probably don't feel sympathy for someone who's rich enough to buy $500 pens

>replying to a 3 day old post.
I commend you for doing well, but I'm 18 and in high school and I can tell that is pleb math. I've done more calculus and number theory than that.

Please find another way to brag.

>using an obsolete medium
For what purpose?

this is high school level math.....

>In high school
>I've done more number theory than that

Really? Wow. So you are in high school and you already constructed the integers in modern set theory?

Holy shit. Did you learn the ZF axioms in primary? I bet you did champ! Great on you. What is this amazing advanced school that teaches set theory to kids? Please do tell because I'm sending my kids there for sure.

Actually, after looking at my pic again I see that one of the papers is a proof for the rationals forming a field.

HOLY SHIT.
Your high school teaches abstract algebra? Holy fuck. Tell me at what time do you have your group theory and ring theory classes!

Man you must be a fucking genius. He knows about algebraic structures IN HIGH SCHOOL.

10/10 man. We got the next terence tao right here.

"I did that in highschool lol"-shitposters officially BTFO. Now on suicide watch.

How will these kids pretending to be geniuses EVER recover?

This paper and a pencil. Also the notebook binders I have it in.

Pssch... kid....

>goes to literally one of the shittiest universities on the planet
>does OK in first year classes he should have taken in high school
>thinks he isn't a brainlet

lol get back to me when you've taken a real course at a real school

>prove the rationals form a field

Holy fuck, you're a slobbering retard. I actually did this in high school. Fields are taken before real analysis, which is a first year course at my uni. Kill yourself brainlet

>itt brainlets who don't use hybrid ink
or Hi Uni 2B

>rationals form a field

Confirmed for retard. My 6-year-old son could do that. It's literally checking the field axioms. You should be ashamed that your pathetic excuse for a university even asks students to do such a trivial task.

Oooh, boy, what's that notebook? Looks good as fuck for math.

What's your favorite type of polymer lead, Veeky Forums?

its called seyes or french ruled paper

That's fucking neat, not the guy that asked but I'll be using that in the future.

If it didn't have that space at the top it would be beautiful.
It's supposed to be for teachers' marks or something but I like a functional minimalist look.

Of course you are being completely unreasonable with your insults regarding primary school. I'm just telling you that your attitude isn't justified and, if you wish to brag, you should find another way to do it.

But yes, we do learn set theory and number theory, as well as calc and multivariable calc. I'm sorry that upsets you.

Not pretending to be a genius at all. Is my initial claim that he should find another way to brag unjustified?

"When you are a mathematical genius you don't need pencils. Those are all midterms and they are all 100%. Top is from calc 2 and bottom is from number theory, all from this semester boi."

Should we praise you for doing that?

Quel cours?

Thanks!

This. I haven't actually bought a writing utensil in two years, I just take the ones that people leave behind.

I'd like to use fountain pen more, I've gotten really into the hobby, but they're not conducive to quick notetaking, what with the smearing and all. Mainly I've just adopted high quality paper and rollerball pens.
Notes are taken with a .38mm pilot juice on clairefontaine, psets are done on engineering pads or rhodia dot pads, exams are taken with a pentel twist-erase 0.7 mech pencil, because I'm a brainlet with no balls.

>ITT Favorite writing instruments, pens and pencils.
I generally prefer to write with pen. I like to use Staedtler Pigment Liners, but they run out of ink fast as fuck so I end up using Pentel RSVPs more often. Honestly though, as long as whatever I'm writing with doesn't get gummed up and just leaves dark clear lines on the page I don't really care.

When I use pencils I like to use Pentel P205s because they work well enough, and they're cheap enough that when I inevitably leave one behind somewhere it doesn't matter. Honestly though, pencils fucking suck to write with.

>Favorite paper and note taking methods.
I just use those coil-bound notebooks that you can get for cheap at Staples or whatever 99% of the time.

>Bonus points if you show some of your work.
>Extra bonus points for gentlemanly penmanship.
No my penmanship is embarassing.

I really wanna take an exam with mine, but it's an M and would bleed and feather through my uni's standard issue shit quality printer paper as if it were tissue.

That 4 colored pen. Shits great for keeping track of theorems and definitions and proofs. Only downside is I click like a maniac in class

I like it for studying so I can do mad problems but if I ever plan on looking at it again paper is best

needs more white space

>taking the bait

Pen for everything except examens

favorite writing instruments
>red/green/blue/black uni jetstreams for notes and homeworks
>0.5mm pencil in HB for exams (4B on crappy blue book)

favorite paper
>5mm grid rhodia
>like 4mm grid the best, but that's hard to find
>1/4" grid for taking notes at lecture

does anyone know of a good spiral bound notebook with 1/4" grid? composition bind is uncomfortable on small tables

my tips are dont take notes for several classes in one book, start each lecture on a fresh page, leave a page buffer between each lecture so you have somewhere to write observations/corrections/revelations when you review your notes.

color coding personal preference, but i'd suggest having a pen color in which you write your own personal questions, comments, and reminders in your margins during lecture so you don't confuse them with what's come from the board.

You should try the Pentel Smash.
If you like the P205 but want a metal grip it's good.
>That 4 colored pen
also claled a multipen
.5mm pencil in HB for exams (4B on crappy blue book)
Have you found a way to make the 4B lead not wear away so that the point gets really fat?
I love the darkness of 4B but my letters, at least, look nicer in 2B because they're skinnier.

uni's kuru-toga line has a rotation mechanism that turns the lead every time the pencil leaves the page which gives you consistent line. the pipe-slide model in particular is good for 4B because it turns about twice the rate of other versions-- though it does only come in 0.5mm.

>penmanship
>pencil

pick one

>lined paper
>no green pen
what the hell is that, wide rule?

I have the Alpha Grip kuru toga and can't use it because it rotates too slowly.
I should try out his new one.

I have one of these and they're awesome, you write more fluidly and comfortably. It feels almost like a pen with how smoothly it writes.

Got one of these the other day.

When I write with them I constantly get the sharp side of the lead if I am using too soft a grade.

I usually write with a pencil and put down whatever seems most forgettable.

>>ITT Favorite writing instruments, pens and pencils.
Laserjet 3, 4, 5, 6 etc
absolut favorite ! Pen / pencil are ok for when u r in retro land ..--outside or whatever

>not using pentel smash

GET ON MY LEVEL

I just wanted to let you know that you're doing literally babby-tier math and that I unironically was at that level early in high school (and not just me, anyone that I know who has basically any aptitude for mathematics whatsoever).

1èreS

Wowie! A four year old in high school! You must be REALLY SMART squirt!

Good handwriting, Scooter! I'm sure you'll be able to write that love letter to Sally with a little help!

What's with everyone writing in pen or boasting their bravery for using pen?
Why ever would you write down something if you wasn't sure it was correct?
Are you like situational retards where your iq drops to 0 when you begin writing 25% of the time?

>Taking remedial chemistry
>Thinking they're hot shit
Go back to highschool, scrub

>brainlets not using the Pentel Smash

>not a rotring 600

Do yo guys rewrite your notes or just consider is as wasted time?