Am I a cuck for liking this book?

Am I a cuck for liking this book?

You're not a cuck until you cuck yourself

You're a cuck for asking.

Could you chicken people go cluck elsewhere.

You are a cuck if you willingly allow your romantic or sexual partner to have other partners besides you. Otherwise, no.

Read it to your wife's son and see what he thinks.

Are you a nu-male?

>seeking the approval of the absolute dregs that have Veeky Forums-inluenced political philosophy

I am reading this right now. It's good as fuck dude. This is a stupid thread though. Can we actually change the direction of this thread from this absurd topic? What are some other good works of fiction by black authors? I just read Cane by Jean Toomer which was amazing. I have heard James Baldwin and Nella Larsen are good too. Who else should I check out?

I picked that book from a summer reading list my freshman year in high school because I thought it was the science fiction book by HG Wells
I don't think I've ever been as disappointed

Go Tell It on the Mountain by Baldwin is really great.

Niggers are good for music and sports not literature.

lol Baldwin

if you want to read real literture, read James Joyce he is superior to both Baldwin and Ellison

Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o is a current contender and likely laureate for the Nobel prize. Don't ask me how to pronounce that.

Also check out Derek Walcott's epic poem Omeros

Then explain how he manages to go 4 books without once contributing anything to a man's life outside the literary sphere.
He's all form, no function. You could go a lifetime without reading Ulysses and all you've missed is excellent English prose and an intricate allusory narrative.

Everything profound that Joyce said was a quote from someone else.

Toni Morrison is the hyper-obvious pick. Read The Bluest Eye, Song of Solomon and Jazz.

I also reccomend John Keene's Counternarratives.

>reading for "profundity"

sure got /reddit/ in here

>Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o
Seconded.

Thanks guys! Yeah I've been meaning to check out Morrison as well. The Bluest Eye is collecting dust on my shelf.

I asked for recommendations for black authors. Thanks for "recommending" Joyce but I've read Dubliners, Portrait & Ulysses as they are all massively popular on this board and in general. All are great by the way, I'm just not sure how your comment is relevant. I'm sure Baldwin is still totally worth reading even if it's likely that he's not as good as Joyce.

A bit more detail on my recommendation-- one of my favorite aspects of Baldwin's novel is its awesome, phantasmagorical imagery based on the subjective (you could even say mystical) experience of Pentecostal salvation; speaking in tongues, "feeling" the Holy Spirit, etc. The book is somewhat autobiographical but not didactic at all. It also some pretty strong themes on the relationship and conflict between father and son that were harrowing to read.

That's kind of a shitty analysis but I really like that book and hope you'll give it a shot.

Sounds like it's pretty spot on to me. Have you read The Fire Next Time? Because that's my only exposure to Baldwin and it's what made me want to check out his fiction. He addresses his relationship with his father as well as the church in an explicitly autobiographical way in those essays. I definitely intend to read Go Tell It on the Mountain soon. Possibly immediately after I finish Invisible Man, based on your recommendation. Thanks!

It's good. An important book that doesn't lay the blame on one group of people.

>am I a cuck
You probably don't even have a gf tbph

>this thread
I'm so proud of you, Veeky Forums

I haven't, though I bet those essays are like 50% of the content of the book. I'll check it out though, thanks.

I haven't read it but Coulson's The Underground Railroad has been VERY popular and sounds pretty good. Maybe check that out too, if you don't throw a fit over reading Oprah-approved books.

He lays the blame on Gommies quite a bit.