Discrete maths

Veeky Forums, I just finished discrete maths and although I got an A, I struggled with discrete probability a little. It seems to just be applying formulas, however, and I'm an EE, not cs major. I needed it to take complex analysis. Should I bother trying to solidify my knowledge of discrete probability or forget it?

For complex you dont need it at all.

>I struggled with discrete probability a little

The most advanced thing in discrete probability is Bayes law. You're a fucking brainlet.

idk when I took it they had a bunch of weird ass questions. 'how many bracelets could u make with x beads' and shit like that

>how many bracelets could u make with x beads
Nigger what
How is that probability?

Discrete math is basically pre-calc with programming. You're a brainlet.

>polya theory is hard

jesus what a brainlet

it's not but pretty much every intro probability course is going to have a combinatorics section

Nevermind I get it.

If you are taking a shitty discrete math course then yeah, but if you are taking one being taught with Rosen's book in a rigorous class then you are gonna have to prove theorems. Looks like you took the brainlet version of discrete math.

>Looks like you took the brainlet version of discrete math.

I didn't take a course on it since I'm not doing a brainlet degree, but I have read Rosen and still stand by my earlier statement.

>then you are gonna have to prove theorems

Of course. Is this a difficult process for you?

Ok, I guess everyone doing combinatorics is a brainlet. Obviously a sci shit poster knows better.

>Of course. Is this a difficult process for you?
Someone is mad he was called out on his bullshit.

No the point is that Rosen is introductory material.

But I also fail to understand people who struggle at calc I so I guess I'll pull back on the shit-talk. Only trying to motivate you.

It's introductory if you go from chapter 1 to 12, but I don't think you can fit that much in a semester.

Thank you

Did this post make you feel better about yourself?

Yeah, this course was setup as a proof class, as it's purpose in my uni is as an intro to proof writing.

The only kids who take this class at my school are pure maths and EE. Guess those are brainlet degrees to your average NEET who read a few wikis now.

EE is brainlet m8
>muh employability
Engineers are normie wageslaves, they contribute nothing to the advancement of science.

I mean, not really, but if that's what you have to tell yourself to be content with whatever it is you do, ok. I'm sure you're contributing heavily to the advancement of sciences, no doubt.

I majored in EE because I enjoy the topic, not because of perceived economic benefits, for the record, though. If I was just after a high paying job I'd be going to med school.

>The only kids who take this class at my school are pure maths and EE. Guess those are brainlet degrees to your average NEET who read a few wikis now.

Do you think discrete is hard shit or something? Most pure maths people would agree it's babby tier.

Did you not read what this was in response to or something? No, I don't think it's hard - I'm just saying that it's not a course taken by "brainlet majors."

Dude, Rosen is a fucking brainlet book.

inB4
>but muh class all struggled so we can't all be brainlets

>CS majors think they learn PhD level mathematics in discrete math

The memes are true, they are completely oblivious.

Even the fonts are bigger like a children's book for dyslexic brainlets

>The memes are true

Indeed they are.

The amount of CS people I know who couldn't naively approximate a simple differential(delta velocity/time) convinced me to learn enough calculus to know how to solve these problems. Throughout my study, I realized that CS deprives people of so much (wonderful) knowledge. It's sad, really.

CS majors are complete fucking retards. I have never met one who could comprehend any math topic that's not modulo addition.

>He talks about discrete maths on public forums
You're doing it wrong, brainlet.

So you're in the US, then?

Veeky Forums is truly the Fletcher from Whiplash of Veeky Forums.