Hey /sci what do you think about geology as science

Hey /sci what do you think about geology as science

Baller. Applied physics, chemistry, math, and statistics all in one. As quantitative or as qualitative as you're comfortable with. And compared to the sterile laboratory sciences, you get to go into the field, drink beer, and observe the glory of your motherfucking planet.

ah, to be naïve again

... and then to be unemployed. The bottom fell out of the job market with the oil price collapse.

Of course, for pure research there are many interesting things going on these days. Too bad te salary is the pits.

Trump's pick for Secretary of the Interior has threatened to disband the USGS and I finish Geology my undergraduate in April.

Goddamn it.

is petroleum engineering a good field to go into now that trump is president?

REALLY important to humanity!

I finish my undergraduate in July. All my friends are either unemployed or on a shitty Ph.D program they didn't even wanted to be in, just to live off the scholarship money.
It's shitty here in Brazil too. I'm on a job group at Facebook, when a job vacancy appears, there are already 500 people on it, lots of them very experienced and qualified.

Opec reached an agreement last weekend which hopefully means the oil price holds at about $60. I think it's a great industry to get into.

t.Petroleum Engineer

Go into geochemistry or geophysics tbqh

I live in Maryland between D.C. and Baltimore. I just got hired as a geotech engineer and I graduate this coming May. Currently at AGU right now. I recommend.

Write articles based on previously acquired information until the next administration, when you can act based on that information and the funding the new administration provides.

It rocks.

Apply for a mudlogger's position.

what about mining engineering? is it worth it?

lmao i remember when everyone flipped their shit that it got up to $30

>graduate in 2014
>commodity and oil prices are in the shitter
>no jobs
>2 years later and work at a bottle depot

Pretty important but altogether uninteresting to me. I fucking love minerals, crystals and geodes though and have a whole collection that I started as a kid

Fuck no, oil prices are fucked half the industry is laid off, if things improve they get dibs on the jobs not some new grad inexperienced pleb

>2016
>mudlogging jobs

Lol

>graduating with a geology BSc in a few months

JUST

Honestly I fucking hate everyone in this profession anyway so it's really for the best that I move on to greener pastures