China to send EmDrive to space soon

ibtimes.co.uk/emdrive-chinese-space-agency-put-controversial-tech-onto-satellites-soon-possible-1596328

>Chinese government confirms it has been funding EmDrive research since 2010 and believes in its benefits.

My overlords.

Chen confirmed that Cast has developed a test device of the EmDrive and that tests to verify that the device can actually fly are already being carried out in low-Earth orbit. This ties in with information sources in the international space industry gave IBTimes UK under condition of anonymity that China already has an EmDrive on its orbital space laboratory Tiangong-2.

Brainlet here. What's an EmDrive? And where can I get one?

This was posted, almost, a month ago on NSF, and everyone ridiculed the guy who posted it.

March claimed that the superconducting Cannae test is producing, in the excess of, 50 N/kW. No idea why there hasn't been any other labs who are testing these things.

If you have a microwave then you have an emdrive, congratulations.

lucky me i got my first microwave just a few months ago. but what's the fuss about?

Constant acceleration per watt... basically a perpetual motion machine. Chinese believe that their ground results are substantial that a test in space is warranted.

Shouldn't that be impossible?

Yes. that's why people here get upset when this gets posted, and that's why it's posted so often.

So what gives? Is it probably bullshit, an error or something of the likes, or is it possible we might start to rethink everything?

>Is it probably bullshit
More than likely, people are just entertained by the inkling of hope that it's possible to ride around in a spaceship, even if it's only going to be around the solar system.

This doesn't work it contradicts fundamentals of Science.
Report these threads for what they are, scam marketing/spam.

I don't get how people think it's perpetual motion machine if it's supposed to increase kinetic energy of the object by the same amount as work done by electric current. Breaking 3rd law would be under dispute even if it happened because it's quite hard to actually measure whatever momentum would be carried by microwaves.

It's not a perpetual motion machine you fucking brainlets, it just doesn't expel matter to propel itself forward.

>it just doesn't expel matter to propel itself forward.
then that is a fucking perpetual motion machine you moron

pick up a book on special relativity

It uses energy you retard, it's not a perpetual motion machine.

>fundamentals
Observations trumps "laws" and "fundamentals"

NASA's peer reviewed paper points to it working, despite you saying it doesn't work.

There is no theory that can explain how it works without contradicting everything known and confirmed so far.
It does not work.

>There is no theory that can explain how it works without contradicting everything known and confirmed so far.
Pilot wave theory my dude.

NO FUCK YOU NERRDY BITCH RARRRRRRRRRRA I HATE YO MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ihihih ya shuchu

>if it's supposed to increase kinetic energy of the object by the same amount as work done by electric current.
If the mass of the machine is conserved and the thrust to power ratio is constant then kinetic energy will increase with the square of input energy. If the thrust to power ratio is higher than that of a photon rocket, kinetic energy will eventually overtake input energy. If it's lower than a photon rocket's then this will never occur because it will need to go above the speed of light to reach that point. But most of the studies claim a higher thrust to power ratio, implying free energy can be produced. In reality, all the data is consistent with unaccounted for thermal effects.

The perpetual motion aspect comes from the theory that its KE will end up being more than what is put into it

The device will degrade by that point due to thermal heating

Copper can only withstand so much energy input

>KE will end up being more than what is put into it
>yfw the device stops generating thrust right before that point is reached for reasons unknown

wat do

It'll never get anywhere near to relativistic speeds, so it's no problem.

And:

GR a shit

>thrust to power ratio is constant then kinetic energy will increase with the square of input energy
It isn't supposed to be as said by the maker of the device. The thrust somehow declines together with the velocity vector parallel to the thrust vector.

The guy who build the thing has no fucking clue about physics as is absolutely evident judging by his explanations. Even if he found new physics, he had no fucking idea what the hell he was doing, so I wouldn't refer to his bullshit explanations.