Is nuclear decay truly random?

Can you prove that? Im really unconvinced that we should just accept that, surely 'something' drives nuclear decay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aSz5BjExs9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dude it's science!
you can't argue with science!
what are you a stormfag or something!? haha!

I know youre just having a fun meme but I want to actually know if people have looked into this. It seems counter intuitive that there can truly be any randomness in the world

Simple nuclear decay is thought to be caused by quantum tunneling which is truly random. Quantum phenomenon are truly random.

>Quantum phenomenon are truly random.
Is this based on empirical data or is this an absolute truth of the universe?

I hate that traitor bitch.

>Traitor
Someone clearly didn't read it properly

Only got Gehenna and OrihimeHikoBosshi

This is a science board.

it's based on uncertainty, wave functions, and whatever

someone said we see randomness because there are some higher dimensions where it is not random, but as we can't interact wit those dimensions then we see random here

Are you retarded then? Or did you think you were a good speedreader?
>gets brainwashed
>somehow her fault
>even goes out of her way to fix everything after the fact

Even in Gehenna’s Stigma, it was [spoiler]Dr Leskinen which manipulated Maho's brain to do that to Okabe, she was a true pure girl[/spoiler]

I'd ask for a link, but I guess this is something a normal person without extensive knowledge in physics can understand I assume?

IQ:135
You are retarded.
So?
Why did Kag manage to disobey the 2036 ultra-advanced technology brainwash of Lesk?

She didn't they overwrote her memories with her actual memories (she had a ~20ish year old body but memories of her 10 year old self).

In the bad end she was brainwashed

The link you asked
youtube.com/watch?v=aSz5BjExs9o
the randomness think is at the beginning

Oh, they didn't mention that, though.

There is no info about K in that route.

>true random

easy to spot the brainlets, the universe is deterministic and arguing anything else is basically retarded

It depends how many ends you've gone through, theres 6 if I remember correctly

1)Bad end
2)Maho end
3)Kagari end
4)Kurisu end
5)Mayuri end
6)True end (an extension of mayuri end)

You're goddamn right.

>Is mayuri end's name "Vega and altair"?

Yeah I believe so.

Bad = Gehennas
Maho = Twin Automata
Kagari =
Kurisu = Promised
Mayuri = Vega and altair
True = Milk way

Are you Steiner?

I just rewatched the series after playing S;G 0. Truly a masterpiece and am thankful for even witnessing

I hope 0 doesn't get an anime. They will ruin it.

Interesting, but this just creates more problems, are there finite or infinite number of dimensions, what does it even mean to exist outside of the 3rd dimension, etc etc

I think it would be ok, as long as they follow the true ending, it only feels incomplete is because youve played all the endings, if you were just presented the true end in anime format I guarantee you it will work out fine, (and it probably will)

Chris scenes were ultra comfy to watch.

They already announced an anime's being produced about a year ago. Should be airing sometime in 2017.

> Is nuclear decay truly random?

There is no such thing as "Randomness", only insufficient observation resolution.

>There is no such thing as "Randomness", only insufficient observation resolution.

Although, it SHOULD be stated, that in some cases, sufficient observer resolution is physically impossible.

Doesn't the rate of decay of some isotopes vary depending on the time of year/season?

First of all, it's not "randomness" that drives nuclear decay and that "something" is instability of the isotope on an atomic level

now what is random though is which exact atom will decay from a bunch in the radioactive material

look into half-lives in depth and you'll gain some clarity

>it's ok it's random, it doesn't imply anything special desu