So mathematics was pretty much shit

until he came about and rigorized it

is that accurate?

>So calculus was pretty much shit
>until he came about and rigorized it

lmftfy

Newton and Leibniz didn't do shit with calculus

Is there anything Putin can't do?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as calculus, is in fact, real analysis, or as I've recently taken to calling it, [math]\left( \mathbf R,\, +,\, \times,\, \leqslant,\, \left| \cdot \right|,\, \tau \,=\, \left\{ A \,\subset\, \mathbf R \mid \forall x\,\in\, A,\, \exists \varepsilon \,>\, 0,\, \left] x \,-\, \varepsilon,\, x \,+\, \varepsilon\right[ \,\subset\, A \right\},\, \bigcap_{\begin{array}{c} A \,\sigma \text{-algebra of}\, \mathbf R \\ \tau \,\subset\, A \end{array}} A,\, \ell \right)[/math]-analysis. Calculus is not a branch of mathematics unto itself, but rather another application of a fully functioning analysis made useful by topology, measure theory and vital [math]\mathbf R[/math]-related properties comprising a full number field as defined by pure mathematics.

Many mathematics students and professors use applications of real analysis every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the application of real analysis which is widely used today is often called "Calculus", and many of its users are not aware that it is merely a part of real analysis, developed by the Nicolas Bourbaki group.

There really is a calculus, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the field they use. Calculus is the computation process: the set of rules and formulae that allow the mathematical mind to derive numerical formulae from other numerical formulae. The computation process is an essential part of a branch of mathematics, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete number field. Calculus is normally used in combination with the real number field, its topology and its measured space: the whole system is basically real numbers with analytical methods and properties added, or real analysis. All the so-called calculus problems are really problems of real analysis.

>I skimmed baby rudin: the post

*inhales deeply*
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

>is that accurate?
no

The guy you're looking for is Cantor.

>makes intuitive concepts that physicists discovered harder to understans so he can prove other intuitive concepts

Mathematicians are just designers of physicists work.

Nope, math was already great.

Analysis is fucking new, calculus was around for a long time. Calculus was the base for physics, it is so fucking useful, analysis is only for mathematicians who value logic consistency above usefulness. Calculus existed as a subject and it was useful as part of science, analysis is only the way mathematicians found to turn calculus into something even more autistic.

>I love analysis anyway

*breathe in* boi

Well, I think it's justified, but it's justified if you actually make a calculus of real analysis ... the same way that I think that "Complex Analysis" is fine, because if you actually make your own analysis, you get to name the thing, but calling calculus in general "Real analysis" I think is just ridiculous.

tfw Veeky Forums don't recognize their on meme

>][

Kill yourself.

I recognized it user, god tier pasta

This is excellent. Well done.

kekked, nobody seems to be getting the cross-memery here

Nah I got it, classic meme

Well done.

holy keks user, well fucking memed

u just got memed
anyway, what you said is bullshit. if it weren't for actual proper analysis, the applied sciences would lack a lot of the tools it has today

>not recognising Linus' reply
U wot

>I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as calculus, is in fact, real analysis, or as I've recently taken to calling it, ⎛⎝R,+,×,⩽,|⋅|,τ={A⊂R∣∀x∈A,∃ε>0,]x−ε,x+ε[⊂A},⋂Aσ-algebra ofRτ⊂AA,l⎞⎠-analysis.

That's not Hilbert.

Is complex analysis the greatest triumph of all of math? Fuck that shit is spooky.

This is a top tier meme, and I'm glad you're getting recognition for it op.

>is that accurate?
not only grossly inaccurate,
but also hightly imprecise

It's kinda dumb ever since linear algebra has developed. Most of what's true for complex numbers is true for Banach algebras in general.

the original.

the best.

Did you seriously take the time to rewrite that whole thing in unicode letters

>outer brackets are fucked up
Of course he didn't.

>value logic consistency above usefulness
This is what an engineering (((education))) does to people. You saw it here first.
Don't fall for the meme. Engineers are on the same level as sociologists or doctors, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

At least doctors save lives and sociologists make us laugh. What do engineers do for the world?

Wrong way round. Engineers only care about the usefulness of the mathematics rather than the rigour.

make further explainings to someone who has no idea what banach algebra is.

Oohoohoo so edgy

They made the computer (or phone because I feel you're one of "them") you used to shitpost, the telecommunications infrastructures your full-of-shit post went through to end up in a website whose software is compliant to standards that were designed by them. And they also make all the cars you get sour grape syndrome over when you think about your worthless bike that's about to crack under your fat ass.

We drink beer and slack off. Now go bother someone else.

>tfw Veeky Forums don't recognize their on meme

/g/ meme repurposed for Veeky Forums