Who else /published/ here?

who else /published/ here?

the feels are a mixed bag. i'm worried i've peaked already, though it is nice to know i've done more than most "writers" will ever do in their life.

oh, and self-published please gtfo.

>he thinks he's credible because some literary financing firm decided that his work was marketable, and then edited it into the ground to make sure it sold.

You sound like a shallow faggot. Hang yourself and maybe some flamboyant hipsters will like your work.

jelly perhaps, gents? :^)

I'm published in magazines, but I'll have a collection out in a year or two hopefully.

well you've posted what you came here to post. good night

I've had two small press books published. Normies seem impressed, but really, without a marketing budget, it's like self-publishing minus the stigma. I've finished three more books, and I'll go small press with two if necessary, but I really want to get an agent with the latest one. A part of me wants to hang onto the books in case one does go to a major publisher, then the others may have more value. It's weird. I thought getting a book published would change everything. It didn't. I'm not sure getting an agent/big five deal would either. Now though with five books under my belt I know I can do it, like to do it, and will keep doing it. Biggest problem is I usually take ephedrine to write and crash hard from it and end up black out drinking. I'm down to writing 2x a week as a result. Edit sober throughout the week.

I've had three stories published plus a couple articles. I don't worry about peaking because I can pretty clearly see how my work is improving each time I've published a piece. My biggest concern is about being able to put a collection together. I know I'll have the necessary quantity of published stories within a couple years, but I keep feeling like I won't like my early stories enough to include them.

Not sure where you're getting published, hopefully somewhere good. Problem is nowadays there are so many 'literary journals' that are just shit websites, so I had like 30 really shitty stories published when I was first starting out. And the worst of them are front and centre when you Google me. Kind of sucks. Hopefully you're getting published in top-notch places and I sound like an ass, but I know the rush/addictive nature of getting your pieces published anywhere, but in the long run it's not all that beneficial if the stories/publications aren't all that good.

How do I get my novel published?

Imperssive, care to send me any of your work? I'd really like to read user.

[email protected] (just a temp email, 1 hour)

Don't send it user it makes mustard gas

these posts r scaring me. is it really pointless to get publishers now or are you kust trying to thin the competition?

I expect I'll find your work soon at my uni's barnes and noble clearance table.

I also expect every piece of crap we monkeys fling at you will serve as motivation to keep laughing at us from outside the cage

I published a couple of stories from the age 18-20. Then I realized my writing was "being pretty for the sake of being pretty." Reading that stuff now makes me cringe. These days I'm sending genuinely original and strange stories to lit mags (all run by a close-knit group of SJW's) and struggling to compete with fucking trans propaganda.

I would, but I'm Tao Lin so it would be awkward.

there are many great writers who were only discovered after their lifetime.

even though you say you're "published you'll be as relevant and read as much as the next guy on this forum.

But the publishing industry is pure shit...

Name a single readable book they've published in the past 25 years.

"2666", you insufferable fag.

This thread is shit and you're certainly right to a degree, the fact you cannot name ANY is not a fault of others so much as a fault of your own. Literature is out there. You are to lazy or unwilling to find.

Ah yes, the edgelord chronicles. I like how they got '666' in the title, hehe >:J

Completely new to writing here, any tips for structuring your work, creativity exercises, etc.?

You're being an edgelord by saying there hasn't been a single good book in 25 years. 25 years ago there was more likely to be less good literature. It was right after the Gulf War, and during our stint with first Bush in a hope we could have that same faux high feeling like a brave new world was going to unfurl beneath clear blue skies like Americans had with Reagan.

Things are such that good literature can exist now, more so than when we were then. More needs to be said.

>tfw my self published masterpiece will still be in print 500 years from now while your shit can't even be found on the deep web

Sure thing

Nope, got rejected. Time to kill myself.

Don't let it discourage you. Simply find a way to make it better and better, reevaluate your work and let your years gone by and experiences well into it.

Good literature doesn't take a first swing, or a second swing.

Good literature takes years, good literature takes wisdom. If you're in it for the long haul, you want to become an author, you should reject yourself more than publishers ever will.

Even when you don't like your work you ought to include it, with perhaps a brief self-critical preface with an eye towards how this work fits within your development and what producing it taught you.

I've had maybe two or three essays that I've EVER produced that I've been satisfied with more than three years after publication.

pls respond

no