Charlotte Bronte

>Charlotte Bronte
>Emilie Bronte
>Virginia Wolfe
>George Elliott

Are men even fucking trying? Get on my level.

>men
>not too autistic to understand the emotion that serves as the marble from which art is cut
Pick one

>Emily Dickinson
>Lady Murasaki
>Homer

Holy fuck have men written *anything* good?

idg the appeal of emily and charlotte's jane is quite overrated.
austen is enough to put men to shame. supreme wit. goat english novelist.

>Most popular women's novel of any era is about her escaping her lover and "finding herself"
From Pride and Prejudice to Eat Pray Love, the woman's novel hasn't changed in 200 years. What a horrible feat.

Why are women better sex writers than men? Is it because of their superior clitoris?

oconner best gril writer

Sappho's had a man's hard desu.

She talks about women like a guy and that's why she's good.

How does one write like a biological sex. Of which code is in the gene which makes one strictly influenced into writing poetry like the opposite sex. I'm very curious.

Emily's good, but her sisters were plebs.

This is what 9/10 men say when asked what woman authors they like.

Have you ever read Pride & Prejudice?

i haven't read any of this shit, my big man on the literature board, but it would imply that maybe she has sexually predatory tendencies?

you mean 9/10 literate males because i know for a fact that 9/10 people dont even read

true

Lol that's a pic of Jane austen

Colleen McCullough and Mary Renault blow at least 99.999% of other published authors out of the water.

I love Renault, will try McCullough

Yeah, if you love one you'll love the other as well. I've only read McCullough's books set in ancient Rome, but she has an award winning series set in colonial Australia and one set in early 20th century (I think) Italy.

>she will never recite her lais to you
>she will never love you with such purity and chasteness as that which she describes in her poems
why even live?

>she will never wrap her jailbait lips around and choke on your hard Norman cock in the Purple Room
Fuck this world man

>Get on my level.
Okay.

have you?
>escaping mr. collins
>finding herself in darcy

I sense delicious female butthurt.

If you're so mad about the inferiority of female writing, try to create something better than Shakespeare, or Milton, or Dante, or that guy who sits next to you in class.

you won't

>I sense delicious female butthurt.
What does it smell like? Sounds kinda hot

poo

social welfare 501(c)4 non-profit nimble america

vvhat

social america 1(c)4 non-nimble profit welfare 50

Hello Palmer

-nimbler 1(c)4 welfare e profit er 1(c)4 welfare ica50social amnon er 1(c)4 welfare

Fuck off back to /r/The_Donald/ drumpfkin

Are you upset everyone backed out of the oculus riftafter this came out.

>Raining agen it wer nex morning.
>Theres rains and rains.
>This 1 wer coming down in a way as took the hart and hoap out of you
>there wer a kynd of brilyants in the grey it wer too hard it wer too else
>it made you feal like all the tracks in the worl wer out paths
>nor not a 1 to bring you back.
>Wel of coarse they are but it dont all ways feal that way.
>It wer that kynd of morning when peopl wernt jus falling in to what they done naturel
>they had to work ther selfs in to it.
>Seamt like a lot of tea got spilt at breakfas
>nor the talk wernt the userel hummeling and mummeling
>there wer some thing else in it.
>Like when you see litening behynt the clouds.

This is a post by someone from r/thedonald

What are you talking about? All I said was poo. What has that got to do with the oculus rift?

What is this some kind of negro speak?

>>/pol/

I replied to the wrong post sorry desu

So true.

I've never hear or seen a woman use the term "goat" ever in my life.

Anyway, if you don't think Jane Austen comes close to the best of the best in male authors, you're a pleb. There is a reason why Jane Austen is almost unanimously loved by male literature academics, and why reading her was a supreme mark of refinement in the 19th century amongst "Janeites" and the elite, intellectual classes.

The user you accused of being a butthurt female is right about Austen, whether a femanon or not.

>Jane Austen comes close to the best of the best in male authors

no

Yes

>I'm an ultimate pleb and can't appreciate art.

>William Faulkner

jane austen was such a qt

Stop judging everything within literature as a power ranking and contest and then getting outraged when people disagree with your useless power ranking that otherwise has helped destroy the little literary discussion left. It does not help it's politically motivated and you will not stop because of it.

No, I'm saying that Jane Austen is no where near a talented writer as Faulkner.

>Charlotte Bronte
>Emilie Bronte
>Virginia Wolfe
>George Elliott

Are men even fucking trying? Get on my level.

Owes a huge debt to George Eliot (who was a women btw)

>No, I'm saying that Jane Austen is no where near a talented writer as Faulkner.
If you focus so much on talent itself you lose the point of the literature and get more into the author. Which is far more stupid than you think women who contributed to literature and are lauded, are.

Not the same user.

I was comparing him to Austen, not all women.

Villette tho

Okay, was reading you in the context of dumdums like

It is the same. This whole thread is a power ranking.

>getting outraged when people disagree with your useless power ranking

This is exactly what you have done.

> I'm saying that Jane Austen is no where near a talented writer as Faulkner.

Faulkner's not even close.

Jane Austen is just below Shakespeare tier. Very few writers come close to the satire, wit and ingenuity (free indirect style, comic realism, the whole pastoral narrative realism)

Faulkner's good, but he's far more derivative, and less witty.

That user didn't make a power ranking.

>>It is the same. This whole thread is a power ranking.

Not really?

How. I'm saying don't make power rankings therefore I'm making power rankings of authors....?

That doesn't make any sense, Get a better contrivance to argue. My point is entirely solid, and hardly debatable.

>Faulkner's not even close.

>Anyway, if you don't think Jane Austen comes close to the best of the best in male authors, you're a pleb

that's...not what happens

“I would venture to guess that user, who wrote so many poems without signing them, was often a woman.”

― Virginia Woolf

Certainly, and your summary was so reductive as to make it incorrect. Elizabeth does not escape Collins, nor does she 'find herself' in Darcy. The escape and find plot is conventional of the sentimental novels of the 18th century (Burney, Richardson), but Austen is definitely not in the mode (but for the first half of Northanger Abbey).

>>No, I'm saying that Jane Austen is no where near a talented writer as Faulkner.
You're right, she's lightyears ahead of him.

I doubt she's that far away.

lmao that's pretty good from her. I like it

I like the others but what did Virginia Woolf write other than Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

>does anyone else unironically like women writers?

Some of those authors are good, but none of them are any better than male writers of a similar caliber.

Virginia Wolfe is the one I want to like, but I'm afraid I'd find insufferably dull dear old boy.

Gertrude Stein is unfortunate. Flannery O'conner is really good but she ded before she really climaxed.

Bronte and the rest all just wrote about women sitting in rooms and describing them staring at the drapes in endless detail.

Dunno why you would think they are the same posters. They aren't.

I wouldn't say she's light years ahead of him. Maybe just a couple of notches ahead.

>Bronte and the rest all just wrote about women sitting in rooms and describing them staring at the drapes in endless detail.

Confirmed for not having read them.

>Virginia Wolfe is the one I want to like, but I'm afraid I'd find insufferably dull dear old boy.
man up loser

I was going to go through all of this and tell you how you've obviously never read any of them, or not since hs (last semester), but everyone else can already tell. To refute this please list better men who were their contemporaries for each woman listed.
>Bronte and the rest all just wrote about women sitting in rooms and describing them staring at the drapes in endless detail.
lol no but that would've been good too

confirmed for never reading Middlemarch

>Flannery O'conner is really good but she ded before she really climaxed.

just like my wedding night

no answer...shocking

>Wolfe

And nobody pointed this out? Are the only people that post in these threads people that don't actually read the authors they're shitposting about? Fuck all of you honestly, this thread could be made on /pol/ or /r9k/ and you'll get more of what you want aka pointless shitposting and wasting time.

Remember to sage if you're gonna bother responding to worthless shit like this

>Shakespeare

Shakespeare was the plebbest of all plebs.

Shakespeare invented the human.

Humans are pretty pleb desu.