>spend so much time learning derivatives
>mind is so numb from all this derivative practice
>do some physics problems
>trivial as fuck because of derivatives

Thanks, Calculus!

;)

Retarded. Derivatives are easy to remember

Just wait until he gets to integrals...

A Bachelor in Physics is essentially a Bachelor in calculus and googling the anwser

>WAH integrals are hard!
Am I being goofed?

Anyone who thinks derivatives are hard will get destroyed by integrals.

Linear algebra+ calc 1,2,3+ pde + rational mechanics and classical physic will be easy for you :)

Anyone who thinks integrals are hard will get destroyed by Laplace transforms

Well, integrals are easy actually.

It's just derivatives + Arithmetic-Algebraic and trigonometic tricks.

hi there freshmen

>spend so much time learning derivatives and integrals
>open a book, ready to understand what's in it
>notation and types of derivatives i've never heard of
just how deep does the rabbit hole go? what the fuck even is d^2x/df^2? what does it mean?

>>spend so much time learning derivatives and integrals
>hasn't encountered second derivatives

Um.... what the fuck were you doing the whole time?

so that notation is equivalent to f''(x)? is it? is it?

>t. i go to a school with a shit physics program

If your problems are focused on computation you arent learning physics. A class I just took literally gave us difficult integrals if we needed them for problems because we werent supposed to be focused on learning calculus

[math]\frac{d^2f}{dx^2}[/math] is, yes.

thanks

This, really.

At my math department I can get a masters in calculus (no joke) so I guess I can be a mathematician and physicsts by just studing an extra 16 months after graduation.

>masters in calculus (no joke)
Link? I need to see this for myself.

This

The aspect of computation that you learn in physics classes is mainly making approximations using taylor series, which is an extremely simple concept but just takes practice

Of course being good at calc would save you a lot of time

Fuck, I'm at the point in my life where I've aced classes like Topology and Abstract Algebra but then I take courses like microeconomics or applied linear regression and tank my average.

This is what I hate about my physics education

Not enough emphasis on qualitative intuitive understanding of physical phenomena

Way too much emphasis on mathematical masturbation that is ultimately meaningless

Anybody who thinks Laplace transforms are hard will get destroyed by triple integrals.

Anybody who thinks triple integrals is hard will get destroyed by analytic topology of infinitely differentiable euclidian manifolds

Should have gone physical chem. Best of both worlds