Why does pic related happen?

Why does pic related happen?

bump

If you relax your eyes like you're looking at a magic eye picture, you can see all 12

fixed

because your brain does an absolutely terrifying amount of guesswork behind the scenes to make your visual field look complete and continuous

your field of accurate vision is only a ten degree cone around whatever you're focusing on. everything else is a huge blur. your brain fills in the gaps using internal models of the environment, memories of what you saw the last time you looked at a thing, and just plain guesswork.

but if i know the dot is there then why doesn't my brain fill it in

simulation confirmed

all twelve dots are too resource intensive to render at once

lizard brain 2 strong

>fixed
Riiiiight :/

try snaking your eyes along the 3 rows

I want off this ride

2 retarded u mean

You have a blind spot where the optic nerve connects, your brain fills it in with the surrounding area so you don't normally notice, but if there's something unexpected there it'll seem to disappear when it's in the blind spot

Shit, that's crazy.

I can only see one or two at a time. What about the rest of you? Don't lie.

Can't tell. When I try to count them up they disappear and reappear in other places. Sometimes I feel like I see them all but can't confirm.

After looking at it for a while I started to see their faint outlines at intersections where there weren't any, like my optic pathways were trying to learn the pattern.

I feel like I can definitely see 2, I might be able to see 3 if I relax a little, but I'm not certain if I'm actually seeing all 3 at one time.

I can see about 6 dots, but I'm using a 60 inch screen. If I look at the thumbnail I can only see one.

Except the dots also disappear in places where the blind spot isnt.

You have two blind spots.

Because most of the structures that allow you to see are concentrated in the foveal cavity, more or less at the center of the macula. You can actually see all 12 points if you got the image close enough to your eyes and suppressed your binocular vision, allowing each eye to focus slightly off-center of the 2 mid points and out of the plane of the screen, so that each eye would see about 9 points each

2 < 11 fyi

What is interference?

I see them!

This has nothing to do with the blind spot.

Not a blind spot. Two blind spots would explain if there were three dots. There are more, including dots above and below. Blind spots do not suffice to explain.

Camoflague