What is Neil Degrasse Tyson's IQ?

I can't find this information anywhere, so I'm guessing it's not that high.

Does this guy actually have any real brain power or is he literally just a meme? I've never been able to take him seriously.

Not that Tyson is a genius, but are you aware that there are extremely famous mathematicians and scientists who haven't taken IQ tests?

He probably believes IQ tests are racist and they keep the black man down

I'm guessing somewhere in the near 130s. Knows he's above average IQ but doesn't want to take the test but wants to show off his intellect still.
Nah.

About 160

Based on what? His media skills?

160-165 range

He is a bumbling clown. 84.

Anyway, most people aren't in science to get rich, it's for the prestige. They grew up believing that science is the most important thing, the one thing that truly advances humanity, and that scientists are the best people. Not being able to be called a scientist is like death to them. They'll do work they're not interested in, that doesn't seem to be any good, for low pay, with no prospect of advancement, just to be able to say they're professional scientists and to be friends with the other professional scientists. They know that an oversupply of people like them are being raised constantly by the educational system, and there's no way back in anymore if you ever stray from the path or get cast out.

They are extremely sensitive to the prospect of losing their place. They'll commit horrible ethical violations to avoid it.

Beyond that, they have an emotional need to believe in their field, to the point that they'll turn their eyes away from evidence that it has gone rotten, rationalize it away.

>tyson
>iq

literal shitpost-tier topics

Funny how he directs the Hayden Planetarium and makes bank teaching people science and you're on a Mongoloid picture posting bulletin board trying to discredit him by using some arbitrary bullshit number called an IQ.

Try again brainlet.

>t. triggered brainlet

>called out on his crippling stupidity
>I'll call him triggered durr
Hahaha does it hurt to be this stupid?

>most people aren't in science to get rich, it's for the prestige
And yet top tier scientists make >$300k

120 to 135 realistically

160 for mememaster IQ

>I am going to assume he is dumb until he demonstrates IQ to my liking

He knows more astrophysics than you no matter what his IQ is. Also more successful than you. You people seriously need to drop the IQ nonsense.

This is the guy that says gravity falls off exponentially with distance. That Arthur C. Clarke was first to calculate altitude of geosynchronous orbit. He is always saying wrong stuff not only in the fields of history, biology and medicine but also in the field of astrophysics.

How is any of that wrong? I mean I'm not the biggest fan of the guy but keep in mind that those statements are geared towards making the common man less retarded

>tfw to smart for research

Bush's post 9-11 speech was a level headed call for tolerance and inclusion. He labeled Islam "the religion of peace." There was no "attempt to distinguish we from they". Exactly the opposite of the xenophobic demagogue Tyson portrayed. Sean Davis exposed this story as a fiction and Tyson later admitted he confabulated 9-11 with the eulogy for the Space Shuttle Columbia astronauts. And in that eulogy there was no attempt to sow division or bash Arabs.

Given that the 1st quadrant is a steaming pile of B.S., the other 3 quadrants are hilarious.

>assuming the user is male
>assuming the id of the user even falls into your impinged binary gender code

gtfo to shitlord

I've actually watched the talk where Tyson mentions that quote.
The point he was making wasn't about that one quote, it was about the broader trend of scientific advancement being closely tied to a nations wellbeing. You're overfocusing.

>Tyson later admitted he confabulated 9-11 with the eulogy for the Space Shuttle Columbia astronauts
So what the hell else do you want from him? He was wrong, and then he admitted he was wrong. That's the essence of what he's advocating in the other three quadrants.

around 110

130 is the rough estimate of a math/physics graduate from a top uni.

He is undoubtedly more successful than the average graduate so maybe 140 or 145.

>The point he was making wasn't...

Well actually... He made several points during his naming rights routine. Part of it was slamming Bush. I'm fine with bashing Bush if it's fact based. But Tyson's story was fiction.

After the false story on Bush Tyson misquotes Ghazali. Ghazali never wrote that math is the work of the devil. Also there were Islamic scientists and mathematicians after Ghazali. So the naming rights talk was one piece of bad history after another.

>So what the hell else do you want from him? He was wrong, and then he admitted he was wrong.

He gave that story for eight fucking years before Sean Davis called him out. Tyson and his fan boys are in no position to congratulate themselves for being immune to B.S. They are the stupidest people on the planet.

>And yet top tier scientists make >$300k
Citation needed.

115 or more

>top left
>1st quadrant
>>>/prealgebra/

Yeah, 1st quadrant often refers to top right. That's the convention. My bad. Top left is the better label for the meme that makes Tyson look like an idiot.

You have NDT wrong. He is annoying, but he isn't in BLM or anything. To this day he has refused to do any interviews where his ethnicity was the major talking point.

this cupcake is the biggest meme ever

More than likely the byproduct of some branch of affirmative action, in which ivy leagues had to feel the quota of autistic black men.

No self respecting , or self proclaimed, scientist will subject themselves to putting the story of the big bang into the form of a calendar on a television show. I couldn't take it seriously

>Meme Science Man
>IQ
You have managed to merge two of the longest running shitposts.
Anyways, the average estimated IQ of Physics majors is 130. Since he went to a top 5 college for Physics I assume he is at least higher than a 130 IQ. Any specific number above that would just be me guessing.

He didn't need affirmative action. His parents were intellectuals and got him into science. He went to a science high school because he wanted to.

>No self respecting , or self proclaimed, scientist will subject themselves to putting the story of the big bang into the form of a calendar on a television show. I couldn't take it seriously
He didn't write Cosmos. It was a collaboration of scientists. It's a fine comparison for laymen.

>I couldn't take it seriously
and what have you ever accomplished, O eminence

sorry guys i was being factitious

In all honestly, i am actually fond and thankful for what he stands for. Even though he wasn't necessarily the product of a impoverished and disenfranchised youth , due to his father being present in his life, he provides a great message to those who weren't as lucky. He does stand for hope and opportunity that anyone can do great things in science if you work as hard as he did.

I hope his work does inspire people to turn ones youth into productivity and work towards an end goal.

SO in truth i respect him and wish we had more of him in today's science community.

He hasn't done great things in science. His mediocre doctoral dissertation didn't pass the first review board at the University of Texas. Columbia was his second try.

Since then his thing has been over simplified pop science, often wrong. And bad history.

There legit science and engineer role models for black kids. Sylvester Gates and Katherine Johnson to name a couple.

I wasn't aware of those people and their accomplishments. I'll agree with you though , he truly hasn't achieved any real scientific greatness , he merely developed a more or less celebrity status due to his roles on television.

Nonetheless, it is extremely beneficial for the African american community to have role models like that besides professional athletes and rappers. The two latter options perpetuation a social stigma of incompetency.

By and large I agree with you. Although there are rappers and athletes that have some competence and class.

I would label Tyson as incompetent though. He makes so many mistakes.

LOLng for real ... he's probably above average not well above.
I.ve seen average ... it isn't very special.

compare his work to Michio Kaku, for example...

Neil is more of an entertainer.

he has a phd in physics which alone makes him probably smarter than the vast majority of people. I don't really like him, but a phd in physics from a top school makes someone slightly more than just a meme in my eyes

Not very high

He makes illogical and irrational statements nonstop on his Twitter

Diversity hire would be in effect in this case

>I cant stand a black man is not only more successful than me but in such a position on the scientific world.

This is not pol kiddo.

probably >120

>philosophy
>higher than materials chemical mechanical industrial and electrical engineering
Where were you when engineeringfags got BTFO?

>Religion and political science is higher than psychology and sociology

Religion of peace strikes again in Berlin.

Kek

To be fair, psychology and sociology are the meme degrees that everyone who's parents "want them to get an education" goes into, so there's likely a ton of normie slackers dragging things down.
To back this thesis up, some other degrees higher than sociology/psychology:
>Arts and Humanities: Other
>english and Lang. Arts
>Foreign Language and Lit.
>library and Archival sciences
>High school education
>agriculture
>Fucking performance arts
If that doesn't show that there's a bunch of stoners draggin psych down, I don't know what does. This doesn't necessarily mean that the research that comes out of those subjects isn't rigorous

no proof.

for that matter, Michio isn't too bad of entertainer himself, with science + He has actually published pretty good books that explain his theories and field of study in mostly high School grad terms.

However I'm not too sure he's even in the Real TOP-TIER science.

Top tier Science is basically 'CLASSIFIED' these days... because to much can have military - or even economic-war implications!

So - just go back to sleep!

(pic = old technology)

Half a blunt

I've personally heard him say that IQ tests are a sham, and, in the same breath, he said he would never take the test because all it could do is make him feel insecure if it isn't high.

Basically

Why do people hate this dude?
He's not doing anything except for making science more fun, attainable, and popular

I'd rather have a bunch of popular science nuts dominating media than literally any of the kardashians

It might be mostly memes but the memes ain't easy user. We await physics to join us in the dumpster after memedrive works.

>Nig Blackass Tyrone
>IQ
Monkeys can't read, so they can't take a test.

Because he is a cuntbag twat who speaks out of his depth constantly.

I'd rather have more football on tv

>Top tier Science is basically 'CLASSIFIED' these days
Cite?

Having been a researcher in .mil and civilian institutes I find this claim highly unlikely. Moreover the SECRET stamp appears to be abused to imbue projects with status and glory that do not belong.

Secrecy is also used where things go wrong, expect the F-35 to be dripping of red stamp ink.

>Top tier Science is basically 'CLASSIFIED' these days
Special Access Programs and Sensitive Compartmentalized Information

why do people watch football when they could just go out and play football?

Where's Law?

The arab one is good
Badassitude is cringey
Scientifically literate one is partly true, but you don't have to be an asshole about it
The christian one is just trying to be edgy, he could have just said religion

reasons go from being over 30 and prone to pulling muscle just by sprinting to not wanting to break your bones or get concussed to you can't play football (helmet and pads + full contact) unless you're part of some kind of team and most people aren't good enough to make any team