Who /dumb parents/ here?

Who /dumb parents/ here?

They are lovely people, but god damn.

All these HBO garbage shows are the same, they watch everyone of those premium TV series.

Breaking bad is so fucking bad

My parents are smart. I'm the dumb one.

Breaking bad is decent compared to most of the stuff out there.

Intelligence is mostly genetic.

that's definitely not true. be happy they are at least not watching home remodeling and plastic surgery reality shows.

They're nice and intelligent but fundamentally we have so little in common that it's hard to talk to them. And I can tell that it hurts them because I was always the difficult child and they want to connect with me

I don't think my dad has ever read a novel, he's all but illiterate. blue-collar, undereducated American with all the smug overconfidence that comes with it. Illuminati fanatic. Evangelical Christian. baby-boomer. He at least acknowledges that I'm more intelligent than he is, but God damn he makes it hard to love him.

my mom was born and raised on a jungle island. she thankfully took me to the library every week when I was a child; typical asian parent. that was formative and I'm grateful for that.

My mom cant into abstract thinking

and I assume your parents are dumb as well?

>growing up in a house of learned doctors
>tfw your parents actually call you out on stupid shit you say

This.
My parents are really smart btw

lmao hapa. please don't shoot me

They don't act like idiots but I can't say they're that smart. My brother is probably the smartest in the family, he went from getting F's in all subjects to just finishing a business course at uni. Say what you want about uni but that's a pretty decent step up.

My parents are plebs but my grandma is completly Veeky Forums
Has read all the classics and reads history aswell

Get those books on the will boy

We aren't even at the point of criticizing unis when we are talking about a business degree

My mother can't even pull off basic algebra, like she has problems understanding X + 1 = 2, solve for X. She's not completely stupid in other areas but she is mathematically retarded. My dad's the opposite way, he can't spell for shit but is a trained accountant. He's also incredibly bad at articulating himself and has no patience so though he might have brought me up from a genetic standpoint he never taught me shit. I recently found his old report cards and his GPA got raped by English classes both in college and in high school.

For a perspective as to where I stand, my GRE had me in 99th percentile reading, 88th percentile writing (graders were probably plebs desu) and like 72nd percentile in math. This kind of amazes me because I neither studied nor took the math classes necessary for understanding many of the math problems on the GRE yet over two thirds of Americans entering grad school managed to be dumber than I am.

What does she think of IJ

My dad is the stupidest person i've ever met and most likely will meet. He also has the emotional intelligence of a 4 year old.

My mum is really nice but stupid and myopic.

I've spent my late teens and twenties trying to fix all the stupid shit they put in to me.

My dad is alright. He's good at math from what I've heard. My mother occasionally shows some sign of stupidity and has expressed from time to time she resents the word stupid. I think she might be insecure about it.

Strangely enough though, my siblings are smart. My big sister aced her studies and I believe she graduated cum laude in uni. My little sister is acing middle school as well far as I know.

To count as educated one needs three degrees: one of himself, one of his father and one of his grandfather.

that's the dumbest thing I've read in a while.

rofl. breaking bad is bad? what the fuck is your ideal series? pols tell

Dekalog
I, Claudius
The Simpsons
Twin Peaks
Brass Eye

My mom's an idiot, but usually means well. Right now she's going through another Jesus phase, but it's good for her. Neither got past high school. Both are functionally illiterate. When they work, they're janitors.

I sometimes hope they were smarter before all the drugs. Otherwise I don't know how I managed to get all the way to PhD level.

Found the american

I've met some incredibly stupid PhDs.

My parents aren't too dumb. My mom is basically . My dad is a smarter version of the American conservative. He worked as an electrician for security systems for a while ("a while" meaning he worked in the field for 20-30 years), came up with some innovations, actually accumulated a lot of knowledge in the field, but after he got brain damage, he doesn't remember that much about it anymore. Anyway I disagree with him on quite a few things but he's very good at arguing. We could be arguing and the second I bring up something irrelevant or fallacious he won't even respond to it. He lets it sit in the air and gives me the opportunity to try again. When I use bullshit argumentation, both of us know, and I'm left to consider how dumb I sound by saying what I said. It definitely influenced my character for better or for worse.

>Brass Eye

patrician taste

>Tfw my mom has a master in English amd Dutch and did her thesis on Shakespeare.

Feels good man.

I guess it depends on what makes you consider a person stupid. Plus, there's some very shitty universities that offer PhDs.

I haven't met anyone I'd consider stupid in my program. Bad with people, bad with motivation, bad with responsibility, sure. But not outright slow.

My mom is I'd say average intelligence, or rather hasn't had much interest in the intellectual. I got my verbal skills from her genetically, she can express herself really well.
My dad is the nicest, best dad in the world and one of the best lawyers in the country, but I'm unsure how he's so good at it. I don't find his arguments very convincing, even if we agree on just about everything in principle.
Or maybe my head is up my ass from all the books.

what a completely fucking useless degree lalaol

women can't be smart. anyone claiming they have a "smart" mother obviously have sewer-tier standards.

I wouldn't call them dumb. They definitely have the capacity, they just don't always exercise it. They were both strong students from what I understand, and have some college under their belts, but life got in the way of its completion. Very blue-collar northeasterners. Feels like they could be characters in a Springsteen album sometimes.

>Women can't be smart
Can you people just leave this board already? You obviously don't care about what this board pertains to. I'm guessing you're another insecure /r9k/ poster who feels like he's been treated poorly by women.

She said the author was like the kind of guy who would think he was too smart for literature, and that he was talentless or something like that
My parents loved it tho

actually I've found those shows so simple that you can learn a lot about programming psychology. Its also kind of interesting to see in reality shows in particular how people can so easily play a character of themselves.

dumb roastie triggered

Someday you're going to look back on this portion of your life and be incredibly embarrassed. You may even realize what a failure you have been at rock bottom and, hopefully and god willing, kill yourself. You don't have to feign indifference with a meme reply, I won't take it seriously even if you do.

jesus when will people like you learn that you're getting played? Seriously even if it's pathetic that some guy spends his time trolling you don't need to respond.

>>actually I've found those shows so simple that you can learn a lot about programming psychology. Its also kind of interesting to see in reality shows in particular how people can so easily play a character of themselves.
omg so this. I love retarded shows bc they teach you a lot, contrary to shows scripted by jews devoid of originality since 40 years

>ughu im so above this >__>
im embarrassed for you. nu-male cuck kys.

>>women can't be smart.
women cannot be intellectual, especially on their own, perhaps with a man as a tutor they can be average

but women are the smartest species around. they always find somebody to care for them and manage to avoid the most shitty part of life. Even your mother managed to find a beta trying to pleasure her and his attempt became a worthless fagget.

>le women have manipulated man along, it was all a ruse.
>le woman behind the man

this is true. the women have won.

Kek

Does anyone else legitimately hate their parents? They allowed me to be overweight and perform poorly in school during my entire teenage life. It wasn't until I moved out on my own several years ago that I learned what it is to be healthy and lost all of my extra weight. I'm doing well at university now, but I had to delay my graduation by a year by spending time at a community college retaking high school level courses.

I haven't seen them in over a year. Whenever I asked them how they let me fuck my life up so bad, they would said it was my choice; as if a child/teenager is mature and educated enough to be given free will. Worthless fuckers.

My daughter will be born in December, my wife is still in high school.

How should I raise her to not be bitter or resentful of 'stupid parents'? I feel this is why so many eventually rebel, feelings of superiority.

tfw when to intelligent to know if this chart is real or a joke

I think all teenagers think their parents are dumb.

Neither of my parents went to college, but they produced high IQ, mixed race babies.

dad is unpretentious but intelligent. doesn't know, doesn't pretend to know, doesn't care. worked his whole life, no time for arts.
mom is cringy.. cares what famous people do in their daily lives. plays slot machines. etc.

>le cringe

you sound like a piece of shit, take responsibility for your own actions.

>cringe is now a reddit word
want to know how i know youre from reddit?

the way you used is pretty leddit. please leave now

>take responsibility for your own actions.
I do now, given that I am adult. But someone who is 14-18 should be punished and reprimanded and told what is right, not allowed to do what they wish. They failed as parents, and I let them know that

Shotgun wedding?

>My daughter will be born in December, my wife is still in high school.
Excuse me?

better do the wrong choices early on. good thing they saved you from suffering later in your life.

Your parents probably hate you too

Citation needed.

Actually sexual recombination is capable of so much variation that this isn't always the case. Many Nobel prize winners had proletarian parents.

my mom only reads oprah books, my dad died from drinking too much

fuckin idiots

Same here. I can sometimes act out an imitation of what they think of me, to make them happier. But I don't think either of my parents know how much of a grimdark edgelord I am, or how hopeless I sometimes feel.

notbad.jpg

Who /smartest in family/ here?

>only one in both immediate and extended family who is in university
>brother is in prison for dealing heroine
>sister is 20 years old with 2 kids and is pregnant again
>mother is alcoholic
>dad is smart as fuck engineer but is terminally ill with a nerve disease at 51 years old
>extended family all rednecks

I basically win by default

Do you come from texas?

Who else here the dumb one. My parents both went to Yale for their PHD's and I didn't even get into any of the Ivy leagues for college

My dad hasn't finished a book since high school, as far as I can tell, and he is addicted to network news. He thinks anything salutary event was an act of divine providence, and everything bad was caused by a democrat.

My mother, on the other hand, is a sjw, didn't do nuffin tard that dreams of Edward Snowdend coming on her tits. She's heavy into new age crystals, chakras, visualization, Oprah, daytime television.

Their only passions are stuffing their faces with unhealthy food, buying things they cannot afford with credit, and watching television, network television, shit like Americas got talent, the voice, big brother, etc.

I'm not smart, I'll be the first to admit, but it's nearly impossible to respect these people. I love them and all, but damn, enough is enough.

My father's favorite show is Maury and my mother loves those Real Housewives shows more than anything. Count your blessings.

To answer the OP, my father is insanely intelligent when it comes to dealing with the "real world", things with his career which is highly political, stuff like that. He knows a decent amount about U.S. history as well, reads a lot of biographies and nonfiction about significant figures and events, especially from the Civil War era.

I love my mother to death, she has always been a terrific parent, but god damn I don't know how she manages to dress herself everyday.

I'm so intelligent I can't even understand how that graph works or how to read it.

Indiana, my friend. I live right next to one of the best engineering schools in the country, so there's a decent mix of demographics here.

You have the redneck farmers with rich parents, white trash, Indians and Chinese students (huge majority), Mexican factory workers, and blacks.

my condolences, friend.

I hate this 'all women are stupid' meme, whether it's sincere or done in jest.

>tfw when dumb and abusive parents
oh well, at least I don't live with those bastards anymore

I said you didn't need to reply. It doesn't change anything
I know he's trolling, he's still embarrassing himself.

KEN?

>Breaking bad is so fucking bad
you're just being contrarian

it was a good show. it's highly overrated, but it was good.

My parents were both raised in a really poor area in the mountains of West Virginia. I'm talking way back in the valleys where there is only a few really small towns and outsiders never go there. Needless to say, their education was very lacking. Luckily they moved to a different state before I was born so I never had to grow up there. My dad is still a truck driver and only cares about work but my mom ended up going to college years later and becoming a teacher so she is at least halfway educated now.

>parents keep moving houses every few years because they're bad with money
>house gets a bit smaller each time
>the house i grew up is easily worth $1m+ now because housing inflation
t-thank you mum and pop

I can sympathize with this, to an extent. I harbored a lot of resentment toward my parents for much of my life, which I think was an unconscious acknowledgement that I inherited heightened versions of their worst traits (my father's autistic tendencies and my mother's neuroticism) with few of their positives. It took me a while, but I no longer feel that way. I've come to understand them as loving, compassionate people who genuinely tried and only wanted the best for me.

The experience has turned me into something of an antinatalist, however. On a personal level anyway. I'm not too concerned with whether others have children or not, and know a few people who almost certainly would make wonderful parents (/would raise healthy, well-adjusted children), but I've come to realize that many of us, myself included, simply aren't equipped to do so.

Hope you find peace friend.

Wow, it's incredible how many Veeky Forums geniuses were the improbable genetic product of two dumb people.

>dad born in north carolina
>joins navy, retires after 20 years
>gets bachelors and masters degree in chemistry

>he developed a normal american accent while in the navy but always uses his hick north carolina accent when not talking to directly to me or my mom
>have seen him fool literally hundreds of people into thinking he is a country retard and then subtly fucking their shit up in weird ways

perhaps this is why i developed into a sociopath

Are you so stupid to think that everything is being written on Veeky Forums is real? 70% of these post are made up.

who /depressed parents/ here

My dad was a tryhard babyboomer, he was born in a remote town in italy, he grow up reading comics and joined the army at 16 because he wanted to leave his hometown, he used to buy tons of books (classics and history) but he read like 1/4 of it.
My mom is a super pragmatical person, she only reads legal thrillers and stuff like that.

Hello inferior hapa male.

nope, my mom's all left brain (accountant) and my dad's right brain (restaurant owner). generally liberal and cool.

sup hapafriend. philipino and german reporting in.

You sound like an autistic faggot desu

Maury is fucking wild; it's an immediate and intense human drama that taps the most visceral part of our social psyche. Only a pretentious loser would look down on it.

My dad's a complete and utter retard, and my mom is a fairly intelligent librarian who read to me often and got me into reading.

Dad is extremely knowledgeable about history especially WW2 and Ireland but never really reads any fiction apart from shitty historical fiction.
Mum reads Lee Child and Tom Rob Smith also stuff from the best seller list.

Could be worse.

>Dad was psychiatrist with masters in English literature and Philosophy.
>Mom was a professor of Philosophy and basically has spend her entire life collecting master degrees for the sake off it.

Grew up in a home in which every wall was either plastered in books or art.
There were always professors from other -usually foreign- universities staying at my home.
Dinners consisted of long meaty discussions drowned in red wine.

I always was a failure in their eyes for become 'just a physician'.

Mean!

Reminder that if you do not have daddy issues you will NEVER be a successful writer

My dad is a crude alcoholic. "The Catcher in the Rye is about a kid with a bunch of conspiracy theories in his head."-direct quote
My mom is a sweet lady but she has her intellectual shortcomings. She loves the Kardashians.

that's a dude.

My parents aren't retarded at the very least.

My mother isn't a broad watching Real Housewives or soap operas or similar schlock. In fact she loves surface-level nigh patrician shit like To Kill a Mockingbird and The Shining. I think that might be because of daddy issues or some shit and her relating to Scout and Danny (who did look like her when she was a kid) but I'm no Freudian analyst so bear with me. She's also into crime docs. And while she is a liberal at least she's an """informed""" liberal who """knows""" her """info""" instead of some air headed parrot.

Dad is Fox News conservative and a reformed Chad who fucked himself over for life with four illegitimate children and four cases of child support. That in and of itself speaks retardation. Some days I wish I was like him and could charm so hard I'd get laid in a convent but then I remember at least I won't stick my dick in cray cray and be forced to pay pay for life.

Mom is a 6/10 because she's the source of my self-esteem issues but at least I didn't grow up to be a druggie and dad is a 7/10 because he is a retarded and the real man at fault but at least he reformed in the end.

Definitely, but my situation is a lot like 's. I'm the only one who's been to university, of all my siblings I'm the only one who even graduated high school. One of my sisters has been in prison twice, had three kids throughout her teens and killed her dad (my step-dad) by infecting one of his insulin needles with hepatitis C. My other sister is usually in jail, has never had a job, has four half black kids none of whom she has custody over (but neither do their fathers, because the dads are also shits). My other sister is just insane, has been committed, did a lot of drugs, can't function normally at all and works the night shift cleaning a small hospital by herself.

No one in my family ever made more than $8/hr whenever they did have a job. You'd think people would be proud of me, maybe, for making three times as much as they ever have, for getting all the way to graduate school, for managing a single, faithful long-term relationship.

But it's awful prodigal son shit. They're far more proud of a cousin who recently got out of prison, found a guy with three kids who got her pregnant again (she lost custody of her previous kids, not even visitation rights), and is now a stay-at-home mom instead of a drug addict.

Apparently one of my favorite phrases as a kid was to say how I wanted to start smoking just so I could quit and get everyone to care about me.