Focus

How do you get yourself to focus for a long period of time without taking amphetamine?

Especially looking at you superhumans who study for >8 hours a day.

Think about money and not working at a grocery store the rest of my life

Well I do use amphetamine, but I'm motivated to transferring next fall and increasing my chances to get an internship.

but even if you do study that could still end up happeneing

this + whatever racetam works for you

Drink coffee/a sip

I get motivated by watching anime about people who put a lot of effort and do amazing things, like that one about cooking.

Practice meditation. Study taoism (the subtle and precise art of not giving a shit in just the right way).

>he actually unironically watches anime

/r/jesuschristreddit

Nice
You should see Veeky Forums's approved anime but i don't have the chart right now so, some of them are motivational as well
Also they have motivational movies as well
>he actually unironically hates anime

How do you ironically watch anime?

Fear

Fear of not having pride in myself
Fear of my colleagues thinking i'm dumb
Fear of failing out of school
Fear of having a shitty GPA
Fear of having a shitty job
Fear of having a shitty apartment
Fear of working with idiots for the rest of my life
Fear of having a boss that i'm smarter than

I don't. I do it in bursts.

Force studying for like 3+ hours straight does nothing but stress or annoy the fuck out of you and you learn nothing.

>watch anime
>realiize that you're a weeb
>"I just watch ironically, guys!

this

focusing for a long period of time is a meme unless you're some kind of turbo autist and not one of the regular ol spergs like us

Pomodoro meme

>by not shitposting on Veeky Forums
The thing is you might squeeze out up to 2 hours of quite good focus. Then you should have a break, but during the break you should do exercise, look through the window or something similar, because if you choose to surf a web for little bit that can throw you focus quite a bit and you'll be fucked.

Doesn't really work for me, pham. Constantly stopping and starting just feels more annoying than helpful. I do use it to help me get *started* with work, sometimes, though.

Drastically cut down on mindless internet use, including Veeky Forums. It quite literally damages your brain

I've been trying neurofeedback therapy, and while I'm still certainly no superhuman by any measure I do feel like it's making a difference.

How does that work?

I'm a NEET so, I mostly play vidyagames until I want to study, usually an hour on and off for each. Focus comes easy when I'm not fucked by time.

yup

There is literally no reason to study for 8 hours a day. If you learn the material and do your work when you are supposed to, then you only need to study for 3 or 4 hours max before a test or quiz.

Tbh you don't need to be a "superhuman" who studies for 8+ hours a day. People who study for 8+ hours a day are actually the opposite, they AREN'T superhumans, that's why they need to study for 8+ hours. Just find what works for you. You need to put yourself into a situation where you minimize distractions and maximize efficiency. You have to figure out how you learn.

Also, you MUST take breaks, you can't read shit for 8 hours straight and expect all of it to stick.

u need a good dose of autosim

take a ten minute break every 60 minutes.

It is also better for long term memory retention.

Comfort. I often study all day, but I don't think I could if I didn't make myself super comfy.

I often study outside wrapped up in blankets, and always eat nice filling meals I cook myself. And I always have a cup of tea next to me while I study. I also always study early so that I have plenty of time to figure out anything I don't understand. This leaves me time to take naps, and It keeps my stress levels as low as possible so I never start to feel strained or burnt out. Classical music is good because it doesn't get stuck in my head like other types of music and can be inspiring and relaxing. But I get bored of it sometimes.

Studying outdoors is by far my favorite way to study. And taking things slowly. One step at a time and never putting myself into a situation where I feel rushed.

>like that one about cooking.
what is
>You should see Veeky Forums's approved anime
find the chart faggit

take enjoyment and interest in the classes you enrolled in
get engaged of course

bet i cud make u squirt befor ur study sess, make u real relaxed, if u want me to tho lol

I think that way sometimes, you know, get super comfy and then prepare to study.
But then I end up doing other things

You can still use your additional time to study something else. For example, many physics undergrad programs don't teach topology and general relativity, which you could potentially self-learn in your free time.

I study in crowded places, that way I can't browse weird shit on the internet or shitpost on Veeky Forums. Internet is really harmful for concentration when you are alone and nobody is watching, you tend to lose control and waste your time like crazy. It's a discipline and motivation issue.

This guy kinda gets it.

A big factor is the people you surround yourself with. Surround yourself with hard workers, and you'll develop the work ethos.

Same, except I'm a competitive assholes striving for other people's acceptance. If I study in public I'll work my ass off as to not be judged. My interest in science also started as a "competition" with some classmates, whoever got the highest grades won. They didn't know of the competition, obviously.

Play strategy games that don't contain luck. If you're persistent, eventually you become enraptured by abstract thought, and can go 8 hours without sensuous thoughts.

good post, especialy about the rushing.

>If you learn the material and do your work when you are supposed to, then you only need to study for 3 or 4 hours max before a test or quiz.
By "study," i usually include all of that time doing work and learning the material. So, that's definitely more than 3 or 4 hours.

>Classical music is good because it doesn't get stuck in my head like other types of music
You're not listening to the right kind of classical music, buddy. Though I guess it's the right kind in this case, where it's just background music.

N-Acetyl-Tyrosine

Like Einstein you have to master the power nap

I actually have an old bottle of that stuff laying around along with some L-theanine. Is it legit or just a meme?

work as a long distance driver... lack of focus becomes deadly.

after a while you have super-focus

who is this jizz wiz?

Maybe in shitty non-Medicine courses.

good goy

WHICH ANIME IS ABOUT COOKING?

Pure selfhatred. I'm so pathetic I disgust myself.

Shokugeki no Soma I'd assume.

I saved that shit over a year ago OP, but never got to a need to try it. You can gamble and go for it.

I dunno, man. I wish I knew her name. I've ejaculated to her so many times.

Think of it as an emotion. The feeling of continuing. Was called "Wood" by those who study chi. It just dosent "Stop".

The best way I found was to associate being at home not studying with massive amounts of stress and anxiety.

However, I would not recommend this as long term solution.

I've always found meditation to be the most helpful thing for me. I've had severe focus problems since I started school and no medications I've ever been prescribed have compared to meditation in helping me stay focused and balanced. Just doing it regularly keeps me a pretty focused person, but it does seem to be a little more effective if I do it right before studying

Here's a gay little Veeky Forums meditation guide that I find is pretty good.

anime
amine
methamphetANIME

Coincidence? No probably not

Get comfy with your books, drink lots of black coffee (or take amphetamines, whatever) and don't eat. And make sure whatever you're studying really soothes your 'tism. That should keep ya going for a few hours at least.

Basically this for me lmao, my dad was able to move from siberia to california by studying math basically, so whenever i get a bit pissy from studying all day i just think that i could be still in the fucking tundra if not for math and that motivates me

probably shokugeki no soma or something like that

kill yourself faggot

>i could be still in the fucking tundra

That should demotivate you more than anything.

I find all these motivation "strategies" highly suspect. Picturing myself living on the streets demotivates the hell out of me.

your addicted, calm down.

As we can here see anime produces a silimar condition to methamphetamine in which the user is irritable and angry. Anime use may cause permenent damage to the hippocampus [1]

I can't remember the last time I studied for 60 minutes straight. Or 30