Are you as Veeky Forums as Rory Gilmore?

Are you as Veeky Forums as Rory Gilmore?

listchallenges.com/rory-gilmore-reading-challenge

You better be, because you're definitely not as adorable.

Other urls found in this thread:

listchallenges.com/have-you-read-as-much-as-an-english-major/checklist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

W A I F U

I'm pretty sure she's supposed to look like she's reading Ulysses in that scene, but I think what happened is the prop department dropped the ball because that's not Ulysses but Stuart Gilbert's study of Ulysses. Pulled me right out of the episode when I noticed it and ruined my immersion for two and a half episodes.

Maybe she's so patrician that she's reading the study on its own.

when I was at half priced books I quickly grabbed this book thinking it was a small edition of Ulysses because the big paperback was way more expensive. I fucked up

>tfw no Veeky Forums gf like rory

Nice find. Rory Gilmore is a pleb and was obviously just false flagging her intelligence.

Rory turned into a whiney asshole in the later seasons

I had a friend who accidentally flipped through a concordance/index of Ulysses thinking it was the book. Consisted of nothing but references and page numbers. He told me the book seemed way crazier than he ever thought.

Sorry, but I'll never be as "Veeky Forums" as Rory - there is way too much worthless garbage in that list.

Kek if it would have been FW it would have been the opposite.

>Can you carry my books please user?

95 of 339 books

listchallenges.com/have-you-read-as-much-as-an-english-major/checklist

Is this a real English major list? Seriously?

>all that stephen king
>the ya ya sisterhood
>the da vinici code
>motley crue
>the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime

Fuck that shit.

Why? Are you going to chop your arms off?

>The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling

Stopped there, bullshit list

#exposed

92 of 339, but really anything over 170-ish is bad because of all of the plebshit.

I stopped with All the Light We Cannot See, that would never be assigned reading.

>Rory is perfect.jpg
yes Rory is the perfect whore. The show is so redpilled on women.

You have Paris who loves to be whore
you have the two other sluts in HS
you have the mother who sleep with random men, while telling herself that it is worth it
you have the best of all the whore. Our nice little Rory who spend years milky the servitude of some beta, before going for >le random rebbelous dark soul muh existential problem who treats her like shit and she loves it

then she gets bored, as usual, and dumps the little shithead, only get to be fucked by >le billionaire manchild who is devoted to her and ready to be tamed by her

the best part is that she refuses him, as usual, only to be fucked by yet othe rbetas in her life

Rory Gilmore doesn't exist so... yeah I'm more Veeky Forums than her.

pretty much this

what constitutes a 'whore'

goes into a relations just to get fucked, according to the post at least, the bf are just exposition about non-relationships

Reminder that Rory wasted her huge potential to become a fucking journalist.

parasitism

Camus was a journalist. Vonnegut was a journalist. Hunter S. Thompson was a "journalist." Plenty of good writers have been journalists.

>Plenty of good writers have been journalists.
Then why didn't you mention some?

She didn't have a real father figure. And her mother did the same thing, so there is the effect of nurture for you.

>zippy American one liners delivered so fast there's not even time to actually act
>Characters, especially the MC, are obnoxious and cocky. Like the guy you know who sets up a conversation just so he can tell a joke he's thought of.
>lines are delivered back and forth with literally """no""" reaction being made by characters for hearing said line.
>All of the above are cited as reasons why this show is 'witty' and 'has good writing'
>Show is set in an eternally autumnal, white, town.
>literally no real struggles to be found anywhere, those that are, have no real weight because of main bitches quips and funnys
>Main bitch has to learn how to run a hotel! And if she fails she's only got her two wealthy parents to fall back on!
>Oh no Rory what are you going to do! You've got to decide whether you're going to yale or harvard and then which boys you're gonna fuck!
>acoustic guitar soundtrack everywhere
>extremely heavy handed with emotional cues because the main audience is young women
>basically 'my Ideal world' escapism, veiled in a false sincere concern for social issues so that the American left can enjoy it guilt free.
>basically animal crossing the TV show

You people watch this shit? What in the fuck. I thought this was only something my girlfriend watched as a guilty pleasure, this cross board contamination from /tv/ and /pol/ truly is the end of it all. Veeky Forums is dead.

Oh and kys yourselves btw, you're all embarrassing.

>Oh and kys yourselves btw,
rude

strong agree, americans and women are really bad

Disagree, anyone can watch it as satire not just girls

>>basically animal crossing the TV show
>this board has regular "comfy books threads"
>find it surprising that we would like this
>doesn't realize that it's an old show and that knowing plot details doesn't mean watching it in present tense
>has obviously watched it himself
>no one was actually saying anything positive about the show
>spergs out
WEW

Damage control.

>this board has regular comfy book threads
>comfy book threads
>book threads
>book

Fuck yourself, back to your containment board you cuck.

the thread was about the books not the show

5metaπme

"I'm watching it ironically" is the most pathetic dissembling excuse ever, a coward's postmodern mask. Have the balls to admit liking it for what it is and stop thinking yourself above other viewers.

I didn't really like it though, sounds like a cop out but I have only caught a few episodes of it when it first aired more than a decade ago, perchance I saw it and know it doesn't mean I enjoyed it, tv does that to people

Oh yeah silly me!!! :^))

Next let's talk about what the English teacher set in Donnie Darko as required reading (I forgot the name of it! XD)
Then we can maybe talk about that episode of the Sopranos where Anthony Jr talks about Camus, I thought Veeky Forums might like him??
Or remember when Artie's reading the corrections in the Simpsons? Classic!!

Make good on your promise then I will take you seriously

Calm down and take your medicine.