Veeky Forums My father has this theory, is he mental?

If we agree that energy cannot be destroyed (it cannot, this is true). Humans absorb energy from the sun, through the form of Vitamin D. It has weight.

Therefore unlike the planet, we MUST be making the planet heavier through our existence.

Everything on Earth was made from Earth.
So All 7 billion people are and have always been part of the Earths mass, even before they were conceived.
However Humans absorb energy from the sun, through the form of Vitamin D.
It does not go into the planet however like before, instead in goes into the 7 billion people now EXERTING that mass onto the earth.

Because Humans are on the outside of earth, we are exerting that mass onto the Earth (Causing a spin on the axis apparently) rather than being the collective mass of the earth like before.

Do I need to take him to a psychiatrist?

Other urls found in this thread:

image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/a11325.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

Also unless you're ESL you should probably take some remedial grammar classes

Sunlight provides energy to allow a chemical reaction to occur that turns a vitamin d precursor into its active form

You don't just materialize a molecule out of nowhere

No he's a pretty basic level of stupid.

He says the Energy that comes from the sun, is still energy "it has to be" his words. So we're still absorbing energy that was not from the world (not originally part of the earths mass).

absorbing it as heat. energy is """theoretically""" massless.

>energy is """theoretically""" massless
He says "Everything has weight, down to the atomic level."

energy isnt made of atoms

How does energy travel then? Does it not transmit through atoms?

>Does it not transmit through atoms
EM radiation, for example, is propagated through waves. No atoms necessary.

Are you trying to get into a detailed discussion of particle physics on an anime forum? Just go read a book. It will explain it far better than any autismo on this board.

Then you will have the knowledge to debate something rather than learn about it from the ground up while simultaneously trying to debate it.

The Sun doesn't shine specifically on humans. That's stupid.

Humans absorb vitamin D from things they ate due to energy from the sun. Otherwise it'd pass thru without being extracted and absorbed. They do not absorb energy from the sun due to vitamin D.

Energy is not a one-way interaction. The Earth also gives off energy in the form of light, and even more in the form of heat (semantics - infrared light).

Bu the energy from the Sun causes reactions. Photosynthesis in plants, for example. It's nt a net gain of mass.

The Earth does however gain mass from meteors every day. Don't know the exact tonnage, but it'll be far more than the net gain of equivalent energy.

As I understand it the energy from sunlight lets our bodies produce vitamin D by transforming prexisting material, similar to how plants photosynthesize. So your dads retarded.

He's a genius. Don't listen to the haters, your father is a true visionary

>My father has this theory
He understands nothing about theory,
and neither do you.

>Do I need to take him to a psychiatrist?

Seriously, you may want to start researching dementia / Alzheimer's disease on his behalf.

How much mass does the Earth gain from sunlight?
image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/a11325.html

>During the entire life of the sun...4.5 billion years, the earth has gained 2.7 x 10^17 kilograms, which is only 1/21 millionth of its mass.

humans don't absorb anything from the sun.

your dad needs to learn what an endocrine is. vitamin D is an endocrine called a secosteroid.

you dont fucking exhert mass you cuck mass is fucking mass. weight is a force

"cuck" is quite an overused insult. In any case when imparting knowledge there's no need to be a dick about it.

If our very first sentence of a thread was an actual sentence(not just a sentence fragment).

How come whenever you look at the subject of EM you see particles not waves? Christians : 1 scientists:1

You're telling me there are more atoms on earth then grains of sand at the beach?
>I only know like 5 adams

This. How the fuck are people saying that sunlight has no mass?

However OP, we still count as the collective mass of Earth, and sunlight gets absorbed by oceans and plants way more than humans.

You absorb the energy and you emit it into space again. Black body physics