When will there be a cure for tinnitus?

when will there be a cure for tinnitus?
Why is finding a cure for tinnitus not top priority?

Other urls found in this thread:

tinnitusjournal.com/articles/ozone-therapy-and-pressurepulse-therapy-in-menieres-disease.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=t0I4mTEdAf8
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5204200
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=tinnitus
lindenmethod.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Try ripping out the entire acoustic nerve.
That'll probably do it.

A few days after you die from stress caused by tinnitus, most likely.

I've had stable-tone tinnitus for my whole life
grow up, pussy.

>tinnitus changes in pitch and loudness when you strech your jaw
>localized lymphadenopathy around the area
>can't afford a read doctor

Are there people without that constant ringing though? I've never really asked anyone honestly.

I've always had it, but I hardly ever become conscious about it unless I think about the noise, or I wake up in the middle of the night and it is incredibly strong. That's when it's the worst, makes it difficult to actually fall back asleep. Similar to when you become conscious of the fact that your eyes roll up when you close them to sleep.

I've never seen a doctor about it or anything, so I don't know if I actually have tinnitus or anything, but if there is silence there is just always this constant, sharp high pitched noise, regardless of whether my ears are plugged / covered.

I listen to a lot of am radio in NYC during the day and I always hear ads by a doctor claiming to be able to effectively treat (not cure) tinnitus. Idk if that's even possible and don't know what it involves. But apparently someone is trying.

>Similar to when you become conscious of the fact that your eyes roll up when you close them to sleep.
God fucking dammit, that's one reason of about a thousand I have insomnia.

>half asleep, essentially lucid dreaming but not actually asleep yet
>brain: *notices you're trying to sleep* owo what's this?
>snap back into reality

Happens to me all the time, and once you're aware of it, your eye muscles start tensing up and it becomes almost painful for a while.

Worse though is when you wake up in the middle of the night, and one of your nostrils has completely closed and you can only breathe out of one nostril. This happens to me all the time to the point where I spray nasal spray (which you get addicted to basically) every night to keep both nostrils open. Doesn't even have anything to do with allergies or anything, since you're always breathing more air through one nostril over the other, and it switches throughout the day.

>2-4% of the population suffers from horrifi red scaly patches on their skin(psoriasis)
>other shit like eczema and dermatits too
>still no cure but meme shit like cerebral palsy with barely any victims gets tons of funding

>he isn't funding CP
Wow, look at this reddit normie over here.

try ozone ear insufflation

tinnitusjournal.com/articles/ozone-therapy-and-pressurepulse-therapy-in-menieres-disease.pdf

that fucking auto immune related they need to remove stress and clean up their diet

>get into this state
>something happens in a dream (e.g. hit something while running)
>actually feel the impact in my shoulder
>wake up wide awake
FUVK YOU BRAIN, I'M TRYING TO SLEEP.
This also happens with voices in such state. Once in a while I hear them so loud and clear that I think they were in the room. Fucking spooky shit, man. At least it's pretty rare

My autistic nerve is what makes me smart desu

Try listening to static noise OP. It always tones down my tinnitus, even if just for a moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=t0I4mTEdAf8

>tfw high pitch tinnitus
>dentist fucks up wisdom tooth extraction and i get pulsatile tinnitus in right ear 3 days later
th-thanks
how the fuck do i fix this? i can literally hear the blood rushing

>brain: *notices you're trying to sleep* owo what's this?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

>tfw shit skin genetics
>have to moisturise constantly or become flakey monster
>immediately burn in sunlight
do-it-yourself gene correction kits when

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5204200 Bretty gud famallama, specially the Brown Noise bit.

How the fuck can you link your tinnitus to your wisdom tooth extraction that was three days prior?

He's completely right though.
Tinnitus is often caused by physical disturbance of the acoustic nerve.

If it doesn't stop when the swelling goes down, see a doctor.

it was like 1 hour surgery / extraction because it was lodged in my jawbone. trauma can give you delayed onset pulsatile tinnitus around 2-5 days later iirc
What do you think the cause would be if not that? I was literally recovering at home not doing anything but eat liquidy foods for 3 days and then suddenly I wake up with pulsatile tinnitus in the same side where I had the extraction done

I've had it for a year, it hasn't dissappeared. Went to the doctor, they don't know shit. Just told me to deal with it. I'm not sure exactly what the cause is. My hearing is normally otherwise, I've read a lot here and there on the internet and I have a suspicion that it might be a tear in one of the veins near my ear, as a result of the surgery. Not sure if I can get it fixed though.. the doctors were useless

To clarify, I had high pitch tinnitus as long as I can remember, but the pulsatile in my right ear is what happened from the surgery.

Could be. I also got this pulsating thing last year.
I'm not sure what's causing it exactly. My wisdom teeth are rotting, I have lympadenopathy right next to the ear and I also smashed my head in the area, so it's not exactly specific, but tissue damage seem to cause this I guess.

Might also be TMJ or neck posture
I have a hunch that my high pitch tinnitus is because of shitty neck posture

yeah especially neck posture is a weird one, but it certainly affects it.

That's what you get for being a dumb frogposter.

>Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head
>Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull
>Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise
>Repeat 40-50 times
>Some people experience immediate relief with this method
>Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus

Does this method work for anyone else? I occasionally get tinnitus and this clears it immediately.

i'm scared of doing it because i heard someone say that it made their tinnitus permamently worsen

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=tinnitus

>tinnitus all my life
>visual snow all my life
>derealization since I was 14
wtf is up with my brain lmoa

just diy

tinnitus can also be a symptom of anxiety and stress. if you want, check this out: lindenmethod.com/
this saved my life a few years ago. hope it helps.

hahahaha
seems legit mate

>visual snow
>derealization

We're in the same boat, friend. See a doctor, they'll put you on a mild dose of clonazepam or diazepam to help with the visual snow. It never gets any easier though.

If it's giving you problems it is definitely not normal. I don't have any problems like that.

Helminth therapy or probiotics could help.

What you are describing is not normal at all and isn't a natural part of the sleeping process. You should get that fixed.

t. avid lucid dreamer

Have some rashy red spots on my arm that appear every winter when it gets dry here. Other than moisturizing lotion I can't really do anything about them. They're very very mild but can sometimes hurt if I don't put lotion on them for ~a week. Should I be concerned? Is it worth a trip to a dermatologist (cost isn't an issue)

Tinnitus and auditory hallucinations here. Not bad hallucinations, occasionally voice constructions, but usually cool making up music type of things.

To add to the thread, i can alnost always hear fluid when moving neck around, maybe spinal?? Not sure but ive always been able to hear it